King Alfred Plan in Full Effect:1.5 million black men "missing."

Options
1235»

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence straight ignored my cool a** tho lol...

lol nah..
    jus didnt watch the video..

my attention span is too short..

This guy haha ight bro

I watched half of it without headphones

First thing that caught my attention was all them chicks rocking 'fros.. .
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My brother, @Focal Point

Check out Bloom's Taxonomy...Tell me where the animals you mentioned fit in and where YOU as a human fit. If those levels are equal, you should read more.

You are also aware that Humans evolved from Apes, right?

Humans evolved from an ape like creature that we share with the great apes. And at the end of the day we were discussing the ability to reason not a level cap

You obviously dont know what Bloom's is about

There are advanced levels of THINKING, reasoning being HIGHER than simply understanding
    And humans evolved from apes bro and advanced with technology and REASON

Sir... Respectfully it was an ape like creature that our evolution started from. And I also said that the apes used tools for good and battle, advancing past using their own body, so the idea of technology and innovation. We in so many ways started off in the same way.

And if racoons are figuring out ways to opening locks specifically made to stop them, what do you call that? I would say that's more than just simply understanding...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And to the point of this thread it was said that solutions need to be brought up as to fixing our situation in America.

Pride in self and area

Stop tearing up our own neighborhoods and keep them clean.

Invest in business in our neighborhoods that are black own.

Buy black made and/or sold products from the small shops in our neighborhoods.

Vote for politicians that have your interests in mind white or black, but more so black.

More black police officers.

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? won't shut the fucc up about animals being dumb lmao
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    killing each other in the hoods.
    cops killing random black men.
    abortion and race mixing

I hope no one takes this the wrong way---then again idgaf---but lets be real, nggas killin nggas trumps all those other reasons by far. And thats not a 'what about black on black crime' comment. Thats just raw facts

You gotta keep in mind for the numbers to look like they do NOW, those seeds were planted a generatin ago.

You're talkin 80s Chicago, 90s ? epidemic, NY and DC, Rayful Edmund, Bloods n Crips, etc, etc. It takes a generation, or better yet 15-25 years, for those chickens to come home to roost statistically

Yall talking in circles

And a great deal of the killings stem from poverty, the war on drugs a racist policy used to incarcerate millions of blk men

Then if you understand and acknowlwdge that nggas been killin nggas---regardleas of the reason---what 'circles' do you speak of?

Pretty cut n dry, nggas wild out in the 80s and 90s and now the number reflect that

The violence didn't happen within a vacuum

My point being it all (gang violence, high incarceration rates, poor health outcomes) stems from bad policy, bigotry, poverty, institutionalized racism, etc

We address these things, the numbers will begin to turn around

Hence why i feel the language used by the author of the article was appropriate

Not only that a blk man is more likely to be imprisoned than murdered....at least the last 20 years this has been the case

This is my issue with your point of view, bad policy, bigotry, institutionalized rtoday , etc, all depends on going to the majority to help fix... We can do things today to stop that. But you depend to much on the powers that be for change.

We only make up 13% of the pop

Than we are spread all over the country

Most of us own no land, and have little capital

Only so much is in our hands

This is especially the case in regards to public policy

And fact is public policy affects almost every aspect of our daily lives.... how we receive healthcare ...what we learn in school...who can afford college

If a teen is caught carrying a small bag of weed in his pocket public policy affects whether this chance encounter will result in criminal charges possiby ruining his or her young life or will it only amount to being a small bump in the road

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

I hope no one takes this the wrong way---then again idgaf---but lets be real, nggas killin nggas trumps all those other reasons by far. And thats not a 'what about black on black crime' comment. Thats just raw facts

You gotta keep in mind for the numbers to look like they do NOW, those seeds were planted a generatin ago.

You're talkin 80s Chicago, 90s ? epidemic, NY and DC, Rayful Edmund, Bloods n Crips, etc, etc. It takes a generation, or better yet 15-25 years, for those chickens to come home to roost statistically

Yall talking in circles

And a great deal of the killings stem from poverty, the war on drugs a racist policy used to incarcerate millions of blk men

Then if you understand and acknowlwdge that nggas been killin nggas---regardleas of the reason---what 'circles' do you speak of?

Pretty cut n dry, nggas wild out in the 80s and 90s and now the number reflect that

My point being it all (gang violence, high incarceration rates, poor health outcomes) stems from bad policy, bigotry, poverty, institutionalized racism, etc

Not only that a blk man is more likely to be imprisoned than murdered....at least the last 20 years this has been the case

This is my issue with your point of view, bad policy, bigotry, institutionalized rtoday , etc, all depends on going to the majority to help fix... We can do things today to stop that. But you depend to much on the powers that be for change.

I don't think thats what she's saying at all bro.

Recognizing the circumstances/ systemic / policy driven, and other wise that lead to problems within our community, is just that…. recognizing

Now how we go about fixing those problems is another discussion.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10 I appreciate your insight on this site.

Women like u should be the presidents of this country. I'd vote for you my sistah.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

Yall talking in circles

And fact is public policy affects almost every aspect of our daily lives.... how we receive healthcare ...what we learn in school...who can afford college

If a teen is caught carrying a small bag of weed in his pocket public policy affects whether this chance encounter will result in criminal charges possiby ruining his or her young life or will it only amount to being a small bump in the road

nosign shorty.....public policy is not going to save you from poor personal choices

leaning on outsiders is nothing but victim mentality..........and we have seen what that gets you
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

Yall talking in circles

nosign shorty.....public policy is not going to save you from poor personal choices

leaning on outsiders is nothing but victim mentality..........and we have seen what that gets you

Self accountability is important ...but fact is ppl are gonna make mistakes

With that said, public policy such as the recent decriminalization of weed in philly, for example, means that a teen caught with a small bag of weed in his pocket now will be given a ticket instead of being charged with a crime which could limit future job prospects

Yes its not that great a decision to walk the streets while blk with a bad of weed in ur pocket ...but at now at for ppl in philly that choice will not live on to haunt you

Another example, a change in the way we penalize ppl for failure to make child support payments could've possibly saved walter scotts life

Even in the realm of events out of our control... good policy making can make a difference

New healthcare laws means that blk women, who more than likely to die of breast cancer than any other race, will now have access to preventive measures/care that they couldn't afford before

These are big deals

So its not about leaning on outsiders, playing victim...when i speak of racism, inequality, etc

Its about demanding whats fair

? we pay taxes

The government should work for us too

Otherwise i don't see us as a collective making any real strides

There will be the exceptions, but that will be it

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    My ? won't shut the fucc up about animals being dumb lmao

Class dismissed.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not about to hold ur hand on this myG..

but CHOOSING a quality mate is bein SELECTIVE..
    and someone's bright idea ONLY accepted as norm through centuries of conditioning would. be considered a practice correct??

you in here peddling your hoez?