• Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to get something under 10%, @Texas
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abn562 wrote: »
    @b00kie exactly. my car is like a mirror of my personality. Black(obviously), low key, sexy(nh), quick, well taken care of, powerful. I plan on keeping my whip for another 2-3years aleast. 3800's are known for running well over 300,000miles if taken care of, so I dont plan on getting rid of it.

I let the lady buy the ? for the crib. As long as my man-cave decked out, dont care what she do witj the rest of the crib, and since my hobbie IS working my car, I like to buy nice things for it. dont really care about depreciation, as long I enjoy driving it, and i still turn heads, errthang is a go.

I mean what I said, bruh. HV3 insert, CAI, 180thermostat, overkill pcm tune. All installed by me, all that along with my eaton m90 gen5 supercharger make it easy for me beat a SXT charger, SXT challenger(both heavy ass cars), & would beat any 05-10 Mustangs that isnt a GT. I cant see the new 5.0's.

lol You ? ? me.

You got a nice car bro, hell my mom had a Grand Prix GT back when i was in high school and I swore i was gonna get a GXP one day. You sound like the dude with the Malibu SS tho, while they're nice cars they aren't powerful at all stock and with bolt ons.

If you comparing your SRT(still a heavy ass whip), than yea, you got it. yours got more stock than me, pcm tuned for straight line take offs, and you bussin RWD. No doubt, but you telling me 280+hp (dont know nobody with a dyno, but CAI is 7+, HV3 is 10-15+ WITH a pcm tune) for my GP made in 2004, aint power? Granted, torque steer comes into play,but that is minimized with my fronts rolling 250's.

Great thing about a message board tho....we can agree to disagree.

Don't know what to tell you, I thought my Mustang GT was fast too. Hell this SRT is ok for a stock car, there will come a time when you look back and laugh because you thought your past cars were fast, I do it to this day and will probably do it when I get my next car. But after this is payed off I don't plan on getting a car note unless I can afford a GT-R and I don't see their prices dropping to much, Just means I gotta upgrade my money lol.

yup I laugh at 05-10 GTs, well you already know that from the ? stories thread but ? a GT-R, id rather be in a z06 for that kinda money, I mean yea you get the name, AWD, twin turbos, but its just too BIG, like literally that ? is a boat lol with a good 3-4k of mods invested in a z06 youll be pullin on them ? , the new 2014 is rated at 545, it aint that hard to get there

Bruh, the GTR is out here defying logic. The weight is not a hindrance with that car at all. Have you see the video with the Bolt-on ZR1(yes ZR1 not Z06) Vs the bolt on GTR? And whats even more crazy is the GT-R will keep up/win around a track too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB91ZtXqu1Q

A Z06 is going to need H/C/I to keep up with a bolt on GT-R and thats more than 3-4k in mods
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Ya'll are focusing too much on the monthly payment. Finance managers at a dealership can make those numbers do magic when you're buying a car and its not in your benefit.

$400 a month over a 60 month term

is not the same interest as

$400 a month over a 36 month term

This is why the sales guy will also ask you "What do you want to pay a month?" early along. That question itself is a setup.

i think you should make a "buying a new car tips and tricks" thread

you seem like you want to open the flood gates on this thread....

nah i rarely make threads.. id post in one if someone did tho

its just crazy to watch the folks ? themselves when buying cars.. thinking 9% interest is acceptable just because they can afford the note

i SHOULD open a lot and win lol..
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    @b00kie exactly. my car is like a mirror of my personality. Black(obviously), low key, sexy(nh), quick, well taken care of, powerful. I plan on keeping my whip for another 2-3years aleast. 3800's are known for running well over 300,000miles if taken care of, so I dont plan on getting rid of it.

I let the lady buy the ? for the crib. As long as my man-cave decked out, dont care what she do witj the rest of the crib, and since my hobbie IS working my car, I like to buy nice things for it. dont really care about depreciation, as long I enjoy driving it, and i still turn heads, errthang is a go.

I mean what I said, bruh. HV3 insert, CAI, 180thermostat, overkill pcm tune. All installed by me, all that along with my eaton m90 gen5 supercharger make it easy for me beat a SXT charger, SXT challenger(both heavy ass cars), & would beat any 05-10 Mustangs that isnt a GT. I cant see the new 5.0's.

lol You ? ? me.

You got a nice car bro, hell my mom had a Grand Prix GT back when i was in high school and I swore i was gonna get a GXP one day. You sound like the dude with the Malibu SS tho, while they're nice cars they aren't powerful at all stock and with bolt ons.

If you comparing your SRT(still a heavy ass whip), than yea, you got it. yours got more stock than me, pcm tuned for straight line take offs, and you bussin RWD. No doubt, but you telling me 280+hp (dont know nobody with a dyno, but CAI is 7+, HV3 is 10-15+ WITH a pcm tune) for my GP made in 2004, aint power? Granted, torque steer comes into play,but that is minimized with my fronts rolling 250's.

Don't know what to tell you, I thought my Mustang GT was fast too. Hell this SRT is ok for a stock car, there will come a time when you look back and laugh because you thought your past cars were fast, I do it to this day and will probably do it when I get my next car. But after this is payed off I don't plan on getting a car note unless I can afford a GT-R and I don't see their prices dropping to much, Just means I gotta upgrade my money lol.

yup I laugh at 05-10 GTs, well you already know that from the ? stories thread but ? a GT-R, id rather be in a z06 for that kinda money, I mean yea you get the name, AWD, twin turbos, but its just too BIG, like literally that ? is a boat lol with a good 3-4k of mods invested in a z06 youll be pullin on them ? , the new 2014 is rated at 545, it aint that hard to get there

Bruh, the GTR is out here defying logic. The weight is not a hindrance with that car at all. Have you see the video with the Bolt-on ZR1(yes ZR1 not Z06) Vs the bolt on GTR? And whats even more crazy is the GT-R will keep up/win around a track too.

A Z06 is going to need H/C/I to keep up with a bolt on GT-R and thats more than 3-4k in mods

ok true, but understand that now your going into modding, a stock vs stock comparison of a z06 and gtr are almost identical literally maybe 3/10ths of a second apart in the 1/4, now of course if you tune a gtr you will get more power out of it cause its turbo, the z06 is N/A, now yes it brings up the ricer argument of "oh well your turbo so it aint fair" lol but I wont throw that card cause its been used on me before and its a retarted argument but anyways for my moneys worth and what money u can spend between deciding whether I want the 45,000 vs 90,000 dollar, its a bargain for me to choose the less expensive and still be able to keep up and/or modify when running against a stock and.or modified gtr....just my thoughts tho

45k vs 90k? Why you comparing used prices vs new prices tho? The GT-R is more exclusive than the Vette so in a comparable year model the GT-R is a little more $$ but not 45k more. And I didn't mention modding first you did with the throw 3-4k worth of mods in the z06. You're also right about the turbo vs N/A thing, one company chose to use a TTv6 and the other chose to use a 427c.i v8, both are good at what they do.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

lol You ? ? me.

ok true, but understand that now your going into modding, a stock vs stock comparison of a z06 and gtr are almost identical literally maybe 3/10ths of a second apart in the 1/4, now of course if you tune a gtr you will get more power out of it cause its turbo, the z06 is N/A, now yes it brings up the ricer argument of "oh well your turbo so it aint fair" lol but I wont throw that card cause its been used on me before and its a retarted argument but anyways for my moneys worth and what money u can spend between deciding whether I want the 45,000 vs 90,000 dollar, its a bargain for me to choose the less expensive and still be able to keep up and/or modify when running against a stock and.or modified gtr....just my thoughts tho

45k vs 90k? Why you comparing used prices vs new prices tho? The GT-R is more exclusive than the Vette so in a comparable year model the GT-R is a little more $$ but not 45k more. And I didn't mention modding first you did with the throw 3-4k worth of mods in the z06. You're also right about the turbo vs N/A thing, one company chose to use a TTv6 and the other chose to use a 427c.i v8, both are good at what they do.

the new z06 2012 is 70-80 ok, the 2012 gtr is still 100k, 20-30k difference...still lol, I know I mentioned modding but I was throwing out an example of how money wise it would be in my benefit since I still paid less, both cars are legit tho no doubt, ive seen gtrs built the ? up and z06s built the ? up, both cars with 1000hp aint no joke, never seen em run tho lol

Base Z06 is 76k, Base GT-R is 90k. So yeah you got a lil money to work with there but then you comparing stock vs modded. But it would be nice knowing you probably wont see another car like yours every day, I've seen maybe 3 different GT-R's around here, I see a Z06 everyday. Toss me the keys to either and I'd be a happy dude.

Check out some of the TX2K13 videos bro, there are plenty of Vette, GTR, Mustang, and other types of cars racing videos from this year. I hope to attend that event one year, but I know I need to have at least 650-700rwhp to be any type of competition for just the slower cars that attend the event.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    update

tried to get financing through wells fargo they said since im a first time loan seeker they may deny me or i could get a co signer...what is this fuckery?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    update

tried to get financing through wells fargo they said since im a first time loan seeker they may deny me or i could get a co signer...what is this fuckery?

large banks arent taking on a credit risk like you

try a local credit union or if you can get into USAA or Navy Federal Credit Union (parents must former military if you arent) they are much more likely to take a chance on you
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cuz go join a credit union..... some only start off with u paying $25. U will get a good loan and a great interest rate
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is an 07 x5 with 51 miles on it decent for 30k?
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or 35k with 36 miles on it

Appreciate any advice
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll are focusing too much on the monthly payment. Finance managers at a dealership can those numbers do magic when you're buying a car and its not in your benefit.

$400 a month over a 60 month term

is not the same interest as

$400 a month over a 36 month term

This is why the sales guy will also ask you "What do you want to pay a month?" early along. That question itself is a setup.

i think you should make a "buying a new car tips and tricks" thread

you seem like you want to open the flood gates on this thread....

nah i rarely make threads.. id post in one if someone did tho

its just crazy to watch the folks ? themselves when buying cars.. thinking 9% interest is acceptable just because they can afford the note

i SHOULD open a lot and win lol..

You or @Sion should make the thread. It's needed.
  • Kalegley
    Kalegley Members Posts: 1
    Options
    This tool will help you calculate the price of a car that you can afford payment wise.
    http://www.acalculator.com/long-term-care-calculator.html