Wale: "I want some respect."

Weazel
Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
Billboard: Wale

"I want people to be like, 'your album's just as
good as Kendrick [Lamar]'s or Esperanza Spalding
or Beck, '"Wale says. I work just as hard as them."

I didn't wanted to read, or even see that whole interview. What a crybaby.
Maybe if he wasn't such a crybaby, and stopped his constantly complaining
People (maybe) would gave him some more respect, he apparently desperately need it.

What's your opinion on this guy?
Does a rappers image, influence your opinion about his work?
Imo sometimes it does, just came to find out, Im tired of this dude.

So give him some respect.
I already lost mine..

wale.jpg
smh

Comments

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I don't understand the Wale hate.

Yeah, I had the same problem.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

yea he just puts his foot in his mouth sometimes....like this thread will have more folks than the album thread b/c of the head line and the fact that this the type of ? he's known for.

it seems like he just constantly feeds the trolls but i guess the ? just can't help himself b/c he's a over sensitive ?

You nailed it..
    I used to cop all Wale music,
    it seem like ever since they start putting a mic in his face, (interviews)
    all he ever does is ? and complain..

Then when I seen how he acted in the Nardwuar interview, I was done..
    How you gon' act tough towards Nardwuar ??
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh I wanna get into his music but he is a very rare case of artists (Even worse then Kanye) that personality and character turns me off from his music.

Let's say if I did get emotional or got some great connection to an artist work, I don't wanna hear the artist after telling me, " yes bruh, I told you, my music is your savior, like duh you should get emontial over it. I worked on it. I already expected you too since I'm so great. Thanks Lol" like what kind of ? is that?

Those artists are worse then materialism braggers rappers because the ones who do speak on "real ? " has to know that the connection to listener and their "real fans" matters the most. So when you come of like a cornball and you speak real ? in your music, you box yourself in because ? don't wanna hear no "I know it all, I told y'all" as artist that's gonna give them the real.

He has to humble his self or target a different crowd. Maybe his personality mesh better with the materialism braggers.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All he do is poetically wine on beats.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »

yea he just puts his foot in his mouth sometimes....like this thread will have more folks than the album thread b/c of the head line and the fact that this the type of ? he's known for.

it seems like he just constantly feeds the trolls but i guess the ? just can't help himself b/c he's a over sensitive ?

You nailed it..

Lol frfr ? personality pushes you away from his music. Like why should I support this annoying ass dude? You know he in the studio fapping to how amazing his last line is and telling the producers, " aye my ? , you heard what I just said??? U heard that? " Smh dude is just corny to me man. He has soooo much talent but he gets in his own way. It seems like he is extremely hard headed, and no one can tell him ? to better himself. Can't support or be around people like that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep working on your crafts my brother and one day you might get it
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale makes dope music... not as dope as his contemporaries, but I have no complaints about it. But damn, is this mufucka's whole genetic makeup sponsored by Kotex? Only girls going thru their first period complain more than this ? .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be the African in him
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. Without watching the video and potentially missing some context, that quote is enough reason to dislike him. People worthy of respect don't sit down and demand they get it, they do ? that commands it. If he wants to be respected like those people he named, he can't just work as hard as them, he has to make a product just as good as theirs.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »

You nailed it..

yea i seen that i don't think it was acting tough but just kinda being sucker ? for no real reason

I mean you from the DMV so of course dude gonna pull out some go go albums to come at you with...we don't have any rap artists ? to pull out...i mean he want him to pull out a mya or tank album.....so I'm not sure what he was expecting

now I don't let his actions stop me from enjoying his music but you can't deny his bitchassness and how he's pushing off fans
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't make ppl like you or respect you or your craft/work is what someone should tell him...all you have to do is embrace the ppl that ? wit you and respect your craft/work...

He wants it so bad, (which isn't a bad thing) but he just needs to lay off of how many ppl he can get to respect his work and appreciate the ppl that actually ? with him...if it's only 10, put the energy in your work for those 10 and don't worry about the 20 million that overlook your ? ...more you talk about it, the more reason to give that 20 milli to overlook your ? and cast stones....but ? it..it's his life...

*bumps new album*
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he anymore ? than Lil Wayne kissing Baby. Or Drake giggling about how much he loves working with Wayne. Or (Drake )having a hissy fit about Kendrick mentioning his name in the Big Sean song. And let's not talk about Young Thug and all his loves. Point is hip-hop is ? . At least half the time. Wale can spit. Didn't hear his new album yet. Went to a show one time and French and him did a half of a half ass show. He was hopping around the stage doing the Kidd and Play like a corn ball. These new rappers are wierdos.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    You probably should quote the rest of that because out of context that quote is tucked up. He did also say he go no issue with people not liking his music he just prefers an actual explanation behind it.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Weazel wrote: »
    Billboard: Wale

"I want people to be like, 'your album's just as
    good as Kendrick [Lamar]'s or Esperanza Spalding
    or Beck, '"Wale says. I work just as hard as them."

smh

? I can work just as hard as LeBron, that doesn't mean I'm gonna ball like him. Plus I got no respect for whinny ass ? . Make the most of what you got and stop bein a ? about it.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭