When its all said and done Tom Brady will be the greatest QB of all-time..........

Comments

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's one of the best of All-Time, but he's not The G.O.A.T. QB
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Montana has never faced a defense anywhere near as good as the one's that Brady has faced in the big game.
  • 9TRAY
    ^^

Don't do this, Bruh. It's always gonna be a counter argument. Joe Montana never lost in the SB. Montana never passed for like 125 yards in a SB game like Brady did & won
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 5 Quarterbacks of all time

1. Tom Brady – Won Orangebowl in college. Led the Patriots to more division titles than any other quarterback in NFL history, with twelve. Brady won Super Bowl XLIX for his fourth Super Bowl victory, tying him with Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for most Super Bowl victories by a starting quarterback. He was named Super Bowl MVP for the third time, tying Montana's record for most Super Bowl MVP's. Superbowl record 4-2.

2. Joe Montana – Won Cotton bowl in college. 4 Superbowl Championships. 2,929 of 4,600 passes for 35,142 yards with 244 touchdowns and 123 interceptions. He also rushed for 1,676 yards and 20 touchdowns. Superbowl Record – 4-0.

3. Terry Bradshaw – 4 Superbowl championships. 27,989 career passing yards and 212 career passing touchdowns. 2,257 rushing yards and 32 rushing touchdowns. Superbowl record 4-0.

4. Troy Aikman - During his career he was a six-time Pro Bowl selection, led the team to three Super Bowl victories, and was the Super Bowl XXVII MVP. He ended his career as the Cowboys' all-time leading passer (32,942 yards). 90 of his 94 career wins were in the 1990s and were the most by any quarterback in any decade until Peyton Manning surpassed him in the 2000s with 115 wins. Presently, Aikman is third on that list, also trailing Tom Brady (97). Superbowl record 3-0

5. Doug Williams - Williams is best known for his remarkable performance in Super Bowl XXII. Williams, who was named the Super Bowl MVP, passed for a Super Bowl record 340 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception. He also became the first player in Super Bowl history to pass for four touchdowns in a single quarter, and four in a half. Williams was the first black starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl, and the only one until Russell Wilson won Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014. Superbowl record 1-0

• 9TRAY
    edited February 2015
    ^^

Where's Elway on that list? He's been to 5 Super Bowls & won 2
  • 5 Grand
    9TRAY wrote: »
    ^^

Where's Elway on that list? He's been to 5 Super Bowls & won 2

I picked Doug Williams. A lot of people don't know but he was the first Black quarterback to win a superbowl. After he won he wanted more money and they wouldn't pay him what he was worth, so he retired.
  • 9TRAY
    edited February 2015
    ^^

I know, Williams & Wilson the only 2 Black QB's to win a SB. Doug Williams, Grambling Legend.

If I was ranking SB QB's All-Time I'd have...

1. Montana
    2. Elway

Everybody else would fall in Iine after those two

Brady, Manning, Rodgers can't be considered the GOAT QB's yet, because they're still playing
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, Doug Williams?

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY wrote: »
    ^^

I know, Williams & Wilson the only 2 Black QB's to win a SB. Doug Williams, Grambling Legend.

If I was ranking SB QB's All-Time I'd have...

1. Montana
    2. Elway

Everybody else would fall in Iine after those two

Brady, Manning, Rodgers can't be considered the GOAT QB's yet, because they're still playing

Why is Elway no 2 when he is

2 - 5 ?

I got Elway as #2 All-Time , even though he got 3 SB L's on his record, he carried that team for years until Davis came along. If we're talking strictly talent for QB's, Elway might have been the best.

I don't have a Top 5 All-Time QB list yet, Brady is in there if I had one, Manning, Aikman, Bradshaw, Favre, Marino, Staubach, Unitas, Rodgers etc. are all or were great QB's. These GOAT lists in any sport is basically about preference

Brady got 4 Rings in 6 tries, when he retires I'll have him ahead of Elway, maybe even Montana if they go to more Super Bowls, or win more rings. Brady climbing that list though

• 5 Grand
    Don't forget, Tom Brady and the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season in 2007
    The Patriots finished the 2007 season by winning all sixteen of their games. They became only the fourth team in NFL history to complete a season in such a manner and first since the 1972 Miami Dolphins to accomplish the feat. The Patriots became the first team to do it since the NFL expanded its schedule to sixteen games in 1977 and thus broke the record for victories in a single season that had been shared by the 1984 San Francisco 49ers, the 1985 Chicago Bears, the 1998 Minnesota Vikings, and the 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers who each finished with fifteen victories against one defeat.

Tom Brady got; an Orange Bowl, 4 superbowl rings, 6 superbowl appearances, 1 undefeated regular season (2007).
  • 5 Grand
    R.D. wrote: »

He has a superbowl ring. There's not too many quarterbacks that can say that.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    At this point the only quarterbacks who can have an argument for the GOAT is Brady and Montana. To me it's not even close, it's Brady.

However, I personally don't think the best way to rate all time greatness in a team sport is individually. Tiered lists are better. Just like I would rank the 32 starting QBs in a tiered list, I'd rank the GOATs in a tiered list.

For example:

Tier 1 - (no order) Brady, Montana, P Manning, Elway
    Tier 2 - Romo
    Tier 3 - Marino, Young,
    Tier 4 - Favre, Bradshaw, Unitas

Im trollin with Romo but you get the point. Too early for Rodgers though he'll probably end up in the steve young tier
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

He has a superbowl ring. There's not too many quarterbacks that can say that.

So does Brad Johnson and Jeff Hostetler
  • 5 Grand
    coop9889 wrote: »
    At this point the only quarterbacks who can have an argument for the GOAT is Brady and Montana. To me it's not even close, it's Brady.

However, I personally don't think the best way to rate all time greatness in a team sport is individually. Tiered lists are better. Just like I would rank the 32 starting QBs in a tiered list, I'd rank the GOATs in a tiered list.

For example:

Tier 2 - Romo
    Tier 3 - Marino, Young,

Im trollin with Romo but you get the point. Too early for Rodgers though he'll probably end up in the steve young tier

Why is everybody rating Montana and Elway ahead of Bradshaw?

Why are people hating on Terry Bradshaw? He has 4 rings.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A David Tyree ? catch, a dropped Wes Welker pass he'll catch 99% of the time, a bug eyed Molly poppin below average reciever dropping a pass Vince Wilfork could of caught and walked in from Brady going 7-0
  • R.D.

For example:

Tier 2 - Romo
    Tier 3 - Marino, Young,

I truly come to think that's the only way you judge players who play in any team sports

There's always going to be a case for the next player as long as they playing at an high level under different circumstances
  • R.D.
    But wtf at Romo over Favre, Marino, Young, and Bradshaw
  • coop9889

For example:

Tier 2 - Romo
    Tier 3 - Marino, Young,

Cuz rings are not the end all be all.

And how am I hating on him, considering the 500+ Qbs to play in the history of the game look at how high he is on my list.
  • coop9889

Didnt read all of my post, clearly lol
  • R.D.

Didnt read all of my post, clearly lol

lol I didnt
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know i'm biased but Brady is in the discussion. I think i'd take Joe, Elway then Brady

Montana.jpg
  • 9TRAY

For example:

Tier 2 - Romo
    Tier 3 - Marino, Young,

steel curtain

Pretty much the same way Roethlisberger & Eli get left out of the conversation even though they both got 2 rings

IDK how I forgot about Steve Young
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh Montana never faced an elite defense in the Super Bowl. Not to mention the AFC was HISTORICALLY weak back then. Did the AFC even win a super bowl during Montana's time hell if I'm not mistaken it wasn't even close except against Cincinatti who weren't even above average that year.

Brady> bruh just give it up, eventually someone else will come along and take his spot but until then Brady is the GOAT.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its his destiny..........

@fortyacres&amule its over