Study: lighter-skinned black and Hispanic people look smarter to white people

124»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    WHAT FAULTY logic??? all i have been saying and will keep saying is that race mixing creates problems

All light skin people don't come from race mixing

No one is saying but the majority of them are mixed and there is nothing wrong with that

You probably think the Egyptians or East African are Sub Saharan Negros.

Better yet, do you think Creole people are black? Do you guys still go by the one-drop rule? Lmao.

Nope
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean people's approval of others reflects how closely those people look like them? You don't say.

Yea

So this is all about familiarity

We naturally assume people who look different than us are not as smart and/or criminal

Our enviorment, the media plays no role in exacerbating these fears, shaping our views of others

It's just the ways things have always been, right?

I'm being sarcastic by the way

Doesn't quite explain why even blks have been shown to have a subconscious bias against darker skinned blks

Or, to a lesser extent, why subjects recall a blk person with whom they shared a positive experience with being lighter than what they actually were

im not sure why you're befuddled on colorism because it all stems from slavery and the access to whiteness & it's many privileges/benefits.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wants to end this?

Who wants to say ? it and look the other way?

Ima need both groups to never get in contact with each other until both have found common ground.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Y'all get befuddled on every thread with the mention of race. We all need to conglomerate in peace.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really need an article to tell me what I already know, but for some reason confirmation does help comfort me in knowing what I see is for real and it is documented as fact over opinion. Good stuff. Sad thing is the brainwashing we also have on the light skin issue. Hispanics and Indians and the Asians have it too. It's tooooooooooooooooooooo deep. They all preferring light skin when it comes to their women. Makes me now feel guilty for dating a light skin sister......nah. Love for dark-skinned and light skin, but that light skin over dark skin thing is out of hand
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the people who keep talking about how bad race mixing is so bad, even if you have a point what you need to do is to talk about the main cause of race mixing: black women.

That is all.

What?

Noir wrote: »
    You mean people's approval of others reflects how closely those people look like them? You don't say.

Yea

So this is all about familiarity

We naturally assume people who look different than us are not as smart and/or criminal

Our enviorment, the media plays no role in exacerbating these fears, shaping our views of others

It's just the ways things have always been, right?

I'm being sarcastic by the way

Doesn't quite explain why even blks have been shown to have a subconscious bias against darker skinned blks

Or, to a lesser extent, why subjects recall a blk person with whom they shared a positive experience with being lighter than what they actually were

im not sure why you're befuddled on colorism because it all stems from slavery and the access to whiteness & it's many privileges/benefits.

Colorism was around before slavery

But yea your right in regards to the colorism and light skinned privedge we see today in America and many other countries, it all stems from slavery

I was being sarcastic

Tryna troll @The Lonious Monk lol