E3 2015 Official Discussion Thread (June 16-18, 2015)

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• I_fap_twohanded
    I_fap_twohanded Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    no one wins E3...especially not the consumer

wake up peeps

xbox won easily and the one is a great value to consumers
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    FF7 was announced as "play it first on PS4", which is the same as saying "timed console exclusive".

People actually fall for these companies E3 marketing propaganda lol?

Ummm we all know it's a timed exclusive. That doesn't mean XB1 will get it. It could just go to the PC like SFV.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UK got no love for Fallout 4? Surprised thats not even on the list.

I'm surprised. It's my number one. I'm surprised Doom is so high up.
    Is Shenmue that good of a good game?

It was.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FF7 was announced as "play it first on PS4", which is the same as saying "timed console exclusive".

Ummm we all know it's a timed exclusive. That doesn't mean XB1 will get it. It could just go to the PC like SFV.

I see some people are still missing the big picture. That would mean Windows 10, which will share the same store as the XBO and can be streamed to the console. Dont you see? In the near future, there wont be a such thing as a game that comes to PC that doesnt come to XBO. ;)

But in the meantime, if that were true, Sony would've just said "console exclusive", like always. Or announced it as "PS4 and PC"...like SF5. This isnt rocket science.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I see some people are still missing the big picture. That would mean Windows 10, which will share the same store as the XBO and can be streamed to the console. Dont you see? In the near future, there wont be a such thing as a game that comes to PC that doesnt come to XBO. ;)

But in the meantime, if that were true, Sony would've just said "console exclusive", like always. Or announced it as "PS4 and PC"...like SF5. This isnt rocket science.

lol Come on focus, even for you, that logic is bad. You basically just condensed the XB1 into an expensive ass miracast device. Being able to stream PC games over the XB1 =/= to every PC game being an XB1 game too.

And the rumors are that Sony is still negotiating regarding the nature of the exclusivity, so the game may wind up on the XB1. It may not. We'll see. Either way, that article was passing off speculation as if it's proven fact.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was trying to look at shenmue's gameplay on youtube but i kept skipping through the vid and was only getting cut scenes.
  • Karl.
    Options

I hope this is true.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wake up peeps

HOW?? serious question

backwards compatibility got you that geeked?

that VR ? has already proven to be a case of oversell and under deliver

the ONLY way that M$ could've possibly "won" is if they went more into how they were going to do cross platform gaming with the PC, but we havent heard ? about that since what...March??

Gears 4?? really??

ANOTHER Halo sequel?? really?

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

I hope this is true.

What part? The Windows 10 stuff is true. The interoperability between all their OS variants is like their big master plan for everything they do now.
  • Karl.
    Options

wake up peeps

HOW?? serious question

the ONLY way that M$ could've possibly "won" is if they went more into how they were going to do cross platform gaming with the PC, but we havent heard ? about that since what...March??

Gears 4?? really??

MS won because the games they showed are coming this year.

Sonys was pretty horrible.
  • Karl.
    Options

I hope this is true.

What part? The Windows 10 stuff is true. The interoperability between all their OS variants is like their big master plan for everything they do now.

The stuff about PC games on Xbox.
  • Karl.
    Options

wake up peeps

HOW?? serious question

the ONLY way that M$ could've possibly "won" is if they went more into how they were going to do cross platform gaming withthe PC, but we havent heard ? about that since what...March??

Gears 4?? really??

MS won because the games they showed are coming this year.

Sonys was pretty horrible.

You ain't seeing FF7, Shenmue or The Last Guardian(which looks like an indie game at this point) for years.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, none of those games will make it out before 2018...if ever honestly. They could very easily turn right back into vaporware really. Especially Shenmue 3. WTF?

When you compare that with the announced, on solid ground, Xbox FIRST PARTY titles with known release windows through 2015 - 2016...

Halo 5
    Tomb Raider
    Forza 6
    Gears Remastered
    Rare Replay
    Fable Legends

Quantum Break
    Crackdown
    Scalebound
    Gears 4
    Cuphead
    Recore
    Below
    Sea of Thieves

...now add the 360 and Windows 10 libraries. Its really becomes a no contest very easily.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I hope this is true.

The stuff about PC games on Xbox.

Oh yeah that's true. I'm not sure how major a feature it is. It's not like you're playing PC games directly on the Xbox. The games are running on your PC and you're streaming them to your XB1. I guess that may be important for some given their setups, but it certainly isn't the equivalent of saying that all PC games are XB1 games. For once, you still need a PC. Secondly, I'm not sure how good the quality of that streaming will be. For instance, I use Chromecast regularly, and there is a little latency with that. It's not a big deal in that case because it doesn't matter if a video playback on a computer is half a second behind the playback on your tv. But that's not really acceptable when playing a video game. I'm sure it will be better with the PC/XB1 connection, but it all still remains to be seen.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I don't even have a PC so unless you can stream them from the magical cloud it won't affect me anyway.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't even have a PC so unless you can stream them from the magical cloud it won't affect me anyway.

Yep, that's pretty much why I said this isn't that big a deal. A lot of console owners don't have gaming PCs and the ones that do probably setups they like so they don't necessarily need to stream to their XB1. It might be a convenience thing for some though, like people who want to play a PC game on the couch rather than at their computer desk or something.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only conference that really was trash was EA, everyone else had a good show...

Don't really care who "won E3" just want to play games...

From M$ I wanted to see more Quantum Break but nothing...

From Sony I wanted to see an exclusive for later this year but nothing...
  • Karl.
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    The only conference that really was trash was EA, everyone else had a good show...

Don't really care who "won E3" just want to play games...

From M$ I wanted to see more Quantum Break but nothing...

From Sony I wanted to see an exclusive for later this year but nothing...

I think they were saving Quantum Break for Gamescom.