Nickelodeon Acquires Mary-Kate And Ashley Olsen Content Library

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in AKA Donkey
Mary-Kate-Ashley-Nickelodeon-.jpg

Youth network acquires movies, TV, music specials from twin sisters’ Dualstar Entertainment

On the heels of Netflix’s “Full House” reboot announcement, Nickelodeon is getting into the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen business.

Viacom’s adolescent-friendly network has acquired a Birkin bag’s worth of film, TV and music content from the early era of the Olsen sisters, licensed through the twins’ lucrative company Dualstar.

Made-for-TV-features like 2001’s “Winning London” and 2002’s “When In Rome,” the animated series “Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action!” and and a greatest hits music compilation are among acquisitions that will debut on the network — across multiple screens — in the coming months.

“Mary-Kate and I are excited to announce our video library will be available to the Nickelodeon community,” Ashley Olsen said in a statement. “Nickelodeon has been at the forefront of kids entertainment for decades. We believe this is the perfect home for our library,” Mary-Kate Olsen added.

The content rollout begins April 27 with the premiere of the 2011 series “So Little Time.”

“We’re incredibly excited to bring the Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen’s video library to Nickelodeon,” said Keith Dawkins, SVP and General Manager of Nicktoons, TeenNick and Nick Jr. “The timeless content and style, relatable sibling dynamics and overall appeal of Mary-Kate and Ashley make this a great addition to Nick’s platforms.”

A new generation of fans will absorb classic Olsen fare, but a looming question is whether or not the twins will participate in Netflix’s planned “Full House” reunion, “Fuller House.” The update was revealed unexpectedly by series star John Stamos during a Monday visit to “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

“We just found out about it today. I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening,” Mary-Kate said during an interview Tuesday. “I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos].”

A full list of Nick’s Mary-Kate and Ashley bounty includes:

Series: The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley (10 episodes); You’re Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley’s (10 episodes); So Little Time (26 episodes); and Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action! (26 episodes).

TV movies: Mary‐Kate & Ashley’s Fashion Forward; Our Lips Are Sealed; Winning London; Holiday in the Sun; When in Rome; Getting There: Sweet 16 and Licensed to Drive; and The Challenge.

Music specials: Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen: Our Music Video and Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen: Our First Video.

“So Little Time” debuts air on Nickelodeon, Monday, April 27 at 7:30pm eastern and pacific.

Comments