Can We All Agree That Tom Brady >>> Peyton Manning?

1235»

Comments

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Peyton fanatics ready to cry in here let's close this, 40-3 Brady with the lopsided victory

This^^^
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    5 Grand wrote: »

Even if you compare Brady to Joe Montana you'd have to admit that Joe Montana choked in the playoffs more than Brady. In other words Joe Montana's teams lost before making it to the Superbowl. Brady has more Super Bowl appearances.

What?

Tom Brady is 21-8 and Montana is 16-7, take away two of the SB losses Brady is at 6 but he missed the whole entire playoffs in 02 finishing 9-7 the year after he won the SB. So he practically gagged the whole season away and missed the postseason. Montana has never missed the playoffs, even with awhole spinal disc injury in 86 he battled back from midway through the season to still finish 10-5-1.

Lets not leave out some stuff to tip the scale in somebody favor mkay.

21-8 >>> 16-7

Brady 21-8 = 72.4%

Montana 16-7 = 69.5%

4-0>>>>4-2

Montana 4-0 = 100%

Brady 4.2= 66.6%

playoff passer rating

Montana 95.6>>>> 89.0

TD% Montana 6.1%>>>> Brady 4.9%

Montana SB numbers 13 td's(he rushed for two td's aswell), 127.8 passer rating, and 0 int's>>>> Brady 13 td's, 95.3 passer rating, and 4 ints

Montana out performs Brady throughout his playoff career aswell as SB's

Montana was virtually perfect in the SB

Who would you rather have as your starting QB in the playoffs?

Joe Montana, but I won't give the wtf look if somebody would take Brady because he's up there

You realize he did go up against the 16th rank defense Bengals
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    The IC was gassin up peyton before the SB vs sea

@1of1 rolling in his grave right now i hope brock is ya qB next year
  • Max.
    Tom Brady
    _Lefty wrote: »
    So we gon act like brady doesn't have the greatest coach of all time behind him. You can't take nothin from Peyton Manning. He's essentially played without a great defense his entire career. He's an offensive coordinator that plays quarterback. I wouldn't put him above Brady, but ya'll in here blatantly disrespecting the dude. You have never seen nobody, ever, control the game at the line like he does. You take Brady off the Pats, Belichick can still get them to 11-5, you take manning off any team he's on you get the first pick in the next draft. I'm taking brady with 1 game to win between the two of them. But Peyton manning is one of the smartest, most incredible quarterbacks we will ever see.

Thats like saying jordan/kobe aint ? bcuz they had phil
  • Max.
    Tom Brady
    Another thing yall act like the colts didnt tank(smart thing)for luck the best QB prospect since elway
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Why is Manning overrated so much? Dude has one superbowl and in that year in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 7 ints. Has been a career choker all his life. Played in a weak division 98 percent of his career. Jags, Titans, Texans (expansion team) and when he is done padding stats on those weak teams he goes to the playoffs and plays real teams and has 10 one and dones? and a losing playoff record.....smh. He is not even top 10 of all time, he is a stat padder

Manning just left my top 10 after reading this post
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Why is Manning overrated so much? Dude has one superbowl and in that year in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 7 ints. Has been a career choker all his life. Played in a weak division 98 percent of his career. Jags, Titans, Texans (expansion team) and when he is done padding stats on those weak teams he goes to the playoffs and plays real teams and has 10 one and dones? and a losing playoff record.....smh. He is not even top 10 of all time, he is a stat padder

Manning just left my top 10 after reading this post

Lmaooo making your opinion invalid
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    Another thing yall act like the colts didnt tank(smart thing)for luck the best QB prospect since elway

If they were tanking I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have won 2 of their last 3 games of the season, especially with another 2-14 team and a 3-13 team in the league.

? are playing for their jobs.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

You realize he did go up against the 16th rank defense Bengals

In 81 and 88 they were ranked 12th and 15th, but they were in the top 7 in sacks/int's. Cininnati wasn't no mediocre team how some people like to perceive in the other Brady thread. They had the NFL mvp in both those seasons. One with Ken Anderson in 81 breaking the td record that was later shattered by Dan marino and their offense was ranked 3rd. Then with Boomer Esiason in 88 that led them with the #1 offense.

Why are you singling out one team? Lol

What about in 89 when Montana dropped 55 on Denver's Orange Crush defense? They were ranked #1 overall that year, not to mention the years in the playoffs going against the bears defense, vikings defense, redskins, and LT's Giants.

If your choice is Brady (you're a pats fan so I'm not surprised) then that's cool, he's in the discussion, I have no problem with it. To knock Montana teams though is ridiculous because Montana nfc division was brutal in the 80's and he beat the best QB's for that year. Ken Anderson (81 MVP, TD record), Dan Marino(84 MVP, TD record), Boomer Eiason(88 MVP), and John Elway.

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Tom brady should have six sb, but his defenses gave up plays. He ran his team down the field to take leads or tie in ever SB game. Fluke passes are the only reason we are having this convo. He has more playoff wins touchdowns and yards then anyone, among other stats.The fact hes even been in six SBs in a parity driven league should dead the argument.

Tyree catch was a fluke, but that Manningham one wasn't.

th?id=HN.608056125620224578&pid=15.1&P=0

Ain't nothing fluky about a qb dropping a dime over two defenders and Manningham securing the ball while keeping his feet in. That's textbook, they even work on that at the combine to scout who has better body control and concentration to make those type of plays.

Now that Wes welker drop? That's what help sealed Eli's 2nd superbowl.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Football a team sport And to judge a qb on wins and loses isn't a good barometer imo
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    So we gon act like brady doesn't have the greatest coach of all time behind him. You can't take nothin from Peyton Manning. He's essentially played without a great defense his entire career. He's an offensive coordinator that plays quarterback. I wouldn't put him above Brady, but ya'll in here blatantly disrespecting the dude. You have never seen nobody, ever, control the game at the line like he does. You take Brady off the Pats, Belichick can still get them to 11-5, you take manning off any team he's on you get the first pick in the next draft. I'm taking brady with 1 game to win between the two of them. But Peyton manning is one of the smartest, most incredible quarterbacks we will ever see.

Thats like saying jordan/kobe aint ? bcuz they had phil
    @max
    NFL is more of a coaches league than the NBA.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Football a team sport And to judge a qb on wins and loses isn't a good barometer imo

I've been thinking about this all week. I'd rather have Eli on my team over Peyton.

What's better; 1 Super Bowl championship or 2 Super Bowl championships?

Anybody who would rather have a QB with outstanding regular season stats and 1 Super Bowl over a QB with average regular season stats and 2 Super Bowls is an idiot.

In the end, what matters is how many super bowls you've won, not statistics.
  • R.D.

I've been thinking about this all week. I'd rather have Eli on my team over Peyton.

Anybody who would rather have a QB with outstanding regular season stats and 1 Super Bowl over a QB with average regular season stats and 2 Super Bowls is an idiot.

@Parallel you know what you need to do
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    R.D. wrote: »

All i see is facts in that post
  • R.D.
    blu197 wrote: »

Don't communicate with me
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Tom brady should have six sb, but his defenses gave up plays. He ran his team down the field to take leads or tie in ever SB game. Fluke passes are the only reason we are having this convo. He has more playoff wins touchdowns and yards then anyone, among other stats.The fact hes even been in six SBs in a parity driven league should dead the argument.

Crazy that we were one yard away from this post being scoffed at; as great as it was, that last drive would not have been remembered.

Brady's superbowl record could easily be 6-0 or 3-3. That brings up the question: how much flack should an all-time great QB receive if his defense does not secure the win?

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    blu197 wrote: »

Don't communicate with me

Lmaoo ur such a ?
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Yeah I was waiting till the votes hit 50 to close it. It is now 50-3 in favor of Brady.......I think we're done here.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

Even if you compare Brady to Joe Montana you'd have to admit that Joe Montana choked in the playoffs more than Brady. In other words Joe Montana's teams lost before making it to the Superbowl. Brady has more Super Bowl appearances.

What?

Tom Brady is 21-8 and Montana is 16-7, take away two of the SB losses Brady is at 6 but he missed the whole entire playoffs in 02 finishing 9-7 the year after he won the SB. So he practically gagged the whole season away and missed the postseason. Montana has never missed the playoffs, even with awhole spinal disc injury in 86 he battled back from midway through the season to still finish 10-5-1.

Lets not leave out some stuff to tip the scale in somebody favor mkay.

21-8 >>> 16-7

Brady 21-8 = 72.4%

Montana 16-7 = 69.5%

4-0>>>>4-2

Montana 4-0 = 100%

Brady 4.2= 66.6%

playoff passer rating

Montana 95.6>>>> 89.0

TD% Montana 6.1%>>>> Brady 4.9%

Montana SB numbers 13 td's(he rushed for two td's aswell), 127.8 passer rating, and 0 int's>>>> Brady 13 td's, 95.3 passer rating, and 4 ints

Montana out performs Brady throughout his playoff career aswell as SB's

Montana was virtually perfect in the SB

Dumb as ? . Trying to penalize a guy for making it to MORE Super Bowls than somebody else.
This discussion has been closed.