Pick a Popular IC Poster... Figure Out What's Wrong with them

Options
SunflowaSeeds
SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in AKA Donkey
So I visited this wasteland for the first time in a while last night and caught a recap of some of the recent fuckery. Got me to thinking of my time on this form and the people I met. Here's an idea:

Pick a popular poster and describe or guess what you think their affliction is. By popular I mean a poster who actively is involved in drama on the website, whether it's commenting on other posters drama or their own. Every popular poster has been involved in this stuff in some way shape or form. Let's be real, we all have something in common that's missing from our lives. I say "we" because I was one of them. There is a void that is needing to be filled for each of us. So choose a poster and you try to figure out why they felt the need to be attached to a forum of strangers.

I'll start with myself when I was posting wayyyy too often. Alcoholic, moved across the country and wasn't too happy about it. Instead of going to bars and getting into fights, and drama, or getting arrested... I posted on here and actively took part in and created mischief on the Internets.

Your turn :) it obviously doesn't have to be yourself, this can maybe be therapeutic for some users. I can think of many...

Comments

• SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn it late, goodnight. I'll up this before work tomorrow if it's ignored. I am intrigued by the answers.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi! How's it going?

I can't really contribute to the thread as I don't really know much about many posters anymore.

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting thread idea, but ? to expect people who don't know the intricacies of your life to be able to provide some desktop diagnosis.

I like the idea of evaluating yourself but folks ain't real enough for that, plus this is Donkey.

Congratulations on getting clean Sunflower.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Hi! How's it going?

I can't really contribute to the thread as I don't really know much about many posters anymore.

hi Karol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Hi! How's it going?

half of these "popular" posters always involved in drama were bullied in HS, trying to live a 2nd childhood.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread got turned into an AA's take home exercise.

Do a thorough moral inventory of yourselves and come back Tuesday ready to talk about it...mmmkay?

Did it help?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im real enough to self evaluate.

My issue is simple.

1. My self esteem is higher than average.

2. I am controlling because of my mother's controlling ways.

3. I am a ? because i would rather be a ? than a liar & I pride myself on being an honest person.

4. I don't bow down to men & wear the pants in my marriage because my mother was the breadwinner & my father was the stay at home daddy ( I love my daddy so much.. He never hit us... But my mom beat our ? )

Basically... I take after my mother and while growing up my parents told us over & over how we are all special and amazing young ladies and that we are worth more than all the money in the world.

Some dislike that I comeoff as a "better than you" type of person... But really I only see myself as extraordinary. I dont think that im better than anyone. Unless you are a ? or serial killer... Or pathological liar.

My insecurities? Well, I hate my big hands. I hate my non existent eyebrows (which run in the family). And I hate my uneven skin tone (which I am working on).

This is why I am me.
  • Kat
    Options
    You missed the point Khaleesi
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi! How's it going?

Lol @ the bolded
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is Donkey, nobody will take ? like this serious brah .
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this place is where some poster escape to feel accomplished, where ? with nothing to hate on accuse you of hating
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    I was actually popular in highschool.
    Varsity cheerleader and everyone knew my name. I went though all of highschcool without any major drama, fights or suspensions.

Elementary/middle school is a different story. I was mean and a bully.
    Twice made a boy voluntarily go inside a dumpster.

I learned to tone down my brutal honesty when I got to highschool and just sipped my tea.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    You missed the point Khaleesi

I totally just skimmed through the OP but wrote it off as a '"self evaluation" thread lol
  • Kat
    Options
    But why do you escape to the message board world?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    But why do you escape to the message board world?

I get bored easily.

Im not into social media like everyone else my age is, so what else is there?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    And I hate being outdoors.
    Im a homebody.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh great, they're being serious again
    4118674_o.gif