Why Is There Even a Question as to What Ancient Egyptians Looked Like?

Options
124»

Comments

• Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is Kemet is on the continent of Africa. But its a white country?
    Bruh

my personal opinion is that the reason Kemet is debated like that is because its where all the great thinkers, philosopher's, mathematicians and star gazers went to study. These things didnt come from Greece as western history says, rather Greeks "studied abroad" learning these things on the african continent. That could completely turn history on its head. Better to call Africans white and keep it moving I guess.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All lightskin ppl are white.- Janklow
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait he said that?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Bruh

my personal opinion is that the reason Kemet is debated like that is because its where all the great thinkers, philosopher's, mathematicians and star gazers went to study. These things didnt come from Greece as western history says, rather Greeks "studied abroad" learning these things on the african continent. That could completely turn history on its head. Better to call Africans white and keep it moving I guess.

Except DNA proves that they were African. Hell, there is a pharoah in the 3rd dnaaty who just looks like krs1 you can't get no African then that.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the way Egypt takes second fiddle to the ancient Greeks kind of hints at how they were a Black civillization. In school we learn soooooooo much about the Greeks. We study them in history, we study their mythology in literature. The Greeks borrowed heavily from the Egyptians though. And the Egyptians kind of laid the foundation from which the Greeks built. If the Egyptians were truly white I think they'd get way more attention.

The stance is like "yea those egyptians they were cool they did their little nile thing BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WHITE GREEKS THO????"
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    is THAT what i said?
    because it seems inaccurate but obviously you'd know better than me

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I think the way Egypt takes second fiddle to the ancient Greeks kind of hints at how they were a Black civillization. In school we learn soooooooo much about the Greeks. We study them in history, we study their mythology in literature. The Greeks borrowed heavily from the Egyptians though. And the Egyptians kind of laid the foundation from which the Greeks built. If the Egyptians were truly white I think they'd get way more attention.

The stance is like "yea those egyptians they were cool they did their little nile thing BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WHITE GREEKS THO????"

lol the best explanation yet
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh

its also on the mediterranean sea and the middle east tho.
    that "its in africa" logic is flawed because africa is huge and egypt is closer to italy for example than nigeria and south africa. and nobody said it was white.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    And yet they repelled them from their invansions. Plus the religion, pharoah, and traditions are rooted in the Sudan area, west African and most importantly the great lake area. A few things they did took from the mediterrean and fertile crescent area yeah but the root is African which has been researched and well documented.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ Agreed. If Ancient Egypt wasn't black at least in it's beginnings then why are all their Gods black? And what about those pyramids in the Sudan/Kush.