Kids React To Mortal Kombat (Genesis

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems unnatural that nobody chose liu kang or scorpion. Or that a fight didn't break out after dude did that freeze, uppercut ? through the whole match.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ? looks so basic now. i remember when kids where lined to put their quarters in the machine i bet these kids hardly ever seen an arcade gaming cabin. its crazy none of these kids ever played a genesis . i bet they never heard of it either. man time flew. they should have used the snes version. genesis had the blood but it looked and sounded like ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand. I can understand them never seeing the original MK before, but why are they acting like they don't understand the concept of a fighting game.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't get through the video, stopped after like 2 minutes. Yeah the system is old but have they never played a video game before or something?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand. I can understand them never seeing the original MK before, but why are they acting like they don't understand the concept of a fighting game.

Isn't the genre fairly niche? Kind of like RTS, it doesn't have the same appeal as the shooters or platform games
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

Isn't the genre fairly niche? Kind of like RTS, it doesn't have the same appeal as the shooters or platform games

That's kinda true, but MK is one of the more casual friendly games and it's well known enough to have spawned two movies and a live action TV series.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sam needs a dad. Too Feminine