What are some good Image, Dark Horse and IDW comic?

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Something aside the typical superhero stuff??

Comments

• DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predator series (Dark Horse)
    Aliens series (Dark Horse)
    Any Star Wars series (Marvel is taking over Star Wars now but they had a good run on Dark Horse)

As for IDW:

Transformers
    GI Joe (way way better than you think, the Storm Shadow/Snakeyes ? is a MUST read)
    Shaft (not sure if it's IDW but I'll check -- and yes the same Shaft of the 70s)

Find a list of Dark Horse and IDW stuff and put them in the CTL thread.....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Haven't read Dark Horse in years. IDW has the greatest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comic book series of all time going on right now. If you like any version of the Turtles it's a must because it pretty much logically combines ALL versions of Turtles media into one while adding it's own twists.

As far as Image goes:

Saga
    The Fuse
    Thief of Thieves
    The Manhattan Projects

Saga is a brilliant space epic that has rightfully become one of the most popular comic books around today.

The Fuse is a dope murder mystery with a sci-fi twist.

Thief of Thieves is for fans of heist stories with compelling characters. It follows a master thief and his interactions with his crew, ex wife and the son who wanted to be a master thief just like him. Think of The Thomas Crown Affair or any of those Ocean's movies.

The Manhattan Projects is basically WWII and post-WWII world history retold through the demented imagination of Jonathan Hickman (known by more mainstream comic book fans for his still ongoing Marvel Comics work).

You might also want to check out some of Valiant Entertainment's books.
  • VIBE
    I've heard about Saga. Def interested
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Only one i really know is Saga and Spawn. Spawn has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and saw the movie. I bought the comics even when i hated the stories just to support the ? lol.

Al Simmons is coming back, or is back already. Might be a good time to check it out. Heard McFarland aint writing it anymore though.

That Manhattan Projects Broddie mentioned sounds cool. Never got to checking out Indie comics too much but i love how there aint hardly any ads in the pages.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Only one i really know is Saga and Spawn. Spawn has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and saw the movie. I bought the comics even when i hated the stories just to support the ? lol.

Al Simmons is coming back, or is back already. Might be a good time to check it out. Heard McFarland aint writing it anymore though.

That Manhattan Projects Broddie mentioned sounds cool. Never got to checking out Indie comics too much but i love how there aint hardly and ads in the pages.

Spawn is Image Comics ...IDW is a different company.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You calling me ? stupid?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But i know.
  • VIBE
    Is Rot & Ruin the same ? as WD?