NASA: California Has One Year of Water Left

2»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Great article Darth.....I waste a lot of water on long showers and other things, but I'll try to do the Earth a service and save a little more from now on
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was really interesting. we take so much for granted. In the west, when we want water. Here it is:

filtered-refrigerator-water-400.jpg

In India, where water is NOT safe. This is how you get your water. Imagine you or your spouse daily going out to fill buckets of water for bathing, drinking and cooking?

data?pid=avimage&iid=iXOWoDsAm7Zw

In places where water is NOT adbundant and neither is motorized transportation, women largely are tasked with daily trips to collect water and bring it home. This is so much of a daily grind, it prevents them from getting education or maybe doing a job to generate more income.

africa_water.jpg

hippo.png

• KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It is 90° degrees in LA today they broke a record high .

I work outdoors in weather that can hit 116degree fahrenheit often throughout summer.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cali will just take water from other states, this isn't even an issue.

And lol at the salty posters in here jealous of Cali. While your'e freezing, we're dipping to the beach in the middle of the winter. Ugly women out here would be considered dimes in your part of the country. We get an earthquake every 30 years or so, but you guys deal with hurricanes, tornado, super-storms every damn year.

Cali > everywhere else
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

And lol at the salty posters in here jealous of Cali. While your'e freezing, we're dipping to the beach in the middle of the winter. Ugly women out here would be considered dimes in your part of the country. We get an earthquake every 30 years or so, but you guys deal with hurricanes, tornado, super-storms every damn year.

Cali > everywhere else

I don't hate Cali (I'm a Laker fan) but you buggin if you gonna say Cali > everywhere else

I'm assuming you joking though so whatever. With the high ass poverty and homeless population in Cali and with Black/Nubian people leaving Cali in droves, you must be joking lol
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    good to see California's attitude is "continue to be ultra-? and hope everything works out"