Who is the best current basketball player in the world?

2»

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the best current basketball player in the world?
    I saw a couple posts insinuating lebron isnt the best and several people agreeing, as well as several idiotic fb posts such as "lebron not the best that ? gotta get open just to make a shot" or "obviously steph won mvp so he's the best in the world" so im tryna determine n be schooled on who currently is the best
    i had more options such as norris cole, Kobe bryant and other but i accidentally hit enter

i8qe70CnGMB3b.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems as ridiculous as ? saying lebron not the best in the world

doesnt it?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2015
    lol i see some of yall aint read the last page of the nba thread, so now yall thinkin i think lebron not the best either, either that or uve never seen any of my sarcasm posts b4, read the first post u quoted it should be obvious..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Durant
    blu197 wrote: »
    A 23 year old KD averaged 30pts on 54% in the Finals while Bron averaged 28pts on 47% yet Bron gave KD work on offense and defense lmaooo all the best players in the NBA are in the Western Conference, the East best talent is washed ? from the 03 draft so of course it's cake walk for Bron to always go deep in the playoffs but more likely than not take Ls when he's meets a Western Conference opponent in the Finals....

Only ppl that thinks he's still the "best in the world" is Bron lovers and ESPN, Bron himself didn't even believe that ? when he said it, ? looked like he saw KD in the crowd after he said that dumb ? ...

? flagged this for whatever reason

Sonned that ? s2k ?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an abhorrent OP, TS.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? acting like Curry is a youngster

? is just 3 years younger then Bron.

I would never pick him over Bron, KD, AD or P. George.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant/AD
    4. Curry
    5. Westbrook/Harden
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    R.D. wrote: »
    A 23 year old KD averaged 30pts on 54% in the Finals while Bron averaged 28pts on 47% yet Bron gave KD work on offense and defense lmaooo all the best players in the NBA are in the Western Conference, the East best talent is washed ? from the 03 draft so of course it's cake walk for Bron to always go deep in the playoffs but more likely than not take Ls when he's meets a Western Conference opponent in the Finals....

Only ppl that thinks he's still the "best in the world" is Bron lovers and ESPN, Bron himself didn't even believe that ? when he said it, ? looked like he saw KD in the crowd after he said that dumb ? ...

Sonned that ? s2k ?

lets hear ur reasoning for kd over lebron, or u gon go with what blu said?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron is the most overrated ? un the NBA, i remember last year when KD was running the league and winning MVP lebron said some hater ? ? like "i wish i could take that many shots a game" implying that what makes KD good is bc of high volume shooting or some ? , and ? ate that up sayin he'd avg 45+ on a good % if he had the green light to put up 30+FGA, so the Finals come and he gets his chance and what happens?? 35PPG on 35FGA on less than 40%FG 28% from the perimeter with single coverage and a bunch of FTs lmaoo...

Lebron has very mediocre skills, the ? got lazy a long time ago, bought into his own hype and never worked his game in the summer... He has a broke jump shot, terrible foot work, barley passable handle, no post game, terrible off ball offensive player (he does nothing if he doesn't have the ball, doesn't try to cut, doesn't try to get open, not ? ) his individual defense has been overrated since he left Cavs the 1st time (still a solid help defender), his off ball defense is ? ass (that's why he never once tried to guard Klay or Steph off ball like many delusional ? thought he would and why Iggy stayed on an island knocking down so many open shots it got him the FMVP)...

All Lebron has is great physical gifts and a good feel for the game....
  • R.D.
    Kevin Durant

Sonned that ? s2k ?

That ? kinda extra with it cause he him but as far as LeBron outplaying him in the finals on both ends is what S2K said and Blu clearly proved that was false

Besides that, the numbers during both of their last full seasons say KD is better

Like Blu said, the ? talk and act like he by far better than anybody or got another gear the rest of these ? don't

He got the opportunity to take on the scoring load and all that ? about what he would do if he had certain opportunities ain't occur

No 60 point games
    No championship
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anthony Davis
    Lebron is the most overrated ? un the NBA, i remember last year when KD was running the league and winning MVP lebron said some hater ? ? like "i wish i could take that many shots a game" implying that what makes KD good is bc of high volume shooting or some ? , and ? ate that up sayin he'd avg 45+ on a good % if he had the green light to put up 30+FGA, so the Finals come and he gets his chance and what happens?? 35PPG on 35FGA on less than 40%FG 28% from the perimeter with single coverage and a bunch of FTs lmaoo...

Lebron has very mediocre skills, the ? got lazy a long time ago, bought into his own hype and never worked his game in the summer... He has a broke jump shot, terrible foot work, barley passable handle, no post game, terrible off ball offensive player (he does nothing if he doesn't have the ball, doesn't try to cut, doesn't try to get open, not ? ) his individual defense has been overrated since he left Cavs the 1st time (still a solid help defender), his off ball defense is ? ass (that's why he never once tried to guard Klay or Steph off ball like many delusional ? thought he would and why Iggy stayed on an island knocking down so many open shots it got him the FMVP)...

Preach to these sheeple brother man. Lebron is a good streetball player in the nba. who gets away with traveling offensive fouls, no jump shot, no killer instinct, but he's the best in the world.....lollololol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? said Paul George..

lutherisgone.gif
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it sounds crazy now, but 7 years from now it wont..Curry will be a top 10 greatest player all time, 2nd most transcendent behind MJ, and will finish his career with 2MVPs/4 rings minimum....facts.

As far as whos the best right now it's..

Curry
    LB
    KD
    AD
    Harden
    Russ
    CP3
    Gasol
    Blake
    Melo

In that order.
  • R.D.
    Kevin Durant
    who's Melo?
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are all facts tbh, except he is decent in the post (especially as a facilitator) and great in transition with or w/o the ball in his hands...also has solid on ball D, especially when hes focused.

But yea, the physical gifts combined with the extraordinary high Bball IQ negates all the other flaws in his game and essentially makes him the top 5-7 all time player that he is...word.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anthony Davis
    chasin i agree he is good in the post
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2015

Sonned that ? s2k ?

That ? kinda extra with it cause he him but as far as LeBron outplaying him in the finals on both ends is what S2K said and Blu clearly proved that was false

Besides that, the numbers during both of their last full seasons say KD is better

Like Blu said, the ? talk and act like he by far better than anybody or got another gear the rest of these ? don't

He got the opportunity to take on the scoring load and all that ? about what he would do if he had certain opportunities ain't occur

No 60 point games
    No championship

durant has these?

durant numbers being better shouldnt be a shock, we all know the only plays scott brooks had was durant iso, westbrook iso, westbrook please pass to durant. durant has better scoring and slightly better rebounding numbers(i think)

i aint tryna say its a huge gap and yall kno i think of durant as the obvious 2nd best in the world.

btw didnt yall down the man for "being passive" and "shying away", now when he talk that ? he a ? ? which is it.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, i would still say LeBron for the next season or 2.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Bron just lead a finals series in points, assists, and rebounds....in both teams. Got two triple doubles in the finals against the best team in the league. Historic stats. For the first part of the series, steph was held to role player status by a white dude no one had heard of. We being real with this ? ??

What's funny is the amount of hate dude gets. U ask ? why they hate him and u can't get a real answer. "He made 'the decision'". Oh, ok. He's a black man that was able to control the direction of his career. ? mad at that?? "We'll knock a player for building a great team but praise a GM for doing the exact same thing?? He built a super team". Jordan got bullied out the playoffs every year until pippen showed up, Kobes first three came with him not being the finals mvp and his last 2 saw a dominant Gasol and a healthy Bynum.

Point is, u need at least two superstars to win a chip. "He'll never be MJ". Newsflash for ? that may be slow to life: no one will ever win chips in the exact same fashion as Mike. It won't happen. So now that that's out the , who in the league is ? with Bron again?? It's even more telling that, when asked by ? that actually play against him, they say he's best. They must only be saying that for the gram though....

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @manofmorehouse these ? delusional man.

They hate on Bron like there life depends on it
    They even putting Steph Curry above legends ... Smh

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/532881/is-steph-curry-a-top-5-all-time-pg-today
  • R.D.
    Kevin Durant
    Bron just lead a finals series in points, assists, and rebounds....in both teams. Got two triple doubles in the finals against the best team in the league. Historic stats. For the first part of the series, steph was held to role player status by a white dude no one had heard of. We being real with this ? ??

What's funny is the amount of hate dude gets. U ask ? why they hate him and u can't get a real answer. "He made 'the decision'". Oh, ok. He's a black man that was able to control the direction of his career. ? mad at that?? "We'll knock a player for building a great team but praise a GM for doing the exact same thing?? He built a super team". Jordan got bullied out the playoffs every year until pippen showed up, Kobes first three came with him not being the finals mvp and his last 2 saw a dominant Gasol and a healthy Bynum.

Point is, u need at least two superstars to win a chip. "He'll never be MJ". Newsflash for ? that may be slow to life: no one will ever win chips in the exact same fashion as Mike. It won't happen. So now that that's out the , who in the league is ? with Bron again?? It's even more telling that, when asked by ? that actually play against him, they say he's best. They must only be saying that for the gram though....

Get off his ? day day

And while you at it, name the second superstar for the Warriors

He led both teams in usage, I would hope his numbers reflected that
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Second best player on their squad is Thompson.

Here's a link to back up everything i said. Rebuttal?

http://sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/17/8795727/lebron-james-stats-nba-finals-cavaliers-warriors-michael-jordan
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anthony Davis
    Brow down ? .