How is the military currently defending my freedom?

Options
124»

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »
    I mean.....how the ? is America keeping China in check, in ANY measure.
    beyond economic ties that prevent China from going hog-wild?
    you don't have to prevent China from doing every random thing they want to do to "keep them in check."
    the only place in danger of Russian takeover was Central and Western Europe. thats it. Korean War solved nothing.
    uh... this war literally stopped South Korea from being invaded and turned into an extension of a terrible Communist country?

And then what? South Korea, one nation out of 150+
    lol communism was going to fail by itself, we didn't need to screw up half the countries in the world

Communism was going to fail but the Russian were to strong we could take the chance. What did you want America to do wait and hope foh

not ? up half the third world with the cia and useless wars/interventions
    Since the defeat of the Soviet union the world has become more democratic and more developed had America not dealt with them more people of the world would have been in misery. Say what you want about it's flaws but the democratic capitalist system works and is currently the best system for humanity

not for everyone

They did not have a choice they could not just let russia swallow the whole world, not every one is going to live great or succeed in a capitalist system. not all nations are going to be as developed as the others but all are given the chance to fight, economically fight for it and the smart and crafty come out on top.

this is the real world stop being so naive

Russia was never going to take over the world
    How'd Southeast Asia go? The Domino theory has been proven wrong

Russia would have taken over the world or as much as they could have gotten. once again stop being naive back when russia was still just a monarchy it always had a policy of being as big as possible to provide defense and fall back points.

EVEN IF the domino theory was wrong the usa could not take that risk.

the only place in danger of Russian takeover was Central and Western Europe. thats it. Korean War solved nothing. Vietnam War solved nothing. CIA involvement in the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, and Latin America solved nothing. All it caused was blowback

You would be a horrible leader you want to hope and wait that your enemy does not take the whole ? cake. did you forget the cuban missile crisis when russia wanted to put nuclear weapons basically right off our coast that would have been able to hit us before we could fire back. You don't take those kinds of risks when you are good leader.

The cuban missile crisis had nothing to do with taking the initiative.

Tell me, you think Jamaica is better off because the cia got involved?

The Cuban missile crisis had everything to do with American taking the initiative as it served as an example of what an expanding Soviet union would do. If caused us to be even more afraid of communism and rightfully so.

As for Jamaica, let's put it this way my family and I are not pnp supporters.so yes long term Jamaica was better of even through the cia possible involvement in our political system caused a lot of troubles that we are still dealing with. what we have now is better than turning into another cuba.

My fam was also not PNP supporters and the deteriorating state of Jamaica was definitely partly because of the CIA , who feared another Cuba

Cuban Missile Crisis was not an example of taking initiative, it was a response to Soviet aggression and it differs from other Cold War examples because it was actually a direct threat against Americans unlike Vietnam, Korea, Angola etc.

Even places like Cuba never directly threatened the United States, they only became close to the Soviet Union because of the US cutting economic relations with them. IMO the US has wasted billions on wars and operations that weren't important/or a threat to the safety of Americans or American territory
  • thought crime
    thought crime Members Posts: 54
    Options
    you don't have to prevent China from doing every random thing they want to do to "keep them in check."
    the only place in danger of Russian takeover was Central and Western Europe. thats it. Korean War solved nothing.
    uh... this war literally stopped South Korea from being invaded and turned into an extension of a terrible Communist country?

lol communism was going to fail by itself, we didn't need to screw up half the countries in the world

Communism was going to fail but the Russian were to strong we could take the chance. What did you want America to do wait and hope foh

Since the defeat of the Soviet union the world has become more democratic and more developed had America not dealt with them more people of the world would have been in misery. Say what you want about it's flaws but the democratic capitalist system works and is currently the best system for humanity

not for everyone

They did not have a choice they could not just let russia swallow the whole world, not every one is going to live great or succeed in a capitalist system. not all nations are going to be as developed as the others but all are given the chance to fight, economically fight for it and the smart and crafty come out on top.

Russia would have taken over the world or as much as they could have gotten. once again stop being naive back when russia was still just a monarchy it always had a policy of being as big as possible to provide defense and fall back points.

the only place in danger of Russian takeover was Central and Western Europe. thats it. Korean War solved nothing. Vietnam War solved nothing. CIA involvement in the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, and Latin America solved nothing. All it caused was blowback

You would be a horrible leader you want to hope and wait that your enemy does not take the whole ? cake. did you forget the cuban missile crisis when russia wanted to put nuclear weapons basically right off our coast that would have been able to hit us before we could fire back. You don't take those kinds of risks when you are good leader.

The Cuban missile crisis had everything to do with American taking the initiative as it served as an example of what an expanding Soviet union would do. If caused us to be even more afraid of communism and rightfully so.

As for Jamaica, let's put it this way my family and I are not pnp supporters.so yes long term Jamaica was better of even through the cia possible involvement in our political system caused a lot of troubles that we are still dealing with. what we have now is better than turning into another cuba.

My fam was also not PNP supporters and the deteriorating state of Jamaica was definitely partly because of the CIA , who feared another Cuba

Cuban Missile Crisis was not an example of taking initiative, it was a response to Soviet aggression and it differs from other Cold War examples because it was actually a direct threat against Americans unlike Vietnam, Korea, Angola etc.

Even places like Cuba never directly threatened the United States, they only became close to the Soviet Union because of the US cutting economic relations with them. IMO the US has wasted billions on wars and operations that weren't important/or a threat to the safety of Americans or American territory

The reason America is always at war is that the United states has been taken over.

Do you know the number of dual Israeli citizens in us government?

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

not for everyone

I disagree with you And how do you define taking initiative. Waiting until there is a direct threat is a horrible idea. Good leadership anticipates threats before they happen. The USA did spend a lot during the cold war but it was not a waste that spending helped bankrupt the Soviet union as their inferior economic system could not keep up with our level of military spending.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    fine, but it remains a response to "Korean War solved nothing," since it basically did
    also, i have no idea if we're differentiating between "CIA involvement" and "American involvement" but hey
    The reason America is always at war is that the United states has been taken over.
    Do you know the number of dual Israeli citizens in us government?
    just cut to complaining about JEWS because everyone knows that's where you're going in your question to ruin more threads
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Korea wasnt ? until the 80s and cia involvement falls under american involvement. You got your little point but my statements still stand
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Korea wasnt ? until the 80s and cia involvement falls under american involvement.
    pre-1980s South Korea is still, you know, South Korea not being placed under Communist ?