Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but ? on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that ? out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.

the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.

You're better than this. We're going to act like the circumstances surrounding the creation of Jewish Ghettoes were similar to those surrounding the creation of the Black Ghetto? Nah b…context is crucial.

they are very similar both groups were ? on for hundreds of years and made outcasts from mainstream society the jews responded differently from us we have allowed this society to dishonor us and grind us into the dust.

except it so we can move pass it, as long as other black people make excuses for the failures our community produces we will never rise out of that dust. yes we know the system is against us but that's the whole point, it's the enemy it's our job to find a way to beat the enemy not cry about him winning.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Call it what u want. The truth is a bitter pill. My fault...
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but ? on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that ? out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.

the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.

You're better than this. We're going to act like the circumstances surrounding the creation of Jewish Ghettoes were similar to those surrounding the creation of the Black Ghetto? Nah b…context is crucial.

they are very similar both groups were ? on for hundreds of years and made outcasts from mainstream society the jews responded differently from us we have allowed this society to dishonor us and grind us into the dust.

except it so we can move pass it, as long as other black people make excuses for the failures our community produces we will never rise out of that dust. yes we know the system is against us but that's the whole point, it's the enemy it's our job to find a way to beat the enemy not cry about him winning.

The difference is one group had its wrongs righted…the other group had its wrongs compounded. To say that Blacks are to blame for the failures of our community is to say that Blacks are inferior because other groups got wronged similarly but they were able to overcome because they were stronger. Ain't with it. Jews didn't prosper because they were stronger..they prospered because their battle wasn't nearly as uphill.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As this political cartoon shows, a lot of blacks were hard working, smart, and had their "act" together. They did everything by the book and yet they still came up short due to the color of their skin and not by their qualifications. I guess our problem is that we still search for humanity and decency within our enemy when their isn't any to be found. I do think that ? on a whole group of your own people will not get us anywhere, a lot of elitist ? in here.

institutionalracism.png
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we all know that this society is against us so why should we makes excuses for the people that willingly pay into the hands of the enemy????? that's ? stupid. A portion of the black community must just be ? stupid.

and ? meeting in the middle with idiots

shyts not going to change then... so you just wasting your time... energy and bytchin for no reason...

NO things can change but first people like you have to stop making excuses for these losers not rising to the occasion.

so if I say " yea it's y'all fault y'all in y'all situation" then what? is that going to change the situation no... you can't make people "rise to the occasion" so again shyts not going to change if you don't meet in the middle. .
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

The difference is one group had its wrongs righted…the other group had its wrongs compounded. To say that Blacks are to blame for the failures of our community is to say that Blacks are inferior because other groups got wronged similarly but they were able to overcome because they were stronger. Ain't with it. Jews didn't prosper because they were stronger..they prospered because their battle wasn't nearly as uphill.

Jews prospered because as a people, as a community they were stronger. period. They historically were less confused about their identity. WE DON'T have that same sense of cultural unity that the jews developed over the course of about 1000 years of oppression in europe and america. We really should at this point not need it, the conditions we are living under should be enough for to recognize the personal benefit in not engaging in certain behaviors.

Now i am not going to argue about which ethnic group suffered the most that would be futile BECAUSE the reality of the situation right now is that black people know better and need to do better.
This discussion has been closed.