game franchises doing too much?

2»

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COD, Halo, Ass Creed and most of Nintendo's games

I'd say Halo games are released at a decent rate.

6 Triple A games over 14 years.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    I never paid attention to the halos that aren't numbered so they are cool with me
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    every game that charges you $60 or better for a game
    then try to get another $15-60 to get the rest of the game,
    and call that ? downloadable content.

that ? is WACK

Capcom is notorious for doing this ^^^^ with Street Fighter but then again all fighting games are like this now.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure many of you don't play the franchise but Total War. I love the franchise, its what got me interested in ancient history. But the recent launch of Total War Rome 2 last September was atrocious. Elder Scrolls Online had a better launch and that ? was boring and buggy as all hell. Rome 2 had you pay $60 for the base game that didn't have half the features advertised then CA charged what amounted to $70-$120 worth of dlc with content that should have been in the game from the start. They gutted many of the loved features and released a game that was literately a beta that you had to pay for. While I am excited for the new game which is little more than an expansion pack for Rome, I can't help but be weary as ? from now on.

This DLC ? for content that should be in the base game needs to stop. I don't mind expansions that add completely new stuff in a game, but nickle and diming people for a beta version of the game has gotta stop
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetris n pac man ? them game up
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like all these shapes in tetris dawg
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of Nintendo's games

You got to be the first person ever to say Nintendo is doing too much. They usually get accused of the complete opposite.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with the R* one because like you said chop wasn't really needed he was in one story mission and it was mandatory...the patches were for the online aspect of the game which I think is ok because there's gamers dedicated to find glitches and holes to games...from my understanding the sp didn't have any problems while they kept evolving the online with patches/updates

i'm late with this but my major gripe is they didn't utilize chop enough. i wanted to be able to use him during random
    encounters but when you are with him they don't spawn. i didn't just want to free roam and have him randomly attack peds i wanted a reason to use him besides learning tricks and finding hidden items.