Isn't it kinda ? that you can't return a game that sucks donkey ? ?

Options
2»

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well since i switched over to PC, i've found that I no longer need to "have" a game the day it comes out or even a few weeks after it releases.

I've started playing a ton of older/proven games until the newer games go on sale during the steam seasonal sales. By this time, the newer games have been patched and other content has been added.

As consumers, we should stop buying ? on release day. Thats all these suits care about. Wait until reviews from trusted sites come out or if you have a few friends that have played the game. At the least, get the game on sale instead of the 59.99 sku. While i dont play COD anymore, i wont "knock" anyone that does, but look how many years they were bragging on first week sales meanwhile, the game got ? with each subsequent release (my opinion)

I no longer pre order games either. For what? some downloadable skins? and extra level or two? I can wait 5-8 months after release and get all that included for a fraction of what it retailed for during a steam season or greenmangaming, humble bundle, etc...

I bought 2k15 and borderlands the pre-sequel for $30 each. My only "regret" about buying 2k was that this was the first release on the next gen consoles and it wont be until probably later on this year until the mods really start cranking out b/c the mod community has been having difficulty navigating through the files for this game.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah they need to cut that ? out and at least give a few day window to return ?
    Tried Gamefly.
    ? was WOAT.
    Took them a clean 5 or 6 days to ship my ? out.
    Ain't bout to pay for that slow ass ?
    , but I heard it varies depending on where you live.

Now a days before I buy a game I read at least 5 reviews on it (without spoiling the game of course) unless I was gonna get the ? from the jump.
    I also don't go digital on a game unless its at least 50% off.
    It's always physical so I can return that ? if it's complete ass.

Yeah I did sign up for gamefly one time and after I signed up I started looking for AAA game titles to chose from and wasn't none available not even used copies. It's like you have to put them in the game queue 2 or 3 months before they release to even try to rent them ? is ridiculous. The slow ass shipping doesn't help either I know another site glyde.com I had to stop ? with them because it takes damn near 10 days to mail out games once you buy them or the people you buy from don't ship them out at all.
  • willhustle
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    well since i switched over to PC, i've found that I no longer need to "have" a game the day it comes out or even a few weeks after it releases.

I've started playing a ton of older/proven games until the newer games go on sale during the steam seasonal sales. By this time, the newer games have been patched and other content has been added.

As consumers, we should stop buying ? on release day. Thats all these suits care about. Wait until reviews from trusted sites come out or if you have a few friends that have played the game. At the least, get the game on sale instead of the 59.99 sku.While i dont play COD anymore, i wont "knock" anyone that does, but look how many years they were bragging on first week sales meanwhile, the game got ? with each subsequent release (my opinion)

I no longer pre order games either. For what? some downloadable skins? and extra level or two? I can wait 5-8 months after release and get all that included for a fraction of what it retailed for during a steam season or greenmangaming, humble bundle, etc...

I bought 2k15 and borderlands the pre-sequel for $30 each. My only "regret" about buying 2k was that this was the first release on the next gen consoles and it wont be until probably later on this year until the mods really start cranking out b/c the mod community has been having difficulty navigating through the files for this game.

Yeah I'm just at that point where I'm about near done buying a lot of games on release day 2K is one of them. 2K is getting stale like EA did with NBA Live before the franchise went to ? for years. It's only a few proven franchise games that I'm willing to buy on release date like Batman, GTA (anything from Rockstar), Mortal Kombat, WWE, etc.,

As far as opinions goes for gaming websites like IGN, a lot of those opinions I take with a grain of salt because a lot of these companies have these websites in their back pocket where a game may get 8.5 you look on other sites and the same game only gets 6-7 in scores (IGN is notorious for this).

When it comes to gaming well console gaming I've been said these companies could bare to drop the price tag from $60+ on a lot of these games that hit the market because a lot of them aren't worth it and then you got some games where if they come with DLC they nickle & dime consumers (SF, WWE 2K15, & Injustice/MK) and a lot of the DLC isn't worth it.
  • AP21
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

As consumers, we should stop buying ? on release day. Thats all these suits care about. Wait until reviews from trusted sites come out or if you have a few friends that have played the game. At the least, get the game on sale instead of the 59.99 sku.While i dont play COD anymore, i wont "knock" anyone that does, but look how many years they were bragging on first week sales meanwhile, the game got ? with each subsequent release (my opinion)

Yeah I'm just at that point where I'm about near done buying a lot of games on release day 2K is one of them. 2K is getting stale like EA did with NBA Live before the franchise went to ? for years. It's only a few proven franchise games that I'm willing to buy on release date like Batman, GTA (anything from Rockstar), Mortal Kombat, WWE, etc.,

As far as opinions goes for gaming websites like IGN, a lot of those opinions I take with a grain of salt because a lot of these companies have these websites in their back pocket where a game may get 8.5 you look on other sites and the same game only gets 6-7 in scores (IGN is notorious for this).

When it comes to gaming well console gaming I've been said these companies could bare to drop the price tag from $60+ on a lot of these games that hit the market because a lot of them aren't worth it and then you got some games where if they come with DLC they nickle & dime consumers (SF, WWE 2K15, & Injustice/MK) and a lot of the DLC isn't worth it.

great points brah

agree 100% with your comment about games like GTA (and im crossing every finger and toe that they announce a sequel to red dead redemption this year for next gen consoles, but they probably wont so that GTA 5 can cook a lil longer)

When i was talking about reputable sites, i meant lil smaller ones that dont have that big huge publisher backing. And while i dont actually use Metacritic as an end all be all, i will read a few reviews from other people who have bought the game to get a consensus.

Like i mentioned earlier, going to PC was probably the best decision I've made as a gamer. I'm playing games now that i would've NEVER played before had I just stuck to console b/c 1) they probably wouldnt have released to consoles and 2) most of my xbox friends at the time only played the same 3-4 games a year.

Im playing Skyrim with at least 60+ mods and it plays and looks like a game that just came out last year on next gen. Other games like Fallout:new Vegas also get in the rotation b/c of the mods that add different stuff. You never really "beat" these kinds of games either b/c somebody is ALWAYS adding something to the game which is why i can find peace with buying maybe 1-3 newly released games a year

I think for this past Steam winter sale, i got like 6 games for maybe $60 if that. A couple were indie type games and others were games that were released early in 2014 or they had maybe just been released and were on a stupid cheap discount.

The ONLY downside imo to pc gaming is some games just dont have the online community support that you find on consoles, but the tradeoff to me is that i dont have to worry about some 12 year old calling me a ? ? or some other dumb ?

last story. I think i got Batman: Arkam Origins for 5.99 and that ended up being woat to me. Glad i didnt pay the full price for it. Oh, and that 5.99 included the dlc
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with a bunch of opinions that have been posted. We as the consumer have the power because we're spending money. And people want more bang for their buck. So if I can wait 6 months to a year after a game has came out and it be like 80% from what the original price will be then its not money wasted per se.
    Not being able to return a game is one of the many problems with gaming. You're stuck with it and if you can't return it then they gonna drop the price on what they give you back as a trade in. So you're losing money.
    For me I'm way behind on games. ? I still haven't beat the Uncharted series yet. I got Red Dead and the Last of Us to finish as well. And I don't mind it one bit.
  • willhustle
    Options

great points brah

agree 100% with your comment about games like GTA (and im crossing every finger and toe that they announce a sequel to red dead redemption this year for next gen consoles, but they probably wont so that GTA 5 can cook a lil longer)

When i was talking about reputable sites, i meant lil smaller ones that dont have that big huge publisher backing. And while i dont actually use Metacritic as an end all be all, i will read a few reviews from other people who have bought the game to get a consensus.

Like i mentioned earlier, going to PC was probably the best decision I've made as a gamer. I'm playing games now that i would've NEVER played before had I just stuck to console b/c 1) they probably wouldnt have released to consoles and 2) most of my xbox friends at the time only played the same 3-4 games a year.

Im playing Skyrim with at least 60+ mods and it plays and looks like a game that just came out last year on next gen. Other games like Fallout:new Vegas also get in the rotation b/c of the mods that add different stuff. You never really "beat" these kinds of games either b/c somebody is ALWAYS adding something to the game which is why i can find peace with buying maybe 1-3 newly released games a year

I think for this past Steam winter sale, i got like 6 games for maybe $60 if that. A couple were indie type games and others were games that were released early in 2014 or they had maybe just been released and were on a stupid cheap discount.

The ONLY downside imo to pc gaming is some games just dont have the online community support that you find on consoles, but the tradeoff to me is that i dont have to worry about some 12 year old calling me a ? ? or some other dumb ?

last story. I think i got Batman: Arkam Origins for 5.99 and that ended up being woat to me. Glad i didnt pay the full price for it. Oh, and that 5.99 included the dlc

I think another Red Dead sequel will be announced but it probably won't be released until Sept/Oct or Spring 2016 at the latest. I never could get into PC gaming I know the price of games are cheap on the PC but I tried and wasn't feeling it. Also, I don't really get involved with going online when I play but yeah dealing with little kids & being called ? is why I don't buy/use headset when I go online. Arkham Origins was just a cash-in game after I beat it I was done I didn't even buy the DLC.

I guess as I've gotten older my taste in gaming has changed and it's not a lot of games I'm interested in buying though. Now if the they made games where new content can be continously added for games like GTA V online then that would be great. I think with reviews from gaming sites you're better off checking player reviews instead of critics reviews.
  • AP21
    Options

great points brah

I think another Red Dead sequel will be announced but it probably won't be released until Sept/Oct or Spring 2016 at the latest. I never could get into PC gaming I know the price of games are cheap on the PC but I tried and wasn't feeling it. Also, I don't really get involved with going online when I play but yeah dealing with little kids & being called ? is why I don't buy/use headset when I go online. Arkham Origins was just a cash-in game after I beat it I was done I didn't even buy the DLC.

I guess as I've gotten older my taste in gaming has changed and it's not a lot of games I'm interested in buying though. Now if the they made games where new content can be continously added for games like GTA V online then that would be great. I think with reviews from gaming sites you're better off checking player reviews instead of critics reviews.

Re: red Dead

I just want them to announce the damn thing lol. I couldnt care less when it actually comes out

Re: PC gaming

Man, most of the games I bought are on other platforms so I'm able to use my 360 controller for about 95% of the games I own. Obviously there are going to be exceptions (the remaining 5%) that have too many button configs to use a controller and a mouse/kb setup is actually optimal. I own ARMA 3 and DAY Z and you can try to play those with a controller, but you will have a hard time deciding what buttons to map to the controller b/c you can do sooooooo many things in the game b/c there is a button for literally everything.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So glad I can return my games at full price. Never had this issue.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really need to convert over to the master computer race
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope - you bought it and if you don't like it it's your fault for some inexplicable reason

How the ? u doing that.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

How the ? u doing that.

Told yall my bro-n-law use to work at gamestop. Before he left he took a roll of them stickers they use on games that were used but sell them as new. He just slap it on and take it back up there for me. Full refund.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point I feel like the game industry is just like the movie and music industries where you either have these multimillion dollar AAA titles that focus on graphics/special effects/big names and just pay mad money for hype through reviewers or advertising but ultimately just aren't really good, or on the other end of the spectrum you have the indie releases that get undeserved critical acclaim just for being indie or weird or artsy but 9 times out of 10 they're really just boring and pretentious.

But at least with ? movies you don't pay 60 bucks for a ticket and 500 bucks to access the theater and then the movie still crashes halfway through or takes 45 seconds to load every new scene.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^
    Gahdamn cousin what has video games ever done to you lmao
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    At this point I feel like the game industry is just like the movie and music industries where you either have these multimillion dollar AAA titles that focus on graphics/special effects/big names and just pay mad money for hype through reviewers or advertising but ultimately just aren't really good, or on the other end of the spectrum you have the indie releases that get undeserved critical acclaim just for being indie or weird or artsy but 9 times out of 10 they're really just boring and pretentious.

But at least with ? movies you don't pay 60 bucks for a ticket and 500 bucks to access the theater and then the movie still crashes halfway through or takes 45 seconds to load every new scene.

relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc26EKhZNyM
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao that was the ? game i was thinking of when i went on that rant. ? that game and the manic depressive loser that wrote it.