Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

On the downside the kryptonians could of used some diversity in the ethnic department....besides that and the slightly rushed romance between clark & lois I had no complaints.

They could always introduce Vathlo Island in flashbacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vathlo_Island

I remember this being posted before....that would be a cool idea...but I really wish they would introduce milestone characters down the line instead of that other group of heroes w/capes DC announced theyre working on. Imagine a teaser trailer showing a space pod landing in a plantation....They should at least attach ICON to the universe.

DC had a contract for a couple of decades of licensing those Milestone characters and exclusively publishing them.

Here's the thing: DC doesn't exclusively publish Milestone anymore. By proxy that extends to not being able to use the characters in other media without dealing directly with Milestone. When McDuffie died that whole shabang that was going on before went with him may he R.I.P.

Milestone is being relaunched soon but this time in addition to DC there will be other publishers like an Image or IDW that they would license some characters to for publishing as well. Milestone is going to be more independently run again and it's for the better. Again they still work with DC and DC is even making a Static webshow but they will work with everybody else too. That was the dream those brothers had back then in the early 90's and I'm glad it's being ran that way now.

So I think the only bet would probably be if they introduce the multiverse concept in Superman movies as a way to lead to appearance by one of the different Black Supermen across the DC multiverse. The Supermen in these pics here:

2yvtf92.jpg

1f8cpx.jpg

MULTIVG_1_34.jpg

foi3pl.jpg

Then you have Black Lightning who is arguably their most prominent black hero for the 25 and over crowd and of course the Batman fans. This was one of the characters Dwayne McDuffie was inspired by when he created Static and he regularly teamed up with Static in the comics once DC opened up the mainstream verse to the Milestone characters more.

tumblr_lsf9dpMa8Z1qc4814o1_500.jpg

The thing is though again they have to deal with somebody. In this case Tony Isabella a very smart man who did not create Black Lightning as a work for hire. Therefore DC doesn't fully own him they must consent Isabella every time they will publish a comic book series outside of Batman & The Outsiders where he's typically second in command to Bats.

That's why the character Black Vulcan even existed on Superfriends. It was supposed to be Black Lightning but Isabella vetoed that.

Funny thing is he then wrote a comic where Black Vulcan meets Black Lightning

bl10i.jpg

Black Lightning ends up being ok with Black Vulcan as a human being cause that's how Jefferson Pierce rolls. He doesn't turn his back on people he's supposed to inspire them. It's why he played such a key role in Final Crisis and basically got the Tattooed Man to go from villain to hero by influencing him and showing him his true worth.

So I guess it was either Cyborg or Steel and they went with Cyborg cause he's older but they took the one thing he did have; his best friends (Donna, Kori, Raven, Beast Boy, Grayson, Wally etc.) and tried to sit him at the grown up table to mixed reactions.

They totally could showcase Mr. Terrific at any time though and they probably should. They have an opening through Batman just like they would with Black Lightning if it wasn't for the Isabella deal. Mr. Terrific before Flashpoint was one of the people Bruce Wayne respected most and considered a genuine peer. So they could use that in the movies as an influence as a way to give the character a reason to pop up in their movie verse.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nubia sure looks like Beyonce.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the best superman movie ever made! I watch the blu ray once a week
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

On the downside the kryptonians could of used some diversity in the ethnic department....besides that and the slightly rushed romance between clark & lois I had no complaints.

They could always introduce Vathlo Island in flashbacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vathlo_Island

I remember this being posted before....that would be a cool idea...but I really wish they would introduce milestone characters down the line instead of that other group of heroes w/capes DC announced theyre working on. Imagine a teaser trailer showing a space pod landing in a plantation....They should at least attach ICON to the universe.

DC had a contract for a couple of decades of licensing those Milestone characters and exclusively publishing them.

Here's the thing: DC doesn't exclusively publish Milestone anymore. By proxy that extends to not being able to use the characters in other media without dealing directly with Milestone. When McDuffie died that whole shabang that was going on before went with him may he R.I.P.

Milestone is being relaunched soon but this time in addition to DC there will be other publishers like an Image or IDW that they would license some characters to for publishing as well. Milestone is going to be more independently run again and it's for the better. Again they still work with DC and DC is even making a Static webshow but they will work with everybody else too. That was the dream those brothers had back then in the early 90's and I'm glad it's being ran that way now.

So I think the only bet would probably be if they introduce the multiverse concept in Superman movies as a way to lead to appearance by one of the different Black Supermen across the DC multiverse. The Supermen in these pics here:

2yvtf92.jpg

1f8cpx.jpg

MULTIVG_1_34.jpg

foi3pl.jpg

Then you have Black Lightning who is arguably their most prominent black hero for the 25 and over crowd and of course the Batman fans. This was one of the characters Dwayne McDuffie was inspired by when he created Static and he regularly teamed up with Static in the comics once DC opened up the mainstream verse to the Milestone characters more.

tumblr_lsf9dpMa8Z1qc4814o1_500.jpg

The thing is though again they have to deal with somebody. In this case Tony Isabella a very smart man who did not create Black Lightning as a work for hire. Therefore DC doesn't fully own him they must consent Isabella every time they will publish a comic book series outside of Batman & The Outsiders where he's typically second in command to Bats.

That's why the character Black Vulcan even existed on Superfriends. It was supposed to be Black Lightning but Isabella vetoed that.

Funny thing is he then wrote a comic where Black Vulcan meets Black Lightning

bl10i.jpg

Black Lightning ends up being ok with Black Vulcan as a human being cause that's how Jefferson Pierce rolls. He doesn't turn his back on people he's supposed to inspire them. It's why he played such a key role in Final Crisis and basically got the Tattooed Man to go from villain to hero by influencing him and showing him his true worth.

So I guess it was either Cyborg or Steel and they went with Cyborg cause he's older but they took the one thing he did have; his best friends (Donna, Kori, Raven, Beast Boy, Grayson, Wally etc.) and tried to sit him at the grown up table to mixed reactions.

They totally could showcase Mr. Terrific at any time though and they probably should. They have an opening through Batman just like they would with Black Lightning if it wasn't for the Isabella deal. Mr. Terrific before Flashpoint was one of the people Bruce Wayne respected most and considered a genuine peer. So they could use that in the movies as an influence as a way to give the character a reason to pop up in their movie verse.

Salute for this drop.....very informative and interesting stuff I didn't know about. At least now I don't have to keep questioning about a milestone/dc movie universe,but I look forward to they're new material and STATIC web series...R.I.P DWAYNE MCDUFFIE...

As far as Mr. Terrific that is a character I wouldn't mind seeing in a live action adaptation.

This thread made me watch Man of steel again and I realized they had a Kryptonian named Car-Vex who is Chinese(mixed)..Her real name is SAMANTHA JO(TJHIA),she's a actress/martial artist/stuntwoman from Canada..She played Kitanna in Mortal Kombat Legacy 1&2 as well as a couple of other action movies.

Here's a clip of some of her work including man of steel.....
    http://youtu.be/l3hRVbv4cE4

And a couple of her martial art demonstrations...
    http://youtu.be/e7dxTPhmkCg

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    One of the aspects I liked most about this movie that I thought was epic was the scoring,it really set the tone of the film and separated it from your average campy superhero flick. I take my hat off to Han's Zimmer and his orchestra for what they contributed into making Man of Steel great.

2nd Shooting this with a hanheld camera really gave it a realistic effect. The fight scene between supe and the kryptonians felt like I was watching live footage on CNN. I know most are not a fan of this new trendy way of directing but I thought it was done well in this case since it was shot with a large budget.

I've grown to like MOS more than when I originally saw it in theatres. And thanks to on demand cable(product placement)I can watch it in HD without having to pop in the dvd.Top 5 superhero flick imo.

The Flight song is my favorite song on that soundtrack.

Mine
    if you really love these people
    and
    terraforming
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman had the woat fighting in this. ? hover then boom rushed three times and got wrecked each time he did
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman had the woat fighting in this. ? hover then boom rushed three times and got wrecked each time he did

Because he was inexperienced superman in this movie, dude went from a farm boy to fighting warriors
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Because he was inexperienced superman in this movie, dude went from a farm boy to fighting warriors

Lol... He ain't have it from the shoulders yet. Next one bet he have them hands tho