Rich Homie Quan Reportedly Declined Performing At BET Awards After He Got Demoted

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GunTown wrote: »
    Nas fan base = Hip-Hop heads, predominantly black males as well as some white males who are Hip-Hop heads even though they are a very large minority compared to his black male Hip-Hop head fan base

This is simply not true

It is very much true

how many nas concerts have you been to?
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard a Nas song being played in a club or out loud in a car

That's cause Nas ain't meant for clubs duh
    Theres different lanes for different rappers
    Some are club artist Migos, Future, RHQ, most Atl artist

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Nas fan base = Hip-Hop heads, predominantly black males as well as some white males who are Hip-Hop heads even though they are a very large minority compared to his black male Hip-Hop head fan base

This is simply not true

It is very much true

My college class mate been to 1 in London he's a super big Nas fan yeah he said there was white males there but said majority of the crowd were black males he took pics
  • TayGettem
    Also I doubt RHQ broke
  • GunTown
    TayGettem wrote: »

Yeah Nas is not at all
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Damn that Rich Homie Quan performance would have made the BET Awards" Said nobody ever

BcCEyfiIAAAy1bW.jpg

lmao that ? funny
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is simply not true

It is very much true

My college class mate been to 1 in London he's a super big Nas fan yeah he said there was white males there but said majority of the crowd were black males he took pics

so you are judging a nas show and his audience based on "pictures" and a friends report. I have personally been to a nas show and your viewpoint of the fanbase Nas has at a show is flawed. And the poster who said your comments are simply not true is accurate.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Damn that Rich Homie Quan performance would have made the BET Awards" Said nobody ever

BcCEyfiIAAAy1bW.jpg

U might not like Rich Homie Quan, Eminem, Future, B.o.B, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent etc but what u saying comes across as trolling because u know they are popular as much as u may not like them u know they are popular

What u said applies to someone who u do really like Nas who is not popular, who's sales have declined and who's fan base is pretty much hip-hop heads

yeah last time i checked future and B.O.B's album sales and venue size ain't been that impressive. When is the last time people have been anticipating a B.O.B. show? "Yo my ? killed airplanes tonight!" - said nobody ever.

Popularity doesn't just mean sales. Radio play, touring, the brand as a whole, singles, features, club play etc come into it

Keep it real in 2015 who do u think is more popular Rich Homie Quan or Nas?

Nas has 10X more fans than Rich Homie Quan.

Rich Homie Quan needs a label to promote him and his music to match Nas's sales.

Nas doesn't need marketing or promotion, people will pay thousands to see him perform at Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall or Lincoln Center.

Rich Homie Quan can't do shows at those kinds of venues.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nas hasnt made a club song since oochie wally and his black fanbase in america decreased after hiphop is dead
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiphop is dead and ? are the albums that changed his America fanbase to majority white.. they loved those albums.. he called him self a ? project roach, then bragged about being in love with chicken heads on " fried chicken"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broke homie Quan

He made 2 million off a mixtape tho...

oo ooo Ooo Oooo!
  • GunTown
    5 Grand wrote: »

BcCEyfiIAAAy1bW.jpg

U might not like Rich Homie Quan, Eminem, Future, B.o.B, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent etc but what u saying comes across as trolling because u know they are popular as much as u may not like them u know they are popular

What u said applies to someone who u do really like Nas who is not popular, who's sales have declined and who's fan base is pretty much hip-hop heads

yeah last time i checked future and B.O.B's album sales and venue size ain't been that impressive. When is the last time people have been anticipating a B.O.B. show? "Yo my ? killed airplanes tonight!" - said nobody ever.

Popularity doesn't just mean sales. Radio play, touring, the brand as a whole, singles, features, club play etc come into it

Keep it real in 2015 who do u think is more popular Rich Homie Quan or Nas?

Nas has 10X more fans than Rich Homie Quan.

Rich Homie Quan needs a label to promote him and his music to match Nas's sales.

Nas doesn't need marketing or promotion, people will pay thousands to see him perform at Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall or Lincoln Center.

Rich Homie Quan can't do shows at those kinds of venues.

I'm only speaking on experience i know many young people that are listening to Rich Homie Quan different races, different backrounds, males, females. Living in 1 of the major and biggest populated citys in the entire world u come across every type of person

Let's wait and see what numbers Rich Homie Quans retail albums do when he drops them i am very confident he will sell well
  • damobb2deep
    MallyG wrote: »
    700 wrote: »

BcCEyfiIAAAy1bW.jpg

Futures shows been turnt

He got like six hits right now that's ? the club up

really because i don't see any of his songs top 10 on billboard hip hop and R&B which is what clubs pretty much play off. Likewise i would rather go to a show where a ? not rapping through autobot transformer autotune half the show and actually spit decent bars. i used to ? with atl rap in previous years but these yung thug/future/? homie quan ? i really can't rock with for the most part.

I'm not saying top 10 Billboard hip hop charts don't mean anything b/c it's significant, but if you really get out and hit clubs or lounges, the street is what tells all. Future got a ridiculous amount of songs that spin in these nightspots. From "Commas" to "March Madness" to "Trap ? " to "Real Sisters" etc.... Strip clubs (dj's) (which I venture to every now and then) is really where a lot of rap/street music breaks then it spills over to regular clubs then radio usually jumps on (they always late and its been that way for a while).... When "Diamonds like Africa" comes on in the shake jawnt, nikkas lose it!

so the music content wise is ? but even putting that aside it's not selling on a mainstream tip. but its popping regionally in southern clubs in the "Streets"? Future is garbage plain and simple. Mind you i am only 24 but ill take late 90s early 2000's atl or southern rap over the garbage future spews.

gwaf! I understand hey you have your opinion but you will take basically lil Jon and the yin yang twins over future? okay..
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 wrote: »

BcCEyfiIAAAy1bW.jpg

Futures shows been turnt

He got like six hits right now that's ? the club up

really because i don't see any of his songs top 10 on billboard hip hop and R&B which is what clubs pretty much play off. Likewise i would rather go to a show where a ? not rapping through autobot transformer autotune half the show and actually spit decent bars. i used to ? with atl rap in previous years but these yung thug/future/? homie quan ? i really can't rock with for the most part.

Hit ? might not be top ten

But he got the club scene in lock and every car I see playing his ?

I got just about all his ? thru the last year

That ? can't miss right now
  • damobb2deep
    ...That wack nikka did us all a favor not showing up...Who wants to see 10 minutes of fuckery like this...

rich-homie-quan-dance-o.gif

MAN THIS GUY NEEDS A MEAL

hey we skinny ? eat.. just don't gain weight... at least we not gone be battling diabetes and ? when we 40 lol..
    Past years

Future been out like six years now
  • TayGettem

Yeah Nas is not at all

Also yo perception of music and most artist suck
    nas hasnt made a club song since oochie wally and his black fanbase in america decreased after hiphop is dead

Lol

She said oochie Wally
  • GunTown

Yeah Nas is not at all

I like what i like and u like what u like

All comes down to taste i love Artistic music

Let's leave it at that
  • TayGettem
    edited July 2015

Yeah Nas is not at all

Let's leave it at that

@GunTown
    Nooo we can't leave it at that cuz u make inaccurate statements
    Like RHQ is more popular than Nas
    That's a lie
    Nas can headline and do shows in venues RHQ can't even get into to
    Nas can drop a album with no promo and still sell
    When folks see a song with a Nas feature they stop and listen
    Meanwhile Thugga and RHQ both had promo with Rich Gang and what happened
    Thuggas album flopped
    An RHQ dropped his 1st weedplate mixtape
    Every time u post u bring up hit singles, sells, club bangers which is stuff that really doesn't define a good artist
    Or most of those artist like Jay, Nas, Black Thought... Etc that u dont like have already achieved those accolades u named and are legendary status
    Meaning they have nothing left to prove in the game
    They just do music for the love of music
    Which makes me think u don't really know ya hip hop history or research before posting
    U compared NAS a legendary figure in hip hop not only that a legendary figure in hip hop who was doing good while the rap game was at its apex
    To RHQ a upstart rapper who's doing rap music when the rap games damn near at its worst as a whole
    Where one hit wonders show up every day then gone the next
    So how can u even compare the two
    Even 50 and Em don't drop music like hotcakes anymore cause they got better ? to do
    I can respect ya opinion on some rappers u like who actually have the RESUME to back up all ya talk
    But when u start talking abt Migos being on the same level as NWA one day or RHQ being better than Nas nahhhh
    I can't respect that cuz they ain't put in enough work to get that type of respect
    hell they don't even rap on the same subject matter as the legends in the game
    An even if they did there pen game isn't on par enough to be compared to any legends
    The only up and coming rappers I see so far even getting close enough to be legend status one day in the future is
    Kendrick
    Drake
    J.Cole (maybe)
    Wale (maybe)
    Big Sean (maybe)
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

real lady with the ether lol
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

What statistics or data do you have to support your assertion that, "his black fanbase in america decreased after hiphop is dead"

Sounds like you're talking out of your ass.

Stop making ? up.
  • TayGettem
    Edited last post to fix spell check errors

Yeah Nas is not at all

Let's leave it at that

@GunTown
    Nooo we can't leave it at that cuz u make inaccurate statements
    Like RHQ is more popular than Nas
    That's a lie
    Nas can headline and do shows in venues RHQ can't even get into to
    Nas can drop a album with no promo and still sell
    When folks see a song with a Nas feature they stop and listen
    Meanwhile Thugga and RHQ both had promo with Rich Gang and what happened
    Thuggas album flopped
    An RHQ dropped his 1st weedplate mixtape
    Every time u post u bring up hit singles, sells, club bangers which is stuff that really doesn't define a good artist
    Or most of those artist like Jay, Nas, Black Thought... Etc that u dont like have already achieved those accolades u named and are legendary status
    Meaning they have nothing left to prove in the game
    They just do music for the love of music
    Which makes me think u don't really know ya hip hop history or research before posting
    U compared NAS a legendary figure in hip hop not only that a legendary figure in hip hop who was doing good while the rap game was at its apex
    To RHQ a upstart rapper who's doing rap music when the rap games damn near at its worst as a whole
    Where one hit wonders show up every day then gone the next
    So how can u even compare the two
    Even 50 and Em don't drop music like hotcakes anymore cause they got better ? to do
    I can respect ya opinion on some rappers u like who actually have the RESUME to back up all ya talk
    But when u start talking abt Migos being on the same level as NWA one day or RHQ being better than Nas nahhhh
    I can't respect that cuz they ain't put in enough work to get that type of respect
    hell they don't even rap on the same subject matter as the legends in the game
    An even if they did there pen game isn't on par enough to be compared to any legends
    The only up and coming rappers I see so far even getting close enough to be legend status one day in the future is
    Kendrick
    Drake
    J.Cole (maybe)
    Wale (maybe)
    Big Sean (maybe)

Aint none of these new ? gon be on lehemd status

Kendrick on his last leg

Jcole light skin

Wale, big Sean, are you ? serious
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a bad thing that his fan Base is mostly black males?