Millionaires share their top 3 priorities in life

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/millionaires-share-top-3-priorities-173600775.html

Millionaires list health, family, and financial security as their top priorities — in that order.

What do the people who seem to have everything really want?

The US Trust surveyed 640 high net worth individuals with at least $3 million in investable assets to find out.

They learned that millionaires list health, family, and financial security as their top priorities — in that order.

A whopping 98% of those surveyed said that health was their most valuable asset (most believe good health is the key to a life well lived), and 99% said that investing in their health was as important as investing to build wealth.

The respondents also defined family as essential. However, many were unsure about the legacy that they'd be leaving for the next generation.

Three in four of the parents surveyed said that they wanted to leave an inheritance to their children, but only one in five felt that their kids would be prepared to handle that wealth.

Since the majority of high net worth individuals surveyed had assets between $3 and $5 million, it's no surprise that 93% said that they considered themselves to be financially secure.

In order to stay that way, most tend to be conservative. About 64% said that they choose lower risk investments with lower potential returns over higher risk options with the potential for growth when managing their wealth.

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well its alot of people who this the same way me included
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that's pretty much everybody. But you take a ? with nothing that see people walkin past him with everything, those priorities will shift.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My pistol and my homies are #1 RNS
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI: ? lice and ? are not the same thing... Back on topic tho, thats like telling you son, nah you cant ride in my Benz with me to the toy store, you gotta take the bus, you aint earn this ? .

Your son could be sitting next to you in first class while you instill the values of success, instead of being in the back cramped up wishing his dad wasn't a ? .

Realizing your a regular person doesnt inspire you to be anything other than that, at best he's "scared straight" and grows a phobia of being working class that inspires him to become a millionaire, or what more likely is he says "that wasnt so bad, looks like i dont gotta be rich like my ? dad after all"

Seems counter intuitive, but im broke, what do i know
  • topoftheworld
    topoftheworld Members Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    curious if existing health / economic data supports this survey. Are the wealthiest the healthiest?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But are they sharing that money tho ?