Asap Rocky-At.Long.Last.ASAP Album Thread (6-2)

191011121315»

Comments

• jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    lazypakman wrote: »
    jon0hyfbg wrote: »
    im still looking at reviews for this album instead of listening to it, but I'm still not ready to sit though it. Too many mixed reviews, but mostly folk are saying it ain't as good as his previous works. Honestly I probably wont get around to it until september or so...

Are you not capable of forming your own opinion?

It's a sickness nowadays.

i listened to three songs before he dropped it, strait bullshyt. why waste my time when that's what reviews are for. thats what the sickness is, you fstw cause Rocky ain't gettin a good reception? that's yo homeboy or something cause then I'd understand :-w

ok, so why not jut say you haven't liked anything that you've heard from the album (like you just did, well done for managing to express this) , rather than 'the majority doesn't seem to be feeling it so preemptively neither will i".then you have a legit reason for not wanting to listen to it rather than following the crowd.

reviews will also tell you (by people who actually get paid to do this thing) that the general consensus is its a pretty good album (75% on metacritic) if you really want to argue that fact as well.

naw, thats ok. outta curiosity tho, how would you rate this alongside Love Live ASAP?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im still looking at reviews for this album instead of listening to it, but I'm still not ready to sit though it. Too many mixed reviews, but mostly folk are saying it ain't as good as his previous works. Honestly I probably wont get around to it until september or so...

Are you not capable of forming your own opinion?

It's a sickness nowadays.

i listened to three songs before he dropped it, strait bullshyt. why waste my time when that's what reviews are for. thats what the sickness is, you fstw cause Rocky ain't gettin a good reception? that's yo homeboy or something cause then I'd understand :-w

ok, so why not jut say you haven't liked anything that you've heard from the album (like you just did, well done for managing to express this) , rather than 'the majority doesn't seem to be feeling it so preemptively neither will i".then you have a legit reason for not wanting to listen to it rather than following the crowd.

reviews will also tell you (by people who actually get paid to do this thing) that the general consensus is its a pretty good album (75% on metacritic) if you really want to argue that fact as well.

naw, thats ok. outta curiosity tho, how would you rate this alongside Love Live ASAP?

this isn't as savvy (in a commercial sense) as his first album, i like albums that tend to flow as whole for the most part, and this effort certainly fits in that category.the production is a lot more restrained but lyrically his flow is as nice as its ever been.

right now i like it more than long live ASAP maybe because the singles off that were played out to me before the album even dropped whereas i stayed away from everything that came off this which means its getting more replay value out of me.
  • ChiBulls87
    ChiBulls87 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    I thought this a was dope album.
  • ChiBulls87
  • ChiBulls87
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    ? em let the welfare feed em, transco jobot 1993 with many more trans df express
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    I liked the album /shrugs
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought it was trash when heard it once but later it grew on me. It's good project
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭