smp4life
smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BILLY CORGAN: 'IF KANYE GOT UP ON MY STAGE, I'D KNOCK HIM OUT'
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    "Corgan also encourage greater segregation between pop and rock stars: “Rock’n’roll will be fine. I just think it needs to be more aggressive in taking on pop music. Particularly in America there’s a very cosy relationship between rock stars and pop stars – and I don’t think that’s a good relationship. Everybody belongs on their own side of the street for a good reason."

He added: "By definition a rock star is supposed to be an independent individual who pursues a vision to an end – an Axl Rose, an Elton John. And a pop star is supposed to do whatever they can do to pray at some horrible idol of fame which is ubiquitous and fleeting. And that contradiction to me is why everyone should stay on their own side of the street.”

Real ? .

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    kinda agree stay in your lane
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "despite all my rage..."
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay in your lane = that ? need to stay in his place.

"By definition a rock star is supposed to be an independent individual who pursues a vision to an end – an Axl Rose, an Elton John.

That's Kanye to a T. Very few artists embody that sentiment, and Kanye is one of the few who does...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BILLY CORGAN: 'IF KANYE GOT UP ON MY STAGE, I'D KNOCK HIM OUT'
    latest?cb=20130130021117
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    Stay in your lane = that ? need to stay in his place.

"By definition a rock star is supposed to be an independent individual who pursues a vision to an end – an Axl Rose, an Elton John.

That's Kanye to a T. Very few artists embody that sentiment, and Kanye is one of the few who does...

His kanye comment and the pop comment are two separate sound bites from a lengthy interview.

The pop thing was not in response or in relation to kanye.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭