Since the media supposedly cares so much about Domestic Violence.Will this become a big story.. Or..

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/28/brittney-griner-plea-deal-guilty-domestic-violence-glory-johnson-wnba/26538559/
Brittney Griner pleads guilty in domestic violence case, enters counseling

WNBA star Brittney Griner accepted a plea deal and will enter a diversion program following her April 22 arrest on suspicion of assault and disorderly conduct, her attorney David Michael Cantor said Tuesday.

Griner pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. She will attend 26 weeks of domestic violence counseling and upon completion all charges will be dismissed. Griner voluntarily began counseling the day after her arrest and is cooperating with the WNBA's investigation into the matter.

A verbal argument between Griner and her fiancée, Glory Johnson, turned physical, and both women were arrested on assault and disorderly conduct allegations.

"It is never OK for an argument to turn physical," Griner said in a statement released through her attorney. "This will never happen again, and I take my relationship and my responsibility as a role model seriously. I am committed to making positive changes and I plan to use what I have learned to set a good example and help make a difference in the world around me."

Griner, 24, and Johnson engaged in an argument that led to minor injuries in their Goodyear, Ariz., home. Both women were seen "throwing things at each other, and several people inside the home tried to break up the fight" before authorities were called, the police report noted.

Neither Griner nor Johnson desired prosecution. They were booked into the Maricopa County Jail in downtown Phoenix and later released.

Griner helped lead the Phoenix Mercury to a WNBA title in 2014 and was named the league's Defensive Player of the Year.

Johnson, 24, was a forward last year with the WNBA's Tulsa Shock. The pair announced their engagement last summer.

Or will this story get brushed under the rug.. Because a "female" athlete was involved.. Instead of a NBA player, NFL player or the P4P King of boxing...

Comments

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sweep it under the rug.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate to say it but Baltimore is the best thing to happen to that chick.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They have an agenda with all the ? they choose to cover. So no they won't cover this equally. This doesn't fit in their agenda.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    One wasnt beating the ? out the other.

No one is going to get in a uproar over a ""fair fight""
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now u know hoes wanna be treated equal only when it's beneficial to them.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glory Hole Johnson lolzzzz
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not going to be swept under the rug, but it definitely won't be story of the week like other male athletes.

There's no video and it's two women from the same league. Plus, the incident happened just before the protests in Baltimore. Media ain't got time for that.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No its two woman people only care if its a man attacking a woman.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fire on both those ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    The law took care of it so what's the issue?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

100. Plus it's two hoes. Level playin' field innit
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

what TS and others are alluding too was during the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson ? (mind you the law had already took care of both these situations ) , there was a few cases of DV that got completely sweep under the rug by sports media. Kurt Busch beat the ? out of his woman, Hope Solo beat her sisters ass (didn't even get removed from the playing for team USA at the time).. The one nascar cat killed a dude during a race.. tony stewart

people aint looking for Griner to get in trouble with the law, but when its a woman doing the assaulting most times nobody gives a ? / its never reported on.. think this what there beef is.. not mine though

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »

what TS and others are alluding too was during the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson ? , there was a few cases of DV that got completely sweep under the rug by sports media. Kurt Busch beat the ? out of his woman, Hope Solo beat her sisters ass (didn't even get removed from the playing for team USA at the time).. The one nascar cat killed a dude during a race.. tony stewart

people aint looking for Griner get to get trouble with the law, but when its a woman doing the assaulting most times nobody gives a ? / its never reported on..

I'm saying tho these are 2 women that are both over 6 feet tall…this don't seem like domestic violence in the same respect ray rice was…

it seems like 2 women…that are a couple…shot the fair one and one won and one lost.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAH, LGBT will have this swept under the rug. Right now their case is with the Supreme court so this will get a quick hit and then not be talked about for months. See what happens when you come out against them, but when two of their own are in the spotlight making the whole culture look bad, they're nowhere to be found.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

what TS and others are alluding too was during the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson ? , there was a few cases of DV that got completely sweep under the rug by sports media. Kurt Busch beat the ? out of his woman, Hope Solo beat her sisters ass (didn't even get removed from the playing for team USA at the time).. The one nascar cat killed a dude during a race.. tony stewart

people aint looking for Griner get to get trouble with the law, but when its a woman doing the assaulting most times nobody gives a ? / its never reported on..

I'm saying tho these are 2 women that are both over 6 feet tall…this don't seem like domestic violence in the same respect ray rice was…

it seems like 2 women…that are a couple…shot the fair one and one won and one lost.

oh I agree with you. i was just letting Gabi know if she wasnt up on the sports side of it. I don't care about this just like I never gave a ? about the Ray Rice things... that's these people personal family business.. I do however think that media coverage from when Rice and AP situation compared to Kurt Bush and Hope Solo was so outrageous.. hell tony Stewart killed a CAC and they straight blew that story off like it wasn't ?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

oh I agree with you. i was just letting Gabi know if she wasnt up on the sports side of it. I don't care about this just like I never gave a ? about the Ray Rice things... that's these people personal family business.. I do however think that media coverage from when Rice and AP situation compared to Kurt Bush and Hope Solo was so outrageous.. hell tony Stewart killed a CAC and they straight blew that story off like it wasn't ?

that montel jordan interview opened my eyes tho…a really disproportionate amount of domestic abuse charges are filed against police officers…it's so many angles they could have ran with but they ran with the "black athlete domestic abuse epidemic" angle
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Hate to say it but Baltimore is the best thing to happen to that chick.

Ray rice was going on at the same time Ferguson was...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they covering it on espn... and i don't give a ? ... just like i didn't give a ? about Ray Rice...
    personal affairs are just that. we can have a discussion about broader issues in terms of domestic violence, but worrying about athlete personal lives is fake as ? .
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mind my own business when it comes to grown folks personal lives... idgaf what they do