The Official Jay-Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Thread (New Stand Up Comedy Series Added)

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    What makes yall think Tidal is gonna be able to compete with Spotify/Beats/Google? Nobody cares about that lossless ? . Lmao get over it. Can you at least admit they had a terrible marketing strategy and getting off to a bad start and the Twitter ? monologues ain't helping?? Can you acknowledge that it's gonna be extremely difficult to capture market share?? I hear yall talking about Samsung and Apple but yall do realize a lot more businesses fail than succeed?

Got a BA in business administration with concentration in accounting from a highly ranked institution and I'm going back for my MBA in fall in case you want to tell me I don't know ? .

well i already have my mba and quite frankly it's too soon to say.

maybe you are correct and the market is not big enough for tidal, spotify and beats or maybe you are wrong and tidal can become more profitable or edge out the rest. It's too soon to say when a company goes through certain management change you give it awhile before you judge
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So far all the calls that it is failing is based on its rankings on one platform (apple). That platform so happens to be a rival and is being accused of waging war against Tidal. Just saying.

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes yall think Tidal is gonna be able to compete with Spotify/Beats/Google? Nobody cares about that lossless ? . Lmao get over it. Can you at least admit they had a terrible marketing strategy and getting off to a bad start and the Twitter ? monologues ain't helping?? Can you acknowledge that it's gonna be extremely difficult to capture market share?? I hear yall talking about Samsung and Apple but yall do realize a lot more businesses fail than succeed?

Got a BA in business administration with concentration in accounting from a highly ranked institution and I'm going back for my MBA in fall in case you want to tell me I don't know ? .

Congrats, what school you doing in your MBA?

Appreciate it. Temple University

Yo buttuh happy for u but im like my ? nasir ? school
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    So far all the calls that it is failing is based on its rankings on one platform (apple). That platform so happens to be a rival and is being accused of waging war against Tidal. Just saying.

not just the apple app store rankings see the likes to dislikes in this promo video

in this land of jay and bey stanning its nearly impossible a video would get 5 times as many dislikes as they do likes. fan are clearly disgusted with the marketing and concept of Tidal. Public opinion to me is bigger to me than the apple ranking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYGdcLbFkw

comments from the video

"Where is the originality, creativity and emphasis on the craft? What's more important, improving the craft or improving how it sounds?"

"This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. A bunch of puppets acting like they know music and trying to convince one another that they're not as thick as a plank of wood! I'm still laughing. This has made my day :'D"

"Greed disguised as activism. Disgusting."

""Take a stand" AGAINST WHAT?"
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did Kanye leave?
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh....perfect example of the microwave generation that we live in now
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

not just the apple app store rankings see the likes to dislikes in this promo video

in this land of jay and bey stanning its nearly impossible a video would get 5 times as many dislikes as they do likes. fan are clearly disgusted with the marketing and concept of Tidal. Public opinion to me is bigger to me than the apple ranking.

comments from the video

"Where is the originality, creativity and emphasis on the craft? What's more important, improving the craft or improving how it sounds?"

"This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. A bunch of puppets acting like they know music and trying to convince one another that they're not as thick as a plank of wood! I'm still laughing. This has made my day :'D"

Heat in the moment meme circle jerking doesn't translate into consumer sales nor is it a testament to a fail. If it fails, so be it, but let's try to be level headed about this. The only relevant indicator that people are holding onto that it is a fail is the actual rankings and sales. And only apple is being considered so far. Is it a PR fail. Maybe, is it a total fail? We'll see soon enough.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Jay z can rap n laugh at mc hammer for losing guap/quote]

Yeah...

This never happened
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay aint smart
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This entire 'debate' in a nutshell just explained right before our eyes

@monizzle brings you comments staright from the horses mouth, us, the people, the buyers, the tastemakers:

comments from the video

To all of that, ? says this:

comments from the video

Heat in the moment meme circle jerking doesn't translate into consumer sales nor is it a testament to a fail. If it fails, so be it, but let's try to be level headed about this. The only relevant indicator that people are holding onto that it is a fail is the actual rankings and sales. And only apple is being considered so far. Is it a PR fail. Maybe, is it a total fail? We'll see soon enough.

Tone deaf. Basically you're saying 'Who you gon believe, me or your lying eyes'

Its a digital age homie, the Yelp era. Complete transparency and accountability TO the consumer. What "sales" do you speak of if not from 'the masses' who use this thing called Youtube. The dame people you dismiss. Ngga are tbey gon sell it robots? Or are they selling this digital, internet service to people who dont use Youtibe? Lol, cmon, Youtube is a baromter

Ie if 'Latch' is the number 1 song in the country, if i go to Youtube it will have the corresponding millions of views, likes, and majority positive comments. It MATCHES

You cant outrun bad perception in 2015, especially a market for a luxury item. Your perception 9/10 will match or eventually catch up to your bottom line. To be an exception you have to have a near monopoly or limited competetion, ie Comcast. People hate Comcast but they still eat

BY THE WAY...these are Business course philosophies some of us are trying to give yall lls Ecomics, not even just 100 level. And look how stubborn some folk are lol smh
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole convo is just going in a circle so ain't nothing to do from here on out but sit back and watch.... Personally I signed up for it and it had nothing to do with jay and everything to do with the value of what I got for the same price of what I was paying else where.....now only time will tell what they add or change about it to improve it but if y'all calling it a fail after 2 weeks that's your opinion me personally I like to give things a lil more time then that.... So we'll see how this ends....
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited April 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

@monizzle brings you comments staright from the horses mouth, us, the people, the buyers, the tastemakers:

comments from the video

comments from the video

Its a digital age homie, the Yelp era. Complete transparency and accountability TO the consumer. What "sales" do you speak of if not from 'the masses' who use this thing called Youtube. The dame people you dismiss. Ngga are tbey gon sell it robots? Or are they selling this digital, internet service to people who dont use Youtibe? Lol, cmon, Youtube is a baromter

Ie if 'Latch' is the number 1 song in the country, if i go to Youtube it will have the corresponding millions of views, likes, and majority positive comments. It MATCHES

You cant outrun bad perception in 2015, especially a market for a luxury item. Your perception 9/10 will match or eventually catch up to your bottom line. To be an exception you have to have a near monopoly or limited competetion, ie Comcast. People hate Comcast but they still eat

BY THE WAY...these are Business course philosophies some of us are trying to give yall lls Ecomics, not even just 100 level. And look how stubborn some folk are lol smh

So you went from being an ad student to a business grad? Interesting. Tone Deaf would be someone not being able to discern the difference between audio qualities. I'm sure you know perception can be changed. Ask sea world and their spammy campaign to rectify their image. It may not work, but don't act as if no effort could succeed, or there would be no PR industry. But hey, i'm gonna sit my ignorant ass out on this one since you gurus know the future.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

comments from the video

comments from the video

So you went from being an ad student to a business grad? Interesting. Tone Deaf would be someone not being able to discern the difference between audio qualities. I'm sure you know perception can be changed. Ask sea world and their spammy campaign to rectify their image. It may not work, but don't act as if no effort could succeed, or there would be no PR industry. But hey, i'm gonna sit my ignorant ass out on this one since you gurus know the future.

Thats not what that means, son.

Tone deaf in this context means the inability to detect/the obliviousness to the mood or voice of people outside of your bubble

In a sentence: Jay z tweeting out promo for Tidal as a major American ciry burned was rather tone deaf on his part
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Jay eats don't make me ? , so I can care less if Tidal fail or not..
    My biggest concern is how does Tidal Benefit me the "consumer" ??

What does Tidal offer that Spotify, Apple, Pandora, ect. don't ??
    This ? boils down to, who do you want to spend your money with..

The only time I stream music is when I'm traveling..

I've been using free Pandora for years..
    I don't mind the 2 commercials an hour,
    they only 30 seconds anyway..

Besides that I use YouTube..
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still get most of my new music from cd's, dj pools or listenin to the radio

id rather have a physical copy of music i like than payin 20 bucks a month for that ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »

because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still needing black leaders in 2015. Smh
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c ? live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »

because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?

Appearently Jay's Twitter has the ability to influence the actions of politicians, cops, protesters, and rioters.

He has the power.
    tumblr_m336glqeNC1r04pibo1_500.jpg
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw on the AHH website that he's planning to play free concerts for Tidal subscribers. He's gonna perform "rare" songs.

LOL
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I just saw on the AHH website that he's planning to play free concerts for Tidal subscribers. He's gonna perform "rare" songs.

LOL

I also have sources saying 5 lucky $20 FLAC subscribers will not only have the chance to attend the special show with a special VIP experience.

1. Chauffeur service by either Freeway, Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek
    2. Exclusive pre show party with all of jays successful european and white friends including: Chris Martin, Jack White, Radiohead, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
    3. After Party VIP access and free hotel and lodging in the heart of the city (ain't no love)
    4. A signed Jay and Bey surfboard and home cooked breakfast by Beyonce the morning after the concert

Don't you play hockey?