Kid Rock Doesn't Like Beyonce, Says She Has No Timeless Music

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
On Beyonce’s body just not doing much for him:
“Beyoncé, to me, doesn’t have a fu*king ‘Purple Rain,’ but she’s the biggest thing on Earth. How can you be that big without at least one ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ or ‘Old Time Rock & Roll’? People are like, ‘Beyoncé’s hot. Got a nice fu*king ass.’ I’m like, ‘Cool, I like skinny white chicks with ? .’ Doesn’t really fu*king do much for me.”

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    "Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit soft" - Nasir
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Crazy in Love will forever rock a party.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this coming from the guy whose best lyrics were "I dont like small cars or real big women but somehow i always find myself in them."

and didnt he perform with jay at a BET award a few years back?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    meh Pamela been fell off
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo artist I agree

But destiny's child has some classics imo
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bee hive swarming

original.jpg
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you be that big without at least one ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ or ‘Old Time Rock & Roll’?

LOL! @ him mentioning this racist ass song. But I don't take Kid Rock serious. This dude went from a Detroit rapper to a fake, Confederate-Flag-waving, southern redneck.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with him tbh
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamezpog wrote: »
    Crazy in Love will forever rock a party.

no one gives a ? . we're discussing timeless music
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people with 3 first names are usually serial killers
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. Beyonce has the best haters. Hate must be like fuel for her.

#jelly

You have to be delusional to think Destinys Child/Beyonce's music wont still be around 20+ years from now.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyonce might be around 20 years from now. That doesn't mean anyone will care about the music she made five years ago at that point.

He didn't say she won't be able to entertain for a long time to come. He said she doesn't make timeless music. From what I've seen that's true. All these songs she tears the airwaves up with are pretty much dead five years after they drop no matter how popular they were when they were originally dropped.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    expect a slight jab from jay in the future "Kid throwin Rock at the throne" type ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt the same way.

Like where's her Thriller or What's Going On?

To her credit today's music isn't on the level of pure inspiration and power as it was when those albums were done but still.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyonce might be around 20 years from now. That doesn't mean anyone will care about the music she made five years ago at that point.

He didn't say she won't be able to entertain for a long time to come. He said she doesn't make timeless music. From what I've seen that's true. All these songs she tears the airwaves up with are pretty much dead five years after they drop no matter how popular they were when they were originally dropped.

artists have their core fan base whose music might be timeless to them. that's all that matters. If you're not feeling their music of course it's not timeless to you, but you're not a fan so it doesn't make a difference. if Beyoncé is still touring and selling out shows all over the world 20 years from now because of music she made from 2003-2014, that "her music isn't timeless" argument sounds silly. it's timeless to someone

and it's not like making timeless music isn't a necessity for artists. it's like the whole classic argument in hip hop. rappers get looked down upon for not releasing classics. like good music isn't good enough anymore
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyonce gets so much hate its ridiculous
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

artists have their core fan base whose music might be timeless to them. that's all that matters. If you're not feeling their music of course it's not timeless to you, but you're not a fan so it doesn't make a difference. if Beyoncé is still touring and selling out shows all over the world 20 years from now because of music she made from 2003-2014, that "her music isn't timeless" argument sounds silly. it's timeless to someone

and it's not like making timeless music isn't a necessity for artists. it's like the whole classic argument in hip hop. rappers get looked down upon for not releasing classics. like good music isn't good enough anymore

Again, no one is saying that Beyonce isn't a great entertainer. He's saying she doesn't make great music. Her being around for another 20 years is a testament to her as an entertainer. It still doesn't mean she makes good music. To Kid Rock's point. People who make truly good music have at least one song that never dies. Beyonce doesn't really have anything like that. Her music just doesn't have that kinda longevity even to a lot of her core fans. I know a lt of Beyonce fans that pretty much forget about her old albums as soon as a new one comes out. That mean she makes music for the moment.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, no one is saying that Beyonce isn't a great entertainer. He's saying she doesn't make great music. Her being around for another 20 years is a testament to her as an entertainer. It still doesn't mean she makes good music. To Kid Rock's point. People who make truly good music have at least one song that never dies. Beyonce doesn't really have anything like that. Her music just doesn't have that kinda longevity even to a lot of her core fans. I know a lt of Beyonce fans that pretty much forget about her old albums as soon as a new one comes out. That mean she makes music for the moment.

I guess becuz sisqco has a "timeless" song thAt makes him a legend or something... I mean i couldnt tell u one Barbara Streisand song but that old ? status isnt questioned... Same goes for kenny g, garth Brooks or most of these crackas..but i bet their fan base has that one song that just stands out and is generally accepted as their goat song... Shiddddd i guess the black eye peas are the goat of all goats becuz they got like 10 songs off the top of most people's head that ? can sing word for word
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    bee hive swarming

original.jpg

just checked his IG... the Hive is still spamming as of this minute

they ridiculous
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyonce gets so much hate its ridiculous

She gets far more love than hate.