Superman Prime vs Thanos

Options
1235»

Comments

• veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »

That's just it. You don't have to prove anything. You can just say it's your opinion and leave it like that. You're the one that's acting like it's indisputable fact. I never said you had to prove it. I just pointed out that if you're going to make claims as if they are out of ? 's mouth, you might want to provide a little evidence to support them.

And you wonder why I consider you a troll....

Let's be clear about something. Superman has no chance of beating Thanos. Thanos is smart enough to figure out all of Superman's weaknesses and exploit. He's basically Lex Luthor and Darkseid combined. So stop it with this talk about regular Superman beating Thanos.

And you haven't done the same?

You're being silly. What is trollish about what I said? If something is your opinion, it's your opinon. Say it and leave it at that. If you believe something is factual or at least heavily backed by some real proof, then you need to have some of that proof. You basically implied that I was a troll earlier just because I said I don't see where Darkseid has shown anything to suggest he'd destroy Thanos. Then you called me a troll because I asked you to provide some actual reasoning behind why you made that claim. Now I'm a troll because I'm telling you that if you don't want to try and prove something, you shouldn't act as if it's indisputable fact.

And yes, I absolutely said that normal Superman has no shot against Thanos, and unlike you, I actually provided a reason. Superman has a couple exploitable weaknesses: an obvious power source that can be drained and vulnerability to a certain wavelength of radiation (i.e. kryptonite). Thanos would be capable of exploiting both of those weaknesses, so unless Thanos had absolutely no way of finding out about either weakness, Superman wouldn't even get the chance to have a prolonged battle with Thanos.

You're a troll because your logic is borderline ? .

1) Why would Thanos know what Superman's weakness is?
    2) How would Thanos know that Superman is powered by the yellow sun and/or know what Krytonite even is
    3) Why does Thanos have prep and Superman doesn't?
    4) Where is your proof that Thanos would beat Superman?

And you did acknowledge Darkseid's power because you stated that he wasn't written that way anymore. Stop with the ? .
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman won't get ? up by squirrel girl either.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's just it. You don't have to prove anything. You can just say it's your opinion and leave it like that. You're the one that's acting like it's indisputable fact. I never said you had to prove it. I just pointed out that if you're going to make claims as if they are out of ? 's mouth, you might want to provide a little evidence to support them.

Let's be clear about something. Superman has no chance of beating Thanos. Thanos is smart enough to figure out all of Superman's weaknesses and exploit. He's basically Lex Luthor and Darkseid combined. So stop it with this talk about regular Superman beating Thanos.

You're being silly. What is trollish about what I said? If something is your opinion, it's your opinon. Say it and leave it at that. If you believe something is factual or at least heavily backed by some real proof, then you need to have some of that proof. You basically implied that I was a troll earlier just because I said I don't see where Darkseid has shown anything to suggest he'd destroy Thanos. Then you called me a troll because I asked you to provide some actual reasoning behind why you made that claim. Now I'm a troll because I'm telling you that if you don't want to try and prove something, you shouldn't act as if it's indisputable fact.

And yes, I absolutely said that normal Superman has no shot against Thanos, and unlike you, I actually provided a reason. Superman has a couple exploitable weaknesses: an obvious power source that can be drained and vulnerability to a certain wavelength of radiation (i.e. kryptonite). Thanos would be capable of exploiting both of those weaknesses, so unless Thanos had absolutely no way of finding out about either weakness, Superman wouldn't even get the chance to have a prolonged battle with Thanos.

2) How would Thanos know that Superman is powered by the yellow sun and/or know what Krytonite even is

And you did acknowledge Darkseid's power because you stated that he wasn't written that way anymore. Stop with the ? .

1 and 2) You act like Superman's weakness is a secret. Any little bit of reconnaissance into Superman by Thanos, something which Thanos almost always does before going into any confrontation, will reveal those weaknesses. And even if it's a random ass battle, Thanos has the ability to sense things across the EM spectrum just like Surfer, so it's perfectly logical to believe that someone that can do that would be able to tell that the guy built like a walking battery for a certain type of radiation is reliant on that radiation.
    3) Superman can have prep. What's he going to do? Thanos doesn't have any exploitable weaknesses like that.
    4) As you yourself noted, there's no such thing as proof in a discussion like this. What we can do is build an argument that strongly supports one side of the other, and again there is a good chance Thanos will be able to figure out and capitalize on at least one of Superman's weaknesses. There isn't really much of anything Superman can do to Thanos. If Thanos can survive attacks from gods/cosmic beings like Odin, Inbetweener, Tyrant, and Galactus, there isn't much that Superman can do to him.

And I'm not sure what your problem with my statement about Darkseid is. It's common knowledge that power levels and fighting capabilities of characters fluctuate over time regardless of whether or not their is a canonical reason. It doesn't make sense to claim that current Darkseid would use a certain level of power against Thanos if he has shown that level of power in a fight in like 30 years. That the dumb way comic fanboys always argue. Ya'll always want to use nothing but the highest level feats and showings even if those feats and showings are horribly outdated or outweigh by far less impressive showings.
  • veikuri
    Options

1 and 2) You act like Superman's weakness is a secret. Any little bit of reconnaissance into Superman by Thanos, something which Thanos almost always does before going into any confrontation, will reveal those weaknesses. And even if it's a random ass battle, Thanos has the ability to sense things across the EM spectrum just like Surfer, so it's perfectly logical to believe that someone that can do that would be able to tell that the guy built like a walking battery for a certain type of radiation is reliant on that radiation.
    3) Superman can have prep. What's he going to do? Thanos doesn't have any exploitable weaknesses like that.
    4) As you yourself noted, there's no such thing as proof in a discussion like this. What we can do is build an argument that strongly supports one side of the other, and again there is a good chance Thanos will be able to figure out and capitalize on at least one of Superman's weaknesses. There isn't really much of anything Superman can do to Thanos. If Thanos can survive attacks from gods/cosmic beings like Odin, Inbetweener, Tyrant, and Galactus, there isn't much that Superman can do to him.

And I'm not sure what your problem with my statement about Darkseid is. It's common knowledge that power levels and fighting capabilities of characters fluctuate over time regardless of whether or not their is a canonical reason. It doesn't make sense to claim that current Darkseid would use a certain level of power against Thanos if he has shown that level of power in a fight in like 30 years. That the dumb way comic fanboys always argue. Ya'll always want to use nothing but the highest level feats and showings even if those feats and showings are horribly outdated or outweigh by far less impressive showings.

1) Why is Thanos being teleported to the DC universe?
    2) How does Thanos know what universe Superman is from?
    3) Why would Superman get prep?
    4) I'm not even sure if Darkseid has even been shown in the DC universe post crisis. Maybe once? It's always been avatars.
    5) Sense things across the EM spectrum? wut? post scans. Surfer has cosmic awareness. I have no idea what "sensing things across the EM spectrum" is. Some ? you just made up?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

1) Why is Thanos being teleported to the DC universe?
    2) How does Thanos know what universe Superman is from?
    3) Why would Superman get prep?
    4) I'm not even sure if Darkseid has even been shown in the DC universe post crisis. Maybe once? It's always been avatars.
    5) Sense things across the EM spectrum? wut? post scans. Surfer has cosmic awareness. I have no idea what "sensing things across the EM spectrum" is. Some ? you just made up?

1) I don't know ? . We're having a random discussion here. The circumstances would be whatever the writer wants them to be. They haven't been defined in this topic, so we're free to discuss any possible means of confrontation.
    2) Same as above. If you want to talk about them just being randomly dropped onto a random planet for a fight, we can do that, but that would be stupid in the context an actual comic story.
    3) Huh? You asked why Thanos gets prep time and Superman doesn't. I said, Superman can have prep too.
    4) You might be right. I don't know. I did read the Hunter Prey (I think that's its name) comic where Darkseid was scared shitless by Doomsday. If I'm not mistaken that was the real Darkseid (albeit a younger version). If he's scared of Doomsday, he can't possibly be as powerful as you're claiming.
    5) You don't need Cosmic Awareness just to be able to see that. But I don't have the comic I'm talking about on hand now, and I can't remember if it was his power or some tech that he used, so I'll let that go.

As I said before, if Thanos knows about the weakness, Superman has no chance. If not, it will be a good fight, but if Thanos can manhandle Thor, Hulk, the Annihilators, and other top tier characters, Superman winning is unlikely.
  • veikuri
    Options
    Well Thanos would beat the bricks off of Superman, but your logic is still ? , lol.

1) I've said it before that plot can dictate how a fight goes. You're the one who was arguing against that and now you bring up plot? Wtf is wrong with you. Stay consistent.
    2) That's how most fights go... Giving one side prep or implying that one character would need prep is a sign of them being inferior.
    3) I'm saying none of them do. Wtf, prep is a stupid stipulations to add to a fight because that can bring a ton of variables that wouldn't happen in a normal fight.
    4) What the ? does the EM spectrum have to do with knowing Superman's weakness? You're talking about Cosmic Awareness. Even if Thanos drained Supes of the yellow sun it would hardly affect him and/or take days for it to take into account. Also, that isn't a power that Thanos has so it was either made up by you or his technology. He wouldn't need to to keep tabs on Doom if he had Cosmic Awareness.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    1) ? that was a completely different discussion with a different context. You were basically trying to say Spiderman's win over the X-men didn't mean anything because of plot. I didn't say plot was a factor. I just said you couldn't throw out what happened and say "It doesn't count because of plot." Either way, that has nothing to do with what's being discussed here.

2) No it's not, especially in the case with Thanos, who's whole MO is scheming before he goes into a fight. And in this context, prep time wouldn't simply give Thanos the win, it would basically make the fight unwinnable for Superman.

3) That's cool. No prep time is fine. Then it would be an extended fight. I still don't see Superman winning because Thanos has shown the ability to take attacks from people far above Superman and has also shown the ability to own people on Superman's level.

4) ? do you know what the EM spectrum is? Light is part of the EM spectrum. That includes the wavelengths that power Superman. A person who has the ability to perceive that light to the degree that they could tell that Superman's body feeds on it would automatically know Superman's weakness. Again, I stepped back on Thanos being able to do that, but the concept itself is not crazy. Surfer threatened to do that exact thing to Gladiator. And Thanos doesn't have Cosmic Awareness. You're getting Cosmic Awareness and cosmic senses mixed up. Cosmic Awareness is nigh omniscience. Cosmic senses are just senses that are heightened beyond the norm. An example of cosmic senses is a character being able to perceive all wavelengths in the EM spectrum instead of just the small portion that we can see as "visible light." An example of Cosmic Awareness is being able to see all events past, present, and future at a given location. Surfer has both cosmic senses and Cosmic Awareness. I was never talking about Cosmic Awareness though.
  • veikuri
    Options
    You are just stupid..... Jesus. Thanos would need Cosmic Awareness to know that Supes was weak to krytonite. Him knowing he is powered by yellow sun is irrelevant as draining that power wouldn't do much to Clark in a short term battle.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You are just stupid..... Jesus. Thanos would need Cosmic Awareness to know that Supes was weak to krytonite. Him knowing he is powered by yellow sun is irrelevant as draining that power wouldn't do much to Clark in a short term battle.

lol I'm stupid, but you're the one that thinks you need to be omniscient to see something absorbing energy. You understand that we have cameras that can essentially do that right? You don't need Cosmic Awareness to simply be able to perceive radiation at a level higher than the human eye you dumb ? . Bees can see in the Ultraviolet range. Does that mean they are cosmically aware too? You're making too much of this. All Surfer claimed was that he could see exactly what wavelength of energy was powering Gladiator and he could drain that energy from his system rendering him powerless. That wasn't matter of cosmic awareness. That was just Surfer having an extremely high ability to "see" EM radiation.

And whether or not it was a threat in a short term battle depends on Thanos' ability to drain the energy. We're not talking about Thanos replicating Red Sun radiation which only blocks out Superman's ability to absorb yellow sun radiation. We're talking about stripping Superman's cells of the energy powering, making him powerless. If Thanos can do that, the fight is over. Now, I've already admitted that you're right and we don't really know if Thanos could do that especially in a spontaneous fight, so all of this is moot.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple B's wrote: »
    SuperBoy Prime for the first battle but Thanos FTW

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the hell is going on in here?
  • jaxn
    Options
    Bruh, Superman will ? Thanos up. He's not dumb enough to be outsmarted by him either. Kal El is a scientist that creates robots to protect his fortress. He's faster and stronger than Thanos. His speed gives him the edge. Thanos is a slow poke with super strength and durability.

I suggest you read up on Thanos a bit more
  • jaxn
    Options
    Na bruh, Darkseid would ? Thanos up easily. Lex and Supes are pretty close in intellect though.

I don't know how DS is being portrayed in the nu52, but Darkseid isn't going to ? Thanos up, let alone easily. DS had his eyes beaten shut by Superman. The guy was begging for quarter. Dude had it so bad that it was like DC was using him as a running joke, falling down stairs and ? . I hope his stock has risen to his earlier portrayals.