Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Tone Won't Be Too Dark, Game Has Great Potential To Be Ultimate Uncharted

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
hyPCNFBzQ3wGTeutyVv04PCQncvK96xFgvFq4WGTTqBfyinayDPsvpZfbxuMQkl3CucQ75pZfghmsOYPYUN8LmIkVS7jCrD5823DGrXYoYH-PiW-5wWzPR5puMVRa8FZDu-FlOgj=w512-h288-nc

Naughty Dog is one of the top rated developer of current time. The studio is currently working on PlayStation 4 exclusive title, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Each game from Naughty Dog has set a new benchmark (whether Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 or recently released The Last of Us and TLOU: Remastered), so the question on every PlayStation fans mind is: what they are aiming for with Uncharted 4: A Thief's End? "Ultimate Uncharted" experience, according to Game Director Bruce Straley.

In a recent interview to our friend at Gameinformer, Bruce Straley stated that its not very easy to make a game, and added that Naughty Dog's overall goal is to push things forward and evolve the successful Uncharted formula.

"Making Uncharted 4 is hard. Making every game is really hard. It's never easy," Straley said. "Where's the blueprint? Who's got the f&$king blueprint to make these things?"

"We're constantly questioning how to do this better. We're driven by, we want to create an experience that resonates with the player, and what we're trying to do is create amazingly rich characters and an adventure that these characters can go on," he added. "All these things have to make sense and they have to click together with the controller in your hand. And I want to feel engaged."

"I don't want to just play the same game as I've always played before. So we're going to evolve it," he said. "And then we did The Last of Us and that gave us new concepts about how to evolve things. Each time, it's not like as developers we're like, 'I'm bored.' We as players, we want to play a game that is the ultimate Uncharted that we think this thing could be. It has such great potential."

Neil Druckmann, second director on Uncharted 4 added: "This is the Uncharted we feel like we want to make and the culmination of everything we've learned on Uncharted and The Last of Us."

In addition to this, Bruce Straley also talked about overall tone of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Bruce assured PlayStation community to relax as the tone of Uncharted 4 won't be TOO DARK, light-heartedness will be retain.

"We're not gonna make it too dark, everybody calm down. Just take a breath," Straley said. "We're retaining the lightheartedness; it's Nathan Drake."

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is scheduled to launch at some point in 2015 exclusively for PlayStation 4.

Comments