Fellas: Are we TOO HARD on Single Mothers?

Options
12346»

Comments

• sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well congratulations on your parents 30+ years of marriage. But this is the real world. Welcome to it.

Couples break up, spouses die, people have kids out of wedlock. The divorce rate in the country is at about 50%. Some kids are going to grow up in single parent homes.

How about going hard on women who have multiple abortions? Going hard on women who ? their children or that give them up for adoption?

Its a bit harder to do that, because they are more difficult to spot since their kids arent with them.

Single black mothers are not why America is considered a mockery. Our ignorance of other cultures, insourmountable debt, false sense of entitlement, and hypocritical foreign policies are.

You come off as a sheltered black kid trapped in a white kids body trapped in a Disney movie.

Just like a ? , labeling others because they defy your realm of knowlegde/understanding. Of course America has many issues, but with a lot of the issues you just mentioned,they are just contributing to the downfall of morality in America. Single motherhood, abortions, and most importantly ignorance are a few of the problems that have been allowed to mount because America worships ? ....

America is a feminist society where women want equality when it suits them. They get to play victim when they want and men are constantly berated.....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the iggest problem with marriages is that the genreeal opinion of ppl today that marriages ARENT forever... ppl view marriages as temporary, and feel like there's a posibility that they won't work out, even while they walking down the isle...

no one takes that ? seriously no more.. they don't go into marriages expecting to be together till death, they go ingot that ? like

"o ? .. might as well"

if ppl really beleived in that ? ....pre-nups wouldn't even be a hot topic... ppl plan for that ? to fail so much that marriage is actually almost looked down upon...

just look at this board...

i think it's safe to say over 75% of the ppl who post on here are anit marriage....

i mean..serisouly is there really that much of a mystery to why the ? don't work out when the world thinks like that?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    the iggest problem with marriages is that the genreeal opinion of ppl today that marriages ARENT forever... ppl view marriages as temporary, and feel like there's a posibility that they won't work out, even while they walking down the isle...

no one takes that ? seriously no more.. they don't go into marriages expecting to be together till death, they go ingot that ? like
    "o ? .. might as well"

if ppl really beleived in that ? ....pre-nups wouldn't even be a hot topic... ppl plan for that ? to fail so much that marriage is actually almost looked down upon...

just look at this board...

i think it's safe to say over 75% of the ppl who post on here are anit marriage....

i mean..serisouly is there really that much of a mystery to why the ? don't work out when the world thinks like that?

I agree and disagree

marriage damn sure ain't what it used to be to this new generation

but I think a lot of people hold on to old fashioned ideals and don't translate them into reality now

truth is there is more out there than back in the day........there is a tradeoff and opportunity costs for a lot of things concerning marriage

women's rights and them taking over the workplace is ? up what used to be a balance

plus the issues of our community are coming home to roost

half the mofos talmbout they are against marriage are followers who never been married themselves, aren't marriage material, or got married for the wrong reasons and it didn't work out so they are anti-marriage SMH

there are just so many issues that don't get addressed, that is the reason why the institution has broken down
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know society's backwards when single mothers are "heroes".....

It takes a true man to claim his children and be part of their lives...you don't gotta get along with your wife, baby momma, ex-jumpoff etc but if you can't claim your seed and be a man then your a coward.
  • texican11
    texican11 Members Posts: 447
    edited March 2010
    Options
    look, Bottom line...
    If you are a dude without kids and you are willing to put on the cape
    For some ? who ? up
    Than you deserve your L and everything that comes with it...
    (The little bastard talking ? to you/ The BabyDaddy wilding out on you/
    and getting clown by everyone)
  • Heart Of A Hustler
    Heart Of A Hustler Members Posts: 151
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It takes a true man to claim his children and be part of their lives...you don't gotta get along with your wife, baby momma, ex-jumpoff etc but if you can't claim your seed and be a man then your a coward.

? we talking bout taking care of another ? kid
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? we talking bout taking care of another ? kid

Who made this post?
  • Heart Of A Hustler
    Heart Of A Hustler Members Posts: 151
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It takes a true man to claim his children and be part of their lives...you don't gotta get along with your wife, baby momma, ex-jumpoff etc but if you can't claim your seed and be a man then your a coward.[/QUOTE]
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    texican11 wrote: »
    look, Bottom line...
    If you are a dude without kids and you are willing to put on the cape
    For some ? who ? up
    Than you deserve your L and everything that comes with it...
    (The little bastard talking ? to you/ The BabyDaddy wilding out on you/
    and getting clown by everyone)

Lol that's the truth and I don't wanna be one of those dudes.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    smh @ me startin this thread and not even readin it
  • fdouglass
    fdouglass Members Posts: 548
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We should give the single mothers a break.lol
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yo y u keep bumping these threads?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yo y u keep bumping these threads?

Because the message should be clear, a woman with kids is nothing but problems for a man without kids. Why is it so hard for most women to understand that the hard working responsible man doesn't want to spend his hard earned money on another man's kid? Especially if the kids dad is the lord of the losers.............................................
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol sdraw is funny...you be railing on single mothers like a puritan preacher.
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Because the message should be clear, a woman with kids is nothing but problems for a man without kids. Why is it so hard for most women to understand that the hard working responsible man doesn't want to spend his hard earned money on another man's kid? Especially if the kids dad is the lord of the losers.............................................

not 100% true...

bad judegement in character leads to a bad relationship regardless if they got kids or not

ppl just need to be more cautious of who they date...

just cuz a chick has kids doens't mean it's a deal breaker.. how she raises her kids, and what kind of person she is more of a determining factor
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    not 100% true...

bad judegement in character leads to a bad relationship regardless if they got kids or not

ppl just need to be more cautious of who they date...

just cuz a chick has kids doens't mean it's a deal breaker.. how she raises her kids, and what kind of person she is more of a determining factor

and if the baby father is dead and buried under a jail if alive... ill never say never.. but i doubt i ever be on some brady bunch ?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    not 100% true...

ppl just need to be more cautious of who they date...just cuz a chick has kids doens't mean it's a deal breaker.. how she raises her kids, and what kind of person she is more of a determining factor

That's the whole message: Better people make better choices. People(male and female), have to realize the depth of choice. Example, if you choose to be lazy, and sit around the crib all day, you can't be mad when the world go's on without you. If you don't market your ideas, you can't get mad when people roll with the ideas already in place. If you wife the town ? , you can't be mad when she ? the whole town, whether behind your back or in front of your face, because she is doing what ? do, and women can't be mad when a no good dude does what a no good dude does. The problem is most women suffer from Peter Pan syndrome: They never want to grow up, but they want to be called an "adult." They want responsibility, but don't want to accept the task/consequences that come with the choices of responsibility...................................................
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea, but my whole argument is more ppl are guilty of that ? than just the addressed group, that ? is wide spread, they're just represent a percenatage
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    * insert random Tupac verse, not one of the freaky ? verses but one of the strong black woman verses..............pick one you like*
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this topic is a sensitive one......

my mom was a single mother majority of my life because she was a hot tempered angry black woman and thats the truth but thats still my moms and i respect single mothers to a certain degree because of her

but on the other hand these lil hoes these days are a different breed...me wifing a chick with multiple kids aint gonna happen ? my ex has no kids and i can always go back to her if all else fails
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how could we be hard on single mothers when women are harder on nice guys

single mothers still get dicked down

good men get the 3rd degree
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this topic is a sensitive one......

my mom was a single mother majority of my life because she was a hot tempered angry black woman and thats the truth but thats still my moms and i respect single mothers to a certain degree because of her

but on the other hand these lil hoes these days are a different breed...me wifing a chick with multiple kids aint gonna happen ? my ex has no kids and i can always go back to her if all else fails

why u think she was like that
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how could we be hard on single mothers when women are harder on nice guys

single mothers still get dicked down

good men get the 3rd degree

Co-sign bruh. I don't know why a lot of folks on the IC trip out that men have these attitudes towards chicks with kids. A majority of men feel like this..... ....................................................
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options
    there's such a difference between good uys vs pushovers...

didn't u just tell a story earlier about a good guy u know who's happily married now??