Brooks Brothers Clothing

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Fashion Forward
So as the classic brand of the white businessman and conservative fashion, I'm not sure how much traction a thread like this is gonna get but here goes.

Let's discuss...

I really like a lot of what Brooks Brothers has to offer in the way of dress and casual clothes, with a few gripes.

The first gripe would be that everything runs too big. At the factory store near me, almost everything they sell is classic fit, and even the slim fits don't seem to be cut slim enough. This makes their dress shirts unappealing to me unless I'm gonna wear them open collar, since a the neckhole is too tight if I get a shirt that has a proper cut in the waist. I like some of their french cuff shirts, but I don't wear french cuffs without a tie, so that's pretty much out of the question.

Speaking of ties, though, they got some good ones. It's depressing how wack the tie selection is from most brands. They're all the same bland designs and all made of silk. Brooks brothers has some great cotton and wool ties with nice designs, though the only linen tie I've ever gotten by them was a vintage. They should make some new linen ties next season.

I got some short sleeve polos from them last weekend. Even though they were from the lower end "346" collection, the quality isn't bad at all for some casual wear. Again, though, the cut is absurd. I'm definitely not a small guy, but for the first time since my pre-teen years, I bought a polo shirt in a "small" size, cause everything runs so big from them. If there was an extra-small, I might have even fit into that pretty well.

I have a very nice pair of wool slacks from them, but I've lost weight since I got them, and need to have them taken in. I'm afraid the legs will still be way too wide after I have the waist adjusted though.

Anyone else have thoughts on Brooks Brothers?

Comments

• Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I wanna cop a navy blue blazer from them. You should get Purple Label Ralph Lauren then.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I love brooks brother

there really are good for putting the basics in your wardrobe

blazers, pants, suiting
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    their ties are better than any other in that price range.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Never say the appeal of that ? , only old white men wear that ? . Hugo Boss suits >
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    their ties are better than any other in that price range.

I bought a seersucker tie from them the other day. Gonna rock it to my cousin's wedding next weekend. My family gonna be mad I'll be the best dressed one there.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Never say the appeal of that ? , only old white men wear that ? . Hugo Boss suits >
    Hugo boss and calvin klein are men with skinny frames

not too many average guys can rocks those brands and look amazing
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    their ties are definitely nice. but i prefer banana r. for my suits. they have a size that fits me perfect.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Hugo boss and calvin klein are men with skinny frames

not too many average guys can rocks those brands and look amazing

I'm 200 lbs and i have no problem rocking them, i don't consider that small. I thought fat people wore those tacky Steve Harvey or Stacey Adams suits. lol

cruise.jpg
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That brooks brothers ? is nice, but they be taxin sometimes.... They got an outlett near me..
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I'm 200 lbs and i have no problem rocking them, i don't consider that small. I thought fat people wore those tacky Steve Harvey or Stacey Adams suits. lol

cruise.jpg

If anything that suit is a little too big for you. Maybe you're wearing a size too big? Cosign @ steve harvey and stacey adams being tacky.
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That brooks brothers ? is nice, but they be taxin sometimes.... They got an outlett near me..

You pay for quality man. I've had some ? from brooks brothers for years still lookin brand new back from the drycleaner every time.