2»

Comments

• FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chuchk wrote: »
    lets not forget the Classic

On his classic collaboration with Mya

Back in 1998 my team was on top of the world. You couldn't tell us a damn thing. Every artist in the game was begging for a Silkk verse. I remember being hella giddy after recieving word from my manager that Mya wanted me to contribute to her album. I was giggling like a little Catholic school girl. You think I wasn't trying to knock that ? down?!? Case BEEN closed. They flew me out to Atlanta to record what's now known as "Moving On". Classic ? dawg. Her engineer was tripping on some ? though. Some Midget Molley lookin' ass ? . He kept talking bout' "your verse isn't matching up with the track". ? ! I'm Silkk the Shocker! I ain't off-beat, I'm just ahead of my time! We went back and forth for hours, until dude just got fed up and dropped the issue. Come to find out, that engineer was actually Jermain Dupri! What's ? up is that Mya's high yellow ass didn't even show up to the studio session!!! I heard she wasn't feeling the kid like that, and Interscope forced her into the collaboration. That's why I had to sit in the back of the class in the video.

On "You Know What We Bout" with Jay-Z and Master P

It was a big moment for hip-hop, at least that's what my brother told me. This was back before i was really hip to Jay-Z, but Percy swore he was dope. I wasn't really impressed to be honest. I asked around and one of my homeboys said that Jay had been rapping for a while, and he couldn't get even get signed at initially. At that point I knew I was gonna smash him on this joint. ? , I been signed since i was sixteen years old! My team was releasing 3 albums every month! I wasn't intimidated by this clown. So jay comes in and does his verse in one take, so i was like ? it, I'll knock mine out in one take too. Jay knew better than to try that fast rapping ? around me though. I was the wildest, craziest, fastest rapper in the south. I wanted to one-up him, so I decided to record my verse without the headphones on. Craig B was like, "how will you stay on beat if you don't listen on the headphones?!?"

He didn't actually say that stuff did he? Like this is a joke right?

RIGHT! ? in here talking like this is real. I refuse to believe this is a true transcript.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Silkk's flow has immensely improved.
    And it only 16 years
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many quotabkes do you hear
    Silkk The Shocker - Women Lie Men Lie: http://youtu.be/AKwHK18T7vY
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha I used to like Slik and the No Limit movement back in the day... Always got respect for the label and their hustle... The movie 'Gang Law' with him, Snoop and P was a hood classic to...

ganglaw.jpg

I thought that movie was called "Hot Boyz"...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B.D.P. wrote: »
    Haha I used to like Slik and the No Limit movement back in the day... Always got respect for the label and their hustle... The movie 'Gang Law' with him, Snoop and P was a hood classic to...

ganglaw.jpg

Must of had a name change in England or Europe???
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude on the hook is better than drake
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember these brothers got to fighting over Charge It 2 da Game, and I remember thinking, "Y'all fight over this wack-ass tape?" Man that No Limit craze during the mid to late 90s had us buying some straight babbage.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I be woke but I be sleep.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I remember these brothers got to fighting over Charge It 2 da Game, and I remember thinking, "Y'all fight over this wack-ass tape?" Man that No Limit craze during the mid to late 90s had us buying some straight babbage.

Lol right. I bought that Made Man. I swear sometimes I wish I could go back in time and slap tha ? outta myself smh
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After going through this thread slikk needs his own official quotables thread for himself....
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    There's so many quotables from that jay z story its unbelievable

That ? cant be real right??? Right?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I be woke but I be sleep.

Thats one of the funniest verses in history lmao dude made absolutely 0 sense
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Back in 1998 my team was on top of the world. You couldn't tell us a damn thing. Every artist in the game was begging for a Silkk verse. I remember being hella giddy after recieving word from my manager that Mya wanted me to contribute to her album. I was giggling like a little Catholic school girl. You think I wasn't trying to knock that ? down?!? Case BEEN closed. They flew me out to Atlanta to record what's now known as "Moving On". Classic ? dawg. Her engineer was tripping on some ? though. Some Midget Molley lookin' ass ? . He kept talking bout' "your verse isn't matching up with the track". ? ! I'm Silkk the Shocker! I ain't off-beat, I'm just ahead of my time! We went back and forth for hours, until dude just got fed up and dropped the issue. Come to find out, that engineer was actually Jermain Dupri! What's ? up is that Mya's high yellow ass didn't even show up to the studio session!!! I heard she wasn't feeling the kid like that, and Interscope forced her into the collaboration. That's why I had to sit in the back of the class in the video.

It was a big moment for hip-hop, at least that's what my brother told me. This was back before i was really hip to Jay-Z, but Percy swore he was dope. I wasn't really impressed to be honest. I asked around and one of my homeboys said that Jay had been rapping for a while, and he couldn't get even get signed at initially. At that point I knew I was gonna smash him on this joint. ? , I been signed since i was sixteen years old! My team was releasing 3 albums every month! I wasn't intimidated by this clown. So jay comes in and does his verse in one take, so i was like ? it, I'll knock mine out in one take too. Jay knew better than to try that fast rapping ? around me though. I was the wildest, craziest, fastest rapper in the south. I wanted to one-up him, so I decided to record my verse without the headphones on. Craig B was like, "how will you stay on beat if you don't listen on the headphones?!?"

Hold the ? up this can't be true I almost had an asthma attack walking in Walmart
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

? charge it 2 da game my ? , I'm a soldier and just be straight with me still get play In the whip
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

Hold the ? up this can't be true I almost had an asthma attack walking in Walmart

WOW.
    Silk is the only ? to evwr pull off the off beat sttle successfully.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    http://youtu.be/RixtuLNat3U
    Congratulations...she on rocks.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    How many quotabkes do you hear
    Silkk The Shocker - Women Lie Men Lie: http://youtu.be/AKwHK18T7vY

My ? ears

Good ? this ? raps like he got fire crackers in his mouth
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ganglaw.jpg

wtf that movie is called hot boyz not gang law

guess thats a foreign edit
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silkk The Shocker - C.O.L.O.R.S. (HD) video: http://youtu.be/KecAgDX7ONo
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Options

ganglaw.jpg

? i guess so, u had me trippin for a sec tho im like hold up he must got the directors cut or sumn, I never seen that version before lol
  • water ur seeds
    Options

ganglaw.jpg

? i guess so, u had me trippin for a sec tho im like hold up he must got the directors cut or sumn, I never seen that version before lol

Haha maybe they changed it due to the fact people outside of Europe would probably think it was some ? schitt not knowing the meaning behind 'Hot Boyz' haha
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Options

ganglaw.jpg

Haha maybe they changed it due to the fact people outside of Europe would probably think it was some ? schitt not knowing the meaning behind 'Hot Boyz' haha

yea P prolly knew they not up on the slang like that and switched it up overseas for marketing purposes...
  • water ur seeds
    Options

ganglaw.jpg

yea P prolly knew they not up on the slang like that and switched it up overseas for marketing purposes...

Im from England and know all the slang and schitt, but people walking past the movie rack seeing wouldnt be lol I think I still have the VHS somewhere...