Do spirits exist?

13»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh... It's 2015

It could be 5120 mankind has not fundamentally changed and many of the questions our ancestors have we still have today.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I think spirit/mind is one in the same. Real question is what happens to it when we die? Does it die with the physical body or is it something beyond that. I need that answer. Nobody ? has it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXiF1MRvIE

Video made me think of this other guy on YT saying how in phones and computers is a quartz crystal and that is the reason how data and things are used or something to that effect and says there is in our brain also.. so how we transfer information, I'm assuming in death almost like "wirelessly" or through "wifi" our very essence, our being, is transferred or sent elsewhere like a packet of information, so it doesn't die with the dead brain and body.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I think spirit/mind is one in the same. Real question is what happens to it when we die? Does it die with the physical body or is it something beyond that. I need that answer. Nobody ? has it.

Video made me think of this other guy on YT saying how in phones and computers is a quartz crystal and that is the reason how data and things are used or something to that effect and says there is in our brain also.. so how we transfer information, I'm assuming in death almost like "wirelessly" or through "wifi" our very essence, our being, is transferred or sent elsewhere like a packet of information, so it doesn't die with the dead brain and body.

Thoughts are a form of energy, and we all know the mantra of energy. Where those forms of energy go or what other forms they are changed into we haven't a clue. Do all the various thoughts get dispursed throughout some ethereal place? Are they recycled in some collective unconscious? We know the machine(brain) that powered the 'mind' is disseminated, never to 'house' another thought again.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, for all we know energy CAN be destroyed we just haven't the capacity to know it at the moment. And maybe that's a good thing, cuz humans like the destroy ? .
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, for all we know energy CAN be destroyed we just haven't the capacity to know it at the moment. And maybe that's a good thing, cuz humans like the destroy ? .
    KLICHE wrote: »

Thoughts are a form of energy, and we all know the mantra of energy. Where those forms of energy go or what other forms they are changed into we haven't a clue. Do all the various thoughts get dispursed throughout some ethereal place? Are they recycled in some collective unconscious? We know the machine(brain) that powered the 'mind' is disseminated, never to 'house' another thought again.

Another interesting view. Not wrong, humans would try ? it right up if energy is able to be destroyed.

Lately I just keep thinking, what will happen, no matter what religious text I read or books on spirits etc etc And all I can come up with, is death I'll find out or I won't.