'Kindergarten Cop' Remake In The Works

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fd1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net%2F19%2F63%2F8a6628214f3a8027b86e37dfed62%2Fkindergarten-cop.jpg

Here's a puzzle I can't figure out: why is Arnold Schwarzenegger looking to star in a "Twins" sequel, when a followup to "Kindergarten Cop" would be so much better? I mean, not that either movie actually needs a sequel, but if I had to choose one, I'd definitely go with the latter over the former. But it looks like the property is moving ahead, although without Arnie's involvement.

Showbiz 411 reports that Universal's 1440 Entertainment — responsible for such gems as "Curse Of Chucky," "Beethoven's Treasure," and "The Scorpion King: The Lost Throne" — are gearing up a remake that will probably go straight to VOD/video. This incarnation will pair the cop hero with an Indian sidekick named Sanjit for some reason, as they deal with Albanian baddies and search for a flash drive from the Federal Witness Protection program that winds up — guess where? And then the cop and a beautiful lady teacher make moon eyes at each other.

Don Michael Paul will add to his cinematic oeuvre of "Jarhead 2: Field Of Fire," "Sniper: Legacy," and "Who's Your Caddy?" by directing this, with a script by David H. Steinberg ("American Pie 2," "Slackers"). Showbiz 411 also says this will be a "stalking horse" for a possible TV show, which frankly makes more sense than a cheapie remake, but what do I know? And now my head is hurting, but no, it's not a tumor!

Comments