Jason Statham Says 'Layer Cake' Sequel 'Viva La Madness' Will Shoot In 2016

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fd1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net%2Fa3%2F56%2F55de8ab44ea0bb3a2756ffe14bfb%2Fjoker-photo-m-01.jpg

You may have forgotten, as I totally did, that a couple of years back it was announced that Jason Statham would star in "Viva La Madness," the sequel to Matthew Vaughn's breakout film, "Layer Cake," which made a star out of Daniel Craig. Not much has been heard about the project since, but according to Statham, it's all systems go.

"J.J. Connelly's written a great book called 'Viva La Madness,' and we're taking that book and doing something great with it," the actor told Digital Spy about about the sequel novel, penned by the original author. "He's such a talented writer. The book was incredible. I loved 'Layer Cake' and this is, if anything, better. The chance to work with someone of that caliber, to do something back home, it's the most exciting thing on my plate. We're doing it next year, and it's full steam ahead. We're putting all the finance together, and we're off and racing."

That said, there's still some information that needs filling in. Who's writing? Who's directing? Well, Statham is producing, and it'll be interesting to see what kind of team he pulls together for the further adventures of x*? . While "Layer Cake" was solid, it's certainly not a bar so high that Statham can't reach it, of course providing the adaptation has some kind of character, and doesn't just turn into "Generic Statham Movie XYZ," which he's done more than a few of.

So, one to keep your ear on the ground about, but after seeing "Spy" recently, I kinda want to see Statham do more comedy.

Comments