Africans helping Africans/Thousands see off Chadian troops to fight Boko Haram

Options
luke1733
luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
Since CNN,MSNBC, of course Fox, OAN have yet to say anything about this; I thought I'd add it. [Maybe I should have just added to the other thread on Boko Haram, but I had some questions to ask]

Africans helping to rid other African countries of terrorists. Does anybody else know of this happening within the past 40 years among Western African countries or central/south African countries uniting in military to fight a common enemy?
First, it would be great if Boko Haram (don't know much about them except the murders and kidnappings) didn't exist and have to be dealt with, but since they do exist it is a beautiful thing to see African nations supporting other African nations that send a military unit into another country to defend innocent civilians and fight terrorist groups. I know of the African Union, but they have limited funds and abilities and they seem positive.

I pray this succeeds, but the effort is at least GREAT.
Nothing speaks to the possibility more of unity and order than a military fighting for good.

What do you all think the implications of this can start? What do you think on this at all? I know the other thread of Boko has been started, but since that was all about the massacres going on I figured this was more about Africans helping africans

http://www.voanews.com/content/chad-sending-troops-to-help-cameroon-fight-boko-haram/2600762.html

Comments

• luke1733
    Options
    Basically, Nigeria's going to be thankful to Chad for helping. The thousands marching shows solidarity and an effort to unite against a common enemy. A statement (overdue, but better late than never) is being made. They didn't have to ask the US to come into their country and infiltrate them. Plus, if countries can die for one another then moreso than religion, business or anything I think naively but I do believe that precedent among MEN is a statement we always respect; when a brother lays down his life to fight with you. So, basically, you can expect those countries (if they succeed against Boko Haram) to probably be encouraged to work together more----since after war----everything else is easier than that war. I ain't saying all black african countries are about to unite, but it would be nice to see about 4 united under one military, government, currency.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good, Nigeria needs all the help it can get against them, Boko Haram has been out of line for a long time now
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Since CNN,MSNBC, of course Fox, OAN have yet to say anything about this; I thought I'd add it. [Maybe I should have just added to the other thread on Boko Haram, but I had some questions to ask]

Africans helping to rid other African countries of terrorists. Does anybody else know of this happening within the past 40 years among Western African countries or central/south African countries uniting in military to fight a common enemy?
    First, it would be great if Boko Haram (don't know much about them except the murders and kidnappings) didn't exist and have to be dealt with, but since they do exist it is a beautiful thing to see African nations supporting other African nations that send a military unit into another country to defend innocent civilians and fight terrorist groups. I know of the African Union, but they have limited funds and abilities and they seem positive.

I pray this succeeds, but the effort is at least GREAT.
    Nothing speaks to the possibility more of unity and order than a military fighting for good.

What do you all think the implications of this can start? What do you think on this at all? I know the other thread of Boko has been started, but since that was all about the massacres going on I figured this was more about Africans helping africans

http://www.voanews.com/content/chad-sending-troops-to-help-cameroon-fight-boko-haram/2600762.html

Kenya aided other African nations against terrorists in the past and I think South Africa sent troops to different parts of Africa before to stop some rebel movements, Cameroon and Libya as well
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Does anybody else know of this happening within the past 40 years among Western African countries or central/south African countries uniting in military to fight a common enemy?
    we're not counting Kenya and Ethiopia per your list, but depending on what you call central/southern Africa, you had AU action to fight the LRA, if nothing else

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good gotta start helping each other out
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This ? has all been exacerbated by Goodluck Jonathan's idiot incompetent corrupt ass.
    Since CNN,MSNBC, of course Fox, OAN have yet to say anything about this

ofc the irony of this is, to quote wikipedia, "Voice of America (VOA) is the official external broadcast institution of the United States federal government" yet that and NPR are like 10000x better than those ? cable news networks
    Does anybody else know of this happening within the past 40 years among Western African countries or central/south African countries uniting in military to fight a common enemy?

Doesn't Rwanda count? The Hutu supremacists murdered about a million people in 3 months......the only reason it stopped there was because other African countries like Uganda supported the RPF as they retook the country. When people say "nobody intervened", what they mean is that white people didn't intervene.
    They didn't have to ask the US to come into their country and infiltrate them.

As if the U.S would ever send thousands of troops to fight and die in Africa. Nigeria's already gotten some military advisers and help w/ intel. Maybe some drones iirc. That's the most they're ever gonna get. I mean, when Islamist groups like Boko Haram conquered most of Mali, France was practically begging the U.S to fight them and Obama was like "? off, do it yourself".

Speaking of which:

"Trained in desert combat, Chadian forces played a critical role in fighting jihadists in northern Mali, where they became major allies to French troops in the fight against terrorists there. In fact, they were instrumental in the killing of some high-profile jihadists.

On Friday, the Russian ambassador to Cameroon, Nicolay Ratsiborinski, said his country will supply Cameroon with modern and sophisticated military weapons.

He said the equipment will include heavy artillery, armored cars and missiles.

Michael Stephen Hoza, U.S. ambassador to Cameroon, also said his country would help train Cameroon soldiers and offer equipment for the fight."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/18/africa/cameroon-chad-troops-boko-haram/

You know you done ? up when America AND Russia start giving your enemies guns lol........
  • luke1733
    Options
    Good stuff, i didn't know.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenya , Ethiopia , Tanzania and other central african countries are Uniting efforts against Somalian Militants most notably Al-Shabbab.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just send Kai over there with an AK
    She'll take them all out on some Rambo ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Good. Boko needs a slow and painful death.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    This ? has all been exacerbated by Goodluck Jonathan's idiot incompetent corrupt ass.
    bolded the important part
    Doesn't Rwanda count? The Hutu supremacists murdered about a million people in 3 months......the only reason it stopped there was because other African countries like Uganda supported the RPF as they retook the country.
    i was wondering if that was enough teamwork for him or not
    As if the U.S would ever send thousands of troops to fight and die in Africa.
    actually, you know, that's totally happened.
    *cough World War II cough*
    Nigeria's already gotten some military advisers and help w/ intel. Maybe some drones iirc. That's the most they're ever gonna get.
    well, that's ALSO because Nigeria ? about being given help.
    I mean, when Islamist groups like Boko Haram conquered most of Mali, France was practically begging the U.S to fight them and Obama was like "? off, do it yourself".
    eh, that sass they probably saw coming