• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit stand up
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Webber not holding on to that, Rose, King and Jackson are the only people bringing that ? up. They also salty that those Michigan banners were taking down and blame Chris for that but forget Jalen also took money from that guy so those banners were coming down because of Rose too.

They bring it up when they're asked about it but if you watch Jalen Rose's podcast he rarely if ever brings it up. 90% of the time when he does he doesn't go into any more detail than "It'd be great to have the whole Fab 5 together again"...it ain't like he crying on tv about not talking to Webber. Just thinks it's ? up how much he's distanced himself from the Fab 5. I mean when you got 4 of the Fab 5 sitting together in the crowd at a Michigan game and Webber purposely avoids them that's going to make him look more like an ass than them.

So that just happened. You contradicted yourself in the very next sentence

@ him never talking abot it, bullshyt. Not only has he been talkin this for years, when he speaks on it he has way too much preloaded ammo , and the narrative is always the same: chris alientaed us, come back to us, be our friend. None of that is appropriate to be opened up in public

But when nggas cant get to you, they go public, and it ALWAYS make them look funny in the light

See: Klein, DeHaven, Dame etc takin bad on Jay z when he has nothing to say about them. Regardless of how truthful wht their sayin is, IMMEDIATELY they look small
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Yea but Jalen drags himself down when he brings it up. Makes him look just as bad

Sound like he got a lil Scottie Pippen, Lloyd Banks syndrom, where no matter how big you get you forever linked to a 'bigger' star.

What he gon say when CWebb in the hall of fame? The more time passes, the more petty ROSE seems for keep bringing it up. Cwebb mindin his own business, his personal ? is just that, HIS ? . Rose the only one ever bringing this ? up. "you dont talk to us", ngga yall grown as ?

he brought it up because Webber dissed him on the dan patrick show.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    “I’m embarrassed, and I’m disappointed, in how he’s chosen to go about this,” Fab Five member Jimmy King said yesterday on the Ryan & Rico Show on 105.1 FM in Detroit. “I think he has personal issues. I think he likes a little drama, carrying on with certain things, as far as relationships are concerned, that could have been handled years ago. I think that it’s a personal flaw that he has.” King also referred to Webber as a “habitual liar”.

man i believe it man.. they from my city so i got love for both of them..

but i watch Jalen Podcast on the regular for about 3 years now.. and every now and then C Webb gets brought up and Jalen said it.. that timeout back in the day.. psychologically he never got over that ? .. and im using Jalens words now "even though he made $200-$300 million over a loooong nba career, has a great life and made something of himself, borderline hall of famer.., but you cant let that timeout go" he said he always felt that CWebb distanced himself from the rest of the fab 5 as a way to .. in his mind.. distance himself from Michigan and in a sense distancing himself from the timeout i guess to try to forget about it.. its kinda crazy.. but hey no matter who you are..every one has issues they havent dealt with i guess

I believe that ? ever since then CWebb don't want the ball in the clutch. Peja and Vlade Divac were the ones with the ball in their hands to take the clutch shots in Sac. Rod Strickland and Juwan Howard took the clutch shots when CWebb was with the Bullets.

The ? seems true to me. That ? will never admit but his actions say that ? is true.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    “I’m embarrassed, and I’m disappointed, in how he’s chosen to go about this,” Fab Five member Jimmy King said yesterday on the Ryan & Rico Show on 105.1 FM in Detroit. “I think he has personal issues. I think he likes a little drama, carrying on with certain things, as far as relationships are concerned, that could have been handled years ago. I think that it’s a personal flaw that he has.” King also referred to Webber as a “habitual liar”.

but i watch Jalen Podcast on the regular for about 3 years now.. and every now and then C Webb gets brought up and Jalen said it.. that timeout back in the day.. psychologically he never got over that ? .. and im using Jalens words now "even though he made $200-$300 million over a loooong nba career, has a great life and made something of himself, borderline hall of famer.., but you cant let that timeout go" he said he always felt that CWebb distanced himself from the rest of the fab 5 as a way to .. in his mind.. distance himself from Michigan and in a sense distancing himself from the timeout i guess to try to forget about it.. its kinda crazy.. but hey no matter who you are..every one has issues they havent dealt with i guess

I believe that ? ever since then CWebb don't want the ball in the clutch. Peja and Vlade Divac were the ones with the ball in their hands to take the clutch shots in Sac. Rod Strickland and Juwan Howard took the clutch shots when CWebb was with the Bullets.

The ? seems true to me. That ? will never admit but his actions say that ? is true.

Don't forget bibby
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Don't forget bibby

You right Mike Bibby as well!
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Webber not holding on to that, Rose, King and Jackson are the only people bringing that ? up. They also salty that those Michigan banners were taking down and blame Chris for that but forget Jalen also took money from that guy so those banners were coming down because of Rose too.

They bring it up when they're asked about it but if you watch Jalen Rose's podcast he rarely if ever brings it up. 90% of the time when he does he doesn't go into any more detail than "It'd be great to have the whole Fab 5 together again"...it ain't like he crying on tv about not talking to Webber. Just thinks it's ? up how much he's distanced himself from the Fab 5. I mean when you got 4 of the Fab 5 sitting together in the crowd at a Michigan game and Webber purposely avoids them that's going to make him look more like an ass than them.

cs.. I should have said that.. I watch his pod on the reg.. I can only think of 2 times in the 3 years I watched the show when C webb was ever brought up.. once when Michigan made it to the championship game year before last (Jalen talked about having all the fab 5 members there) , and once Bill Simmons brought it up cause I guess he was somewhere with Jalen and ran into C. Webb ( some event, but i cant remember what it was, EDIT just found the vid, it was the 2012 finals) guess they got into it in front of bill . And even Jalen said it, if it wasn't in front of Bill nobody would had knew about it. So it aint like Jalen is non stop talking about C Webb. If cats ever saw his POD, u know he got love for CWebb, and he says they'll be cool again one day,
  • JusDre313
    Options
    just found a couple of short vids.. explains a lil more

the timeout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wadUaPuohfE

what happened with the fab 5 doc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I9vHz_1gLA
  • S2J
    Options
    So in other words what yall sayin

'He only ? on him a few times"

Family biz, in house ? , is just that, in house ? . Should have never come out his mouth, not even once

Ie Kobe only spoke on Shaq once for about 6,7 years , during his ? case, and thats all you ever neeed to know about his character. Then he trickled out info here n there more recently (similar to Jalen)
  • JusDre313
    Options

Family biz, in house ? , is just that, in house ? . Should have never come out his mouth, not even once

Ie Kobe only spoke on Shaq once for about 6,7 years , during his ? case, and thats all you ever neeed to know about his character. Then he trickled out info here n there more recently (similar to Jalen)

naw fam that's what you saying.. I know u like to argue just to argue, but everyone not going to agree with you.. that's life ... you look at it as ? talking, others view it as him just answering a question he was asked. and the Shaq n Kobe comparison don't really fly considering them two was team mates, never friends, rose & webb been friends since before they was teenagers.. to be fair, I would love to hear C Webb take on a lot of this stuff, but it is what it is at this point..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

So that just happened. You contradicted yourself in the very next sentence

@ him never talking abot it, bullshyt. Not only has he been talkin this for years, when he speaks on it he has way too much preloaded ammo , and the narrative is always the same: chris alientaed us, come back to us, be our friend. None of that is appropriate to be opened up in public

But when nggas cant get to you, they go public, and it ALWAYS make them look funny in the light

See: Klein, DeHaven, Dame etc takin bad on Jay z when he has nothing to say about them. Regardless of how truthful wht their sayin is, IMMEDIATELY they look small

What are you talking about? I never said he nevr talks bout it that clearly says he speaks about it when asked aka when it's relevant to the discussion he's having. And where is the contradiction? Last time they were all in the same place at the Michigan final 4 game 4 of the fab 5 Sat together in the crowd and Webber sat in a suite purposely avoiding them.
  • S2J
    Options

naw fam that's what you saying.. I know u like to argue just to argue, but everyone not going to agree with you.. that's life ... you look at it as ? talking, others view it as him just answering a question he was asked. and the Shaq n Kobe comparison don't really fly considering them two was team mates, never friends, rose & webb been friends since before they was teenagers.. to be fair, I would love to hear C Webb take on a lot of this stuff, but it is what it is at this point..

Uh, yea!! Wouldn't that mean Jalen should have MORE of an expectancy to not speak ill of this guy??

'Just answering a question he was asked', oh stop. There's certain people that deserve a politically correct response from you. Friends, family, he deceased, etc.

If they were friends since HS, and his only sin is 'not talking to yall', that man still has the EQUITY for you to just say ' hey, idk man, you gotta ask chris'. You dont put family business out there like that just bc you not fikin with him at the time. Period.
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "Nah, I'm tryna' kick the ? you need to learn though
    That ether, that ? that make your soul burn slow"

Sorry, had to to do it one time
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Uh, yea!! Wouldn't that mean Jalen should have MORE of an expectancy to not speak ill of this guy??

'Just answering a question he was asked', oh stop. There's certain people that deserve a politically correct response from you. Friends, family, he deceased, etc.

If they were friends since HS, and his only sin is 'not talking to yall', that man still has the EQUITY for you to just say ' hey, idk man, you gotta ask chris'. You dont put family business out there like that just bc you not fikin with him at the time. Period.

Come on man, you have a very soft definition of "? on someone." Did you watch those vids?

He basically said CWebb hasn't wanted anything to do with him lately, but that's still his brother and they will bounce back. Where is the ? part?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this all about?

@S2J Rose didnt come out of nowhere it was C-webb that said some ? in an interview and the OP was Jalen's response .. but what c webb said, im paraphrasing but it was something along the line of Rose wanted the fab 5 doc to be about him and not the group.. and only told him once a week ahead of time about it being made (which rose and jimmy king say is ? ) and thats why he wasnt in it .. HES making a doc to tell the truth and writing a book yadadada

Ok, that changes a lot. BUT, since Jalen has had a voice out here for about 5 years now, this is what i been consistently hearin from him

Now i remember that, and that was unsolicited, so imo my point still stands : jalen is foul for that

If i go back years w/ a mfer, i know his fam and vice verse, but we just fall out bc ife happens (bruh that happens A LOT), what do i look like goin on tellin people about 'the real you'. All bc in Jalen mind he disrespected Ed Martin posthumously

U can't play both sides tho. Esp with Webber blatantly lying and tgrowing folk at Michigan who helped him under the bus. if u being fake to ur friends they gonna pull ur card. Jalen is being nice cuz he really could go in worse but isn't outta love
  • S2J
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    What is this all about?

@S2J Rose didnt come out of nowhere it was C-webb that said some ? in an interview and the OP was Jalen's response .. but what c webb said, im paraphrasing but it was something along the line of Rose wanted the fab 5 doc to be about him and not the group.. and only told him once a week ahead of time about it being made (which rose and jimmy king say is ? ) and thats why he wasnt in it .. HES making a doc to tell the truth and writing a book yadadada

Ok, that changes a lot. BUT, since Jalen has had a voice out here for about 5 years now, this is what i been consistently hearin from him

Now i remember that, and that was unsolicited, so imo my point still stands : jalen is foul for that

If i go back years w/ a mfer, i know his fam and vice verse, but we just fall out bc ife happens (bruh that happens A LOT), what do i look like goin on tellin people about 'the real you'. All bc in Jalen mind he disrespected Ed Martin posthumously

U can't play both sides tho. Esp with Webber blatantly lying and tgrowing folk at Michigan who helped him under the bus. if u being fake to ur friends they gonna pull ur card. Jalen is being nice cuz he really could go in worse but isn't outta love

Unles im mistaken, and hey i might be, the whole lying and throqing people under the bus was all in the way of court and grand jurys n such

If you know the specifics lemme know, but from i know, he basically went out on some 'Wait a minute, im not putin ALL this ? on my back when qe qas ALL gettin over'

? bless the dead, but Ed Martin DID illegally give him money. So i dont know how he threw nggas under the bus. The mfer was not tryin to go to jail for lying- --i believe. Now this gon make me go do my googles

Ill b bxkx lol
  • S2J
    Options
    @aneed123

I was right. I highly suggest yall read the case info wiki before believing what Jalen says as gospel

cwebb didnt ? on Ed Martin. Ed Martin came under federal indictment for gambling which is the only reason all the college money came up. Webber lied time n time again lookin out for dude , but then under Martin's fed case ed martin admitted to givin cwebb money which is how it was found out he lied. Thats why cwebb was facin real time

So what type relationship would you have with a guy who says you 'rolled on ed martin' when you didn't, and when jalen got the same money they all did. Ed martin died waitin to be sentencd.

Dozens of players got money since HS from Martin, but Webber was the biggest name so he took the biggest hit,even in a way bein a scapegoat for Martin himself---and everybody's lokin at him crazy.

Now THAT is some ? that makes sense as to why you hold lifelong grudges, this ? aint about no time out.

Anyway, if you care to get the real deal here you go

In September 2002, Webber was indicted on five charges, including obstruction of justice and lying to a federal grand jury, for having misrepresented his relationship with Martin. Each charge was punishable by five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.[37][38] He vowed to fight the charges.[38]

Martin pleaded guilty to running an illegal lottery at the Ford Motors plant he worked at to provide proceeds for the players. Martin testified that he paid Webber $280,000 in cash and gifts, but as of January 2003 Webber denied receipt of money from Martin and maintained that he had testified truthfully to a grand jury in 2000 on such matters.[39] Martin stated that there was always an understanding that the money would be repaid after the players became professionals.[40] In the 2000 grand jury investigation, Webber had been asked about whether his off-campus apartment rent had been paid by Martin and whether he had received spending money, jewelry, clothing or a stereo. Webber generally responded by saying either that he could not recall or that he did not think he had received such gifts.[39] However, prosecutors say that Webber, after turning professional, gave Martin ''a significant sum of money, in cash, as a partial repayment.''[39] In December 2002, Webber's father admitted he had accepted gifts and a small loan from Martin, which contradicted earlier statements.[37][39] Prosecutors also accused Webber's aunt of lying about a meeting she had with Martin in the updated filing.[39]

Chris Webber, his father, Mayce Webber, and aunt, Charlene Johnson, were also indicted on charges of having lied to a federal grand jury regarding dealings with Martin.[41] The University had attempted three previous investigations and was not successful at gathering enough evidence to proceed further until the federal government got involved.[41] In January 2003, the federal prosecutors filed more detailed indictments against Webber and his relatives for obstruction of justice and perjury.[39]
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather kick it and drink a beer with Jalen Rose than Chris Webber for what that's worth.
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea but Jalen drags himself down when he brings it up. Makes him look just as bad

Sound like he got a lil Scottie Pippen, Lloyd Banks syndrom, where no matter how big you get you forever linked to a 'bigger' star.

What he gon say when CWebb in the hall of fame? The more time passes, the more petty ROSE seems for keep bringing it up. Cwebb mindin his own business, his personal ? is just that, HIS ? . Rose the only one ever bringing this ? up. "you dont talk to us", ngga yall grown as ?

Webb going to da hall?? Ion know bout all dat bruh