Minister Louis Farrakhan on The Breakfast Club

123457»

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just curious why Farrakhan hasnt been bodied.

Not that I wish death on him or anything like that. But for someone that claims to be so progressive and militant as he claims he is he would be public enemy #1.

Anybody thats been on some black power ? has been dealt with more times then not.

Why has he stood the test of time? What makes him so unfuckwittable? What keeps the government off of him?

This isnt me bashing the man I just want to know because it seems like he has eluded consequences when others in his position weren't so fortunate.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have to ? you if they can ignore and discredit you. I'm no follower of Farrakhan but like he said at the beginning, he has virtually been banned from the mainstream media. They only mention his name if it's something negative.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    jono wrote: »
    They don't have to ? you if they can ignore and discredit you. I'm no follower of Farrakhan but like he said at the beginning, he has virtually been banned from the mainstream media. They only mention his name if it's something negative.

He hasn't been killed, discredited, or had his organization shut down.
    That should be enough to raise a red flag.
    The system isn't letting any real threat slide like "let's just ignore him and hopefully the people will do the same."
    Too easy to backfire. Too many loose ends open. The system plays for keeps, not 'win or lose, we had some fun.' Any real threat will be met with termination attempts until its extinguished.
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    You (few) Farrakhan haters haven't changed any minds or contributed anything to this Thread but Division, Slander, Low Self Esteem, and Slander.

Thank you for being such a giant help to the Afro-American Community you ? Agent Smiths

First and foremost, let's make this about the message. Its the responsibility of all righteous people to spread positivity and enlightenment, as well as to uplift those around them. If anyone finds those aspects to be true in the word's of Farrakhan or anyone else, then they need to go spread that to others to help them. Its all of our obligation to do so. However, it shouldn't be done under the flag of any organization, movement, or progressive thought stream simply because that was where the person got their information from. It should be done out of our duty to improve life for those around us.

The issue here will arise anytime there is an organized backing, or when the herald purports themselves to be a leader. In any instance such as this, the messenger and/or organization must be examined even more closely than the message itself. Anything less would be lax in discipline, which is a very exploitable weakness. Lack of discipline is a set-up for failure, through and through.

Which leaders, the ones who were out there with the power to move people and that had a plan to make real change, ever got a pass?
    Farrakhan seems to get one. Why is that? I can't find a legit reason, so I can't deem his intentions safe. I also can't in good faith support him or his movement because of this. I can, however, take the gems he drops, examine them, clean them up if need be, and spread them to those that lack.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    p-tavern wrote: »

The system isn't letting any real threat slide like "let's just ignore him and hopefully the people will do the same."
    Too easy to backfire. Too many loose ends open. The system plays for keeps, not 'win or lose, we had some fun.' Any real threat will be met with termination attempts until its extinguished.

You (few) Farrakhan haters haven't changed any minds or contributed anything to this Thread but Division, Slander, Low Self Esteem, and Slander.

Thank you for being such a giant help to the Afro-American Community you ? Agent Smiths

First and foremost, let's make this about the message. Its the responsibility of all righteous people to spread positivity and enlightenment, as well as to uplift those around them. If anyone finds those aspects to be true in the word's of Farrakhan or anyone else, then they need to go spread that to others to help them. Its all of our obligation to do so. However, it shouldn't be done under the flag of any organization, movement, or progressive thought stream simply because that was where the person got their information from. It should be done out of our duty to improve life for those around us.

The issue here will arise anytime there is an organized backing, or when the herald purports themselves to be a leader. In any instance such as this, the messenger and/or organization must be examined even more closely than the message itself. Anything less would be lax in discipline, which is a very exploitable weakness. Lack of discipline is a set-up for failure, through and through.

Which leaders, the ones who were out there with the power to move people and that had a plan to make real change, ever got a pass?
    Farrakhan seems to get one. Why is that? I can't find a legit reason, so I can't deem his intentions safe. I also can't in good faith support him or his movement because of this. I can, however, take the gems he drops, examine them, clean them up if need be, and spread them to those that lack.

Muhfuckas have made careers out of debunking Nation of Islam doctrines. Are we gonna sit here and state that the NOI haven't been called a racist and anti-semetic organization? In the interview they mentioned how Obama had to "disavow" Farrakhan, if he wasn't discredited then why wasn't it okay for him to cosign Obama?

Ironically, there are a large number of morons that think just like Farrakhan that haven't been killed either so I guess they are all "agents".

Contrary to popular belief they don't believe in making martyrs.
  • p-tavern
    edited June 2015
    p-tavern wrote: »

Muhfuckas have made careers out of debunking Nation of Islam doctrines. Are we gonna sit here and state that the NOI haven't been called a racist and anti-semetic organization? In the interview they mentioned how Obama had to "disavow" Farrakhan, if he wasn't discredited then why wasn't it okay for him to cosign Obama?

Ironically, there are a large number of morons that think just like Farrakhan that haven't been killed either so I guess they are all "agents".

Contrary to popular belief they don't believe in making martyrs.

They've made a career out of attacking a doctrine that predates Farrakhan himself. I'm not speaking on the NOI, I'm referring to Farrakhan alone.
    Obama is a figurehead/puppet imo. If you look how the pre-election process takes place, I don't see how anyone can argue that he wasn't 'placed' into power, just like any other presentational candidate and eventual figurehead. The man works for the system. If we disagree on that, then we probably won't see eye to eye on much here, but regardless, healthy debate is good for everyone.
    With that being said, of course Obama isn't going to accept a cosign, because then people would start scratching their heads. Does that mean he doesn't rep the same system that allows Farrakhan to thrive? No. It means they're both following the same playbook. This type of strategy may not be surface apparent, but its not that complex either.

I don't feel Farrakhan is an agent for what he speaks on. I feel he's an agent because, as previously mentioned by someone else in this thread, he organizes the willing and then has them sit on their hands. He also aligns himself with those that the NOI historically would never consider being cordial with.

Correct, they don't like making martyrs unless its a last resort. Its much more efficient to silence and discredit through other means, and with less backlash to boot. That's all simple enough to pull off with cointelpro. So, again, if the system saw him as a threat then he'd be out. He isn't. Doesn't add up right for me personally.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    @p-tavern you have an Individualistic Attitude about a Community Pandemic.

That type of thinking is Cancerous. And we've been conditioned (in more modern times) to Be For Self and Only About Self. Which is why we aren't getting anywhere.

You bring up good points but they're irrelevant to the bigger picture.

I repeat, we have no Real Real Leaders out there that speak for us and aren't just on some "Kumbyah, let's be peaceful even if we're gettin ? " ?
  • p-tavern
    edited June 2015
    I completely agree with the conditioning, though I'm not sure how I fit the bill of being individualistic in regards to what I've put out in this thread. The only thing I have brought up as far as individuals go is the need to take personal responsibility to do one's own part for the group. I said there is a need to enlighten others, that way everyone becomes a part of a stronger whole. Maybe it sounded different from the outside looking in, in which case I ask you fill me in with a specific example of something I said that is inline with an "individualistic attitude."

I also agree there are no real leaders that are about action, on a large scale level at least. I also don't think Farrakhan is a legit mover. He talks a good game, but that's it. There's no true desire for action beyond rhetoric with him. Just because there is a void doesn't mean we should rush to fill it, without first fully examining the piece we put in place.

I feel a good leader is one that gives people the tools and enthusiasm to organize themselves, not one that tells people what to do or how to think. The leader is nothing in comparison to the enlightenment and power of a group. No man should be idolized, and therefore, no man is above scrutiny. If we're talking about a bigger picture, than one man means nothing, regardless of position.
  • phukkyou2
    But this is War. The "step back, calm down, and think about it" approach is outdated and frankly we've been doing that.

And no-one is talking idolatry here.

My thing is, why are you going out of your way to tell us to fall back from his Network? Are you Cointel-Pro? Word is out how y'all get down, word to ISIS
  • p-tavern
    edited June 2015
    I never suggested anyone step back or calm down. In fact, I specifically said Farrakhan is all talk. So if you're about action, I don't see how he's your man. Feel free to explain otherwise.

Like I said, no one is above scrutiny. You came in here calling people "haters" for criticizing the man, without addressing what was said about him. So if that's not idolatry, what is it?

I didn't say fall back from his network, I said I personally don't trust his intentions. Again, a good leader gets people to organize themselves and the people make the moves from there. He has not bore fruit in that regard, to my knowledge. If he has, feel free to drop something.

So far you have, seemingly intentionally, twisted every point I made, as well as 'put words in my mouth.'
    You also never counter anything directly, and most of your responses are generalizations.
    I'm not going to stoop to nonsense name calling, but if you're gonna point a finger like that then you'd probably be best to not employ the tactics of the those you claim to be apart from.
    I've been nothing short of transparent and clear in all my statements. If you disagree, go ahead and point out something specific that you draw your conclusion from. Otherwise, what are you really doing here?
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly suggest my intelligent brothers in here viewing things thru the lens of sound right reasoning to stop speaking to the "mummies" and the mentally dead..

Once he stated he drinks malt liquor,all conversations should of ended

You muthafuckas are not in your right minds
  • phukkyou2
    Uh oh. My man had a gimmick, ran with it and failed. Now he's trying to find likeminded People so he can feel like he's in the majority so he can sleep better at night.

? off Bob
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT interview... Love how he kept i real bout Mayweather and Peterson. Best part was him breaking down how white folk doctored MLK's image.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He also spit the real about black folk pooling their money together. ? wont do it cuz they want their money and dont care about th people as a whole. That ? he said bout Buffet prolly giving Floyd bad advice on purpose and ? them "new" endorsement coming all of sudden was them hiding in the dark to ? up his money was golden. "? u did all that on ur own without them""They tried to limit u. oh u aint worth that 20 mil." I know the whole Louis X thing is bad pub but Bro Farrakhan has a genuine love for his people and doesnt hold his tongue worrying about hurting feelings with his brutal honesty.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for nothing, What did Minister Farrakhan say that we didn't already know? This was your typical long winded Farrakhan rhetoric that offered absolutely zero solutions. You have to to 1:17:00 before he offers any solutions and when he does, he half assed mentions it.

Seriously though, is mass gathering of negroes on the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March actually needed? Unless, cats are talking about delaying the opening by having a sit in at the Capitol, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Supreme Court, the White House, the Federal Reserve, The U.S. Treasury, the Bureau of Printing and Engraving, and the U.S. Mint, this is going to be yet another empty ass protest.

Instead of a gathering a bunch of ? en masse on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and hearing a bunch of ? that we've heard ad nauseam, how about Farrakhan call together a ? economic summit of influential and wealthy black people so we can devise a strategy of getting these white folks up off of our ? . We need strategies on getting people loans for businesses, getting the public schools to educate our children properly and/or starting character schools, e.g. Jalen Rose, (who's charter school is going to send 100% of school's graduates to college,) encouraging our people to become judges and lawyers, so we can have a sympathetic ear in the judiciary, funding groups like the NAACP so they can look out for the interests of black do what they used to do and fight for via the courts, and act as our lobbying group. If you want to be perfectly honest, Farrakhan is only a few steps removed from the same feckless and inept black leadership that he was going in on. It's just his willingness to address certain issues that he gets a pass from most ? . Personally, I'm cool on the N.O.I. and here's why.

so are we gonna look past the possible malcolm x connection?

You mean the rumor getting him killed?

malcolm-x-window.gif?w=440&h=635
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Yeah, let's ignore the fact that the NOI was the ? who threw dat molotov that bounced off his daughter's window. He wasn't looking for THE ? in that famous photo w/ the M-1 Garand and the window..... Why Do ? Give the NOI a Pass On Murkin' Malcolm? http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/500839/why-do-? -give-the-noi-a-pass-on-murkin-malcolm/p2

Out of all of the black militant groups from the Civil Rights Era that were advocates of self defense, only one, (the Nation of Islam,) is still in existence and you have to ask yourself, why? I'm the first to admit that the Nation had a positive effect on a lot dudes lives, but the fact remains that as far as Brother Malcolm's death is concerned, they were complicit in that ? , and I for one will always few them as suspect.

Aside from hearing some feel good speeches and seeing the broad that Snoop was talking about in Pac's All Bout U ('cept now she's down there with her daughter,) the only thing that's going to benefit follow the Million Man Twentieth Anniversary March, are a few airlines, bus companies, Amtrak, and the DMV metro area's hospitality industry.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    always on pt, but he threw me talking about black males were being extinct and given a serum at birth and a kennedy told him that
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    this dude has true solutions
    Solution 1: Chose a city to build ministries. These ministries was one community in Middle America where it had hospitals, small businesses, banks, colleges, police department, judicial system and an industry where it was primarily to be BLACK owned, operated in order for there to be at least one BLACK community in America where the dollar circulated 90% in a black community for the black community without leaving the black community. He asked for blacks around the country to donate money to the land he found for this purpose and asked once built that the professionals would give up their high end careers and live and serve to give this community a chance for 2 years. If you were a Lawyer in New York, you would leave your job to be a lawyer in this small town, if you were a master plumber in Detroit then you would leave and bring your skill to the small town.
    (This was in his million man march speech. It never happened but a FANTASTIC solution and BOLD idea I wish he sold more and preached more toward)

Solution 2: African Americans should focus on one industry for today and all run to this the way the Indians do to being doctors and running gas stations, the chinese do to nail shops and dry cleaning, the koreans do to hair products, the mexicans are doing to sharecropping and fixing houses.
    The solution was for every Af. American that could to focus on buying property, houses, land for investment purposes and not just to live in.

I've been saying solution 2 for about 4 years now and been thinking that land was the answer to. I'll take it to my other thought and say to buy land to sell and to then link up with black property owners and start a mortgage company (like Bankers Financial Group) and start lending money to blacks and continuing to buy mortgages and sell them along with property.

I put up a SOLUTIONS thread for Black folks, but nobody bit on it. Many can talk about our problems and what we do wrong or compare us to WHITE people Chinese or Latinos, but when you just pose the question of positivity for solutions and I get crickets....................I guess just like Farrakhan's ministries he tried to put up.

Crazy as hell to compare a thread to Farakkhans' ministries. ? it, did it. Peace