Why is the media making fun of Rachel Dolezal but treating Bruce Jenner like a status symbol?

Options
2»

Comments

• lilteencreole
    lilteencreole Members Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't let the PC neo-liberal hugbox tell you any different, both of them suffer mental disorders and expect society to pat them on the back for their delusions.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Something is wrong with both of them psychologically.

i think her initial response of confusion and dodging the questions came off as funny.

We've never seen this happen before, have we? It's pretty crazy what she's pulled off.

We are used to seeing how people coming out as ? /transgendered is applauded because of how people usually view it. It's still somewhat of a taboo and people don't understand it and hate it.

To see someone that's "transracial" or whatever they're calling it, is new. So it's viewed as silly. its obviously something to do with the neurology of the person. I'm sure Racheal truly believes she should be black. She knows she isn't, which is why she was sketchy at first, but in later interviews, she claimed she was.

If someone can say they're ? , should be a man/woman, then they can say "I should be this race or that", but it's new and weird to most people right now. That's why it's a joke.

Explain how someone can saying their ? is anything like someone denying the biology and genetics of their actual sex and race...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

i think her initial response of confusion and dodging the questions came off as funny.

We've never seen this happen before, have we? It's pretty crazy what she's pulled off.

We are used to seeing how people coming out as ? /transgendered is applauded because of how people usually view it. It's still somewhat of a taboo and people don't understand it and hate it.

To see someone that's "transracial" or whatever they're calling it, is new. So it's viewed as silly. its obviously something to do with the neurology of the person. I'm sure Racheal truly believes she should be black. She knows she isn't, which is why she was sketchy at first, but in later interviews, she claimed she was.

If someone can say they're ? , should be a man/woman, then they can say "I should be this race or that", but it's new and weird to most people right now. That's why it's a joke.

Explain how someone can saying their ? is anything like someone denying the biology and genetics of their actual sex and race...

It's all wired in their brain.

People are born ? .

People are born feeling they should be something other than what they are; male, female and in this case black/white.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao if someone had never seen a black person their entire life there is no possible way they could have been "wired" to be black.

Wanting to be black is social and cultural, it has nothing do with actual biological disposition.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lmao if someone had never seen a black person their entire life there is no possible way they could have been "wired" to be black.

Wanting to be black is social and cultural, it has nothing do with actual biological disposition.

I generally agree with this but I think what Vibe means is that some people might be genetically prone to desire to be something other then what they are.

It wasn't in Rachel's DNA to want to be Black, but genetically, she might have been prone to want to be something other then what she really is.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Don't let the PC neo-liberal hugbox tell you any different, both of them suffer mental disorders and expect society to pat them on the back for their delusions.

Exactly, Rachel can be called crazy and whatever cuz she lied and that's all good. But it's funny how society is also telling me that transgender people can walk around with whatever body part they want but still be called a woman or a man at free will, when in many ways those people are too living a lie.

? just makes me laugh.
  • RonSlater
    RonSlater Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Rachel is a dumb white trick that took jobs away from real black women, she should be taunted.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's all wired in their brain.

People are born ? .

Then show me a ? baby. People do not show any sexual preferences at birth.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    well, you're not going to find a baby bursting with heterosexual lusts, either
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    well, you're not going to find a baby bursting with heterosexual lusts, either

LOL fair point. Sucking ? as a baby isn't really a ? thing.....for most I hope