Kobe And LeBron Don't Have Any Highlights Like This

2»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot that Danny Ainge played baseball.

Anybody else you can think of?

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

No cuz I dont follow baseball like that I just looked it up.

And we are discussing the worlds greatest athletes here. Just cuz they don't decide to play another major league sport doesn't mean they don't have the capability to.

The reason why Im saying this thread is dumb is because Jordan playing baseball has literally ZERO meaning when you want to compare who's a better basketball player.
  • 5 Grand
    coop9889 wrote: »

No cuz I dont follow baseball like that I just looked it up.

And we are discussing the worlds greatest athletes here. Just cuz they don't decide to play another major league sport doesn't mean they don't have the capability to.

The reason why Im saying this thread is dumb is because Jordan playing baseball has literally ZERO meaning when you want to compare who's a better basketball player.

Not really because Jordan was playing baseball in his prime.

Erase Kobe Bryant's 10th and 11th years in the NBA and do the same thing to LeBron James and then compare them.

In otherwords, Kobe Bryant has more career points than Jordan, but again, Jordan was playing baseball for two years.

And if this thread is so dumb why do you keep responding to it?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

No but Pat Riley was drafted as a WR for the Dallas Cowboys
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • coop9889

Erase Kobe Bryant's 10th and 11th years in the NBA and do the same thing to LeBron James and then compare them.

In otherwords, Kobe Bryant has more career points than Jordan, but again, Jordan was playing baseball for two years.

Lol really? Penalize whoever you compare MJ to because HE decided to play baseball? Horrible logic.
  • 5 Grand

Lol really? Penalize whoever you compare MJ to because HE decided to play baseball? Horrible logic.

I'm not "penalizing" anybody. All I'm saying is that MJ played baseball in his prime years. You guys are trying to make an argument when there isn't one.

Kobe and LeBron don't have any baseball highlights. That's all. If you don't think that's a thread worthy statement then click on another thread.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not "penalizing" anybody. All I'm saying is that MJ played baseball in his prime years. You guys are trying to make an argument when there isn't one.

Kobe and LeBron don't have any baseball highlights. That's all. If you don't think that's a thread worthy statement then click on another thread.

he missed less then two years failing at baseball.

• coop9889
    You're right. I don't think "Kobe and Lebron don't have baseball highlights" is thread worthy.

Speaking of pointless threads... why don't you make a "Tom Brady doesn't have bowling highlights" and "Tiger Woods doesn't have nascar highlights" threads too?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got videos on my phone of Kobe hitting a game winning home run at Richard Sherman's celebrity game tho.

GOT EEEEM
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why Jordan is both a gift and a curse to NBA fans. He's the GOAT. It's been etched in stone. With that said, why is it that every Jordan stan feels the need to go sooo hard over the fact that he's so much greater than so and so with random ? ?? If Jordan hadn't taken off to go play baseball he could've won 8 titles....or he could have torn his ACL/MCL and never came back as the player he was, retiring with only 3 rings.

It's my belief that, had Kobe been able to win a 6th, there would be a legit argument that he is the GOAT. Let's not forget about Bill Russell who, if we're using the ring logic, crushes Jordan. Lebron is still playing and i considered the best player in the world. Hypothetically, he could still win 4 or 5 to eclipse Jordan's ring count, and he'd do it without having to ? with baseball for a full season...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mike still cant dress for ? tho
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike the GOAT

Kareem stay with a beef.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea Mike is the best ever
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those cubs-white sox games were exhibitions back then, and would play one game every year.