San Fran Pigs Investigated Over Texts: 'All N****** Must F****** Hang...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/san-francisco-police-racist-texts
San Francisco Cops Investigated Over Texts: 'All N****** Must F****** Hang'

Four police officers in San Francisco allegedly had text message conversations in which they used racist remarks, the San Francisco Chronicle reported on Monday.

According to the paper, the four officers involved in the conversations were identified by several anonymous sources as Michael Robinson, Noel Schwab, Rain Daugherty and Michael Celis. All of the officers have reportedly been with the San Francisco Police Department for more than a decade. Two of the police officers have been disciplined for their behavior in the past, the Chronicle reported.

The paper reported that the four officers were texting and receiving messages from former SFPD Sgt. Ian Furminger, who was recently convicted on federal corruption charges.

SFPD Chief Greg Suhr told the paper on Saturday that he would try to get the officers fired for the text conversations.

“It makes me sick to my stomach to even have these guys around,” Suhr told the paper.

The text messages were discovered in a filing, made in federal court on Friday, against Furminger. According to the Chronicle, the text messages contained racist and homophobic slurs and were used by the prosecution to show that Furminger was a "virulent" racist and homophobe.

The racist texts reportedly referred to black people with the terms "monkey" and "animal" and used the n-word. According to the paper, officers texted "? " to Furminger and in one text one of the officers wrote "All n-- must f-- hang."

Another text said: "Cross burning relieves blood pressure! I did the test myself!"

While still another read: "I am leaving it like it is, painting KKK on the sides and calling it a day."

In the texts, the term "half-breeds" was also used to describe black people and one of the officers reportedly wrote that they were "an abomination of nature."

Suhr told the Chronicle the FBI gave the SFPD the text messages last month and he immediately reassigned the officers to positions with no public contact. According to the paper, Suhr hoped to conclude the investigation within 30 days.

I'm sure the "good" are really upset about this and don't condone this type of behavior...

Comments