Leaked! New Xbox One with "1TB(850GB) of space" Model With Halo MC Collection Listed on Amazon.com

2»

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    lol Being excited about this when you've always had the option to upgrade your hard drives for PS4. Like Samson said, you can go to Amazon and get a 1 TB SSHD that will not only give you more space but speed up your system.

Those SSHDs are ? expensive though
    This is true for the good ones. But the bootleg ones are a little cheaper. Still too much just for some ? space though. Also what people don't want to talk about is that using non playstation and xbox external or internal hard drives comes with a big risk. Doing this has been known to cause problems and even corrupt your data. If you a risk taker this would be cool. But if you not(like me) you wouldn't ? with off brand ? .

It was cool to do this up to the ps1, dreamcast, N64, Xbox era. But after that, the tech started getting all advanced and problems started popping up. Casual gamers don't really care about the risk though.

My point is that we shouldn't even have to be doing all this extra ? (for a long time) in the first place.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the XBO option of an external HD better. Its just easier to plug in a USB for one, and second, you still have all your internal space plus whatever you want to add to it. With the PS4 you are upgrading from scratch.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Being excited about this when you've always had the option to upgrade your hard drives for PS4. Like Samson said, you can go to Amazon and get a 1 TB SSHD that will not only give you more space but speed up your system.

Those SSHDs are ? expensive though
    This is true for the good ones. But the bootleg ones are a little cheaper. Still too much just for some ? space though. Also what people don't want to talk about is that using non playstation and xbox external or internal hard drives comes with a big risk. Doing this has been known to cause problems and even corrupt your data. If you a risk taker this would be cool. But if you not(like me) you wouldn't ? with off brand ? .

It was cool to do this up to the ps1, dreamcast, N64, Xbox era. But after that, the tech started getting all advanced and problems started popping up. Casual gamers don't really care about the risk though.

My point is that we shouldn't even have to be doing all this extra ? (for a long time) in the first place.

Sony encourages replacing the HDD, Sony doesnt even make playstation harddrives
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I like the XBO option of an external HD better. Its just easier to plug in a USB for one, and second, you still have all your internal space plus whatever you want to add to it. With the PS4 you are upgrading from scratch.

That's a fair point. That said transferring data over the USB is slower than just having a good hard drive in the system. And there are transfer kits that will let you clone your drive so you don't have to start from scratch. It will run you an extra 20 - 30 for the kit though.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes forever to install games on XBOX One, got damn!