Rating elite, good, average, bad players from all NFL teams. What they say about yall teams?

fightforolddc
fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cool drop by ESPN. I want to argue some of the players but every player is graded on every play he made this year. Hard to argue with experts breakin it down.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-team

They say Desean Jackson, Clay Matthews, Peyton Manning and Jamal Charles were average players this year. Redskins
had no elite players and only one good player (Kerrigan).

My thoughts
1. How is Alf bad? He's average at worst
2. I disagree with Breeland being "bad." Biggers, Amerson and Clark all deserved that bad ranking.
3. I'd have moved Cousins, Orakpo and Tyler Polumbus from average to bad. If RG3 was bad (he was), then Cousins was too.
4. DeSean definitely was good. Put up good numbers despite playing with absolute ? at QB.
5. I could see both Trent and Lichtenstiger as being good. They got the job done.

Comments

• fightforolddc
    Patrick Peterson - average
    Joe Haden - average
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alfred morris salary been 570k, next year its 650k. Man RB's get stiffed. He'll likely have 2 or 3 more years of good production and half his prime he wwould have been paid peanuts relatively speaking.
  • S2J
    Khlail Mack already listed as elite. Top 4-3 OLB ahead of Von Miller?? I gotta get up on him
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that ? is a good drop and pretty much sums up the niners season. They overrating Borland though just b/c he had a ton of tackles doesn't mean you are elite. He was a total liability in coverage. Things that either Willis or bowman would have shut down. Vernon Davis and Crabtree were pure garbage this season. and Kaepernick was all over the place.
  • fightforolddc
    ^
    It even says Borland shows liabilities but still call him elite. White LBS stay getting hyped (except Clay Matthews is called average and is a way better player than Borland).

Interesting that they say Stevie Johnson was good this year with 450 yards, but Crabtree was considered bad with 700. Film must be showin something.
  • fightforolddc
    Damn brah they called LeSean McCoy bad.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a pass rusher up the middle badly, this article is wrong.
  • S2J
    This whole ? is flawed bc they're rating individual seasons with words that have overall status connotations

You woudnt/shouldnt say a player had an 'elite' year, you'd say he is an elite player.

So how can borland be elite already. How is Greg Olsen elite after 7, 8 years of underachieving. Cmon
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    It even says Borland shows liabilities but still call him elite. White LBS stay getting hyped (except Clay Matthews is called average and is a way better player than Borland).

Interesting that they say Stevie Johnson was good this year with 450 yards, but Crabtree was considered bad with 700. Film must be showin something.

That makes sense b/c Johnson probably played 50% less snaps than Crabtree. All in all they both average wr's.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandon Graham elite? News to me...

And how the ? can Shady rush for more than 1,300 this year and still be called "BAD"? Nah. That's good...not elite, but good.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lewis was bad?

He was very good this year.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack...how are you going to question Romo being elite and then putting up elite numbers
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf this ? is wack
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Brandon Graham elite? News to me...

And how the ? can Shady rush for more than 1,300 this year and still be called "BAD"? Nah. That's good...not elite, but good.

Fletcher ? should of been there instead of Graham
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these ? said Tavon Austin was a bad player smh gtfoh...

also if these "super bowl contending teams" got all these good players why you only know no more than 5 nationally on the team..
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    that ? is a good drop and pretty much sums up the niners season. They overrating Borland though just b/c he had a ton of tackles doesn't mean you are elite. He was a total liability in coverage. Things that either Willis or bowman would have shut down. Vernon Davis and Crabtree were pure garbage this season. and Kaepernick was all over the place.

I think they meant solely for this seaso n....Boreland definitely helped keep the defense together once Willis went down but I agree he couldn't do ? in coverage
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry Donnell was rated a bad player..wtf dude was a undrafted free agent from Gramblimg St practice squad player and in his first chance of legit playing time posted solid numbers.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I don't need ESPN to tell me about my squad, I know who they are. I need ESPN to tell me If the Bears should draft that Safety from Alabama, Landon Collins, or that FS From Louisville who had 14 picks this year, with the seventh pick in the Draft