Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Black Rob I would say gotta go, but Hot 97 is a east coast station (NY?) So of course more would call in supporting it.

But of the 4 it was the only one hit wonder
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dmx or odb gotta go
    Ill say dmx
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick ODB. That wasn't one of his better songs.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Rob I would say gotta go, but Hot 97 is a east coast station (NY?) So of course more would call in supporting it.

All of those artists are ny based bruh....nothing to do with the topic.
  • your flyness
    edited June 2015
    iron man1 wrote: »

What part of NY is Mystikal from?? This thread is about the video, and thats what I was responding to. Funny his song was the most that had to go....

Anyway all 3 of those other songs had major cultural crossover appeal. Each one can be heard in random movies to carry a particular scene to this day

Whoa was not a bad song, but its not in the same category as the others
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

What part of NY is Mystikal from?? Funny his song was the most that had to go....

Anyway all 3 of those other songs had major cultural crossover appeal. Each one can be heard in random movies to carry a particular scene to this day

Not Mystkal but the region had nothing to do with the fact that all the tracks were club bangers when they dropped.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • your flyness
    edited June 2015

What part of NY is Mystikal from?? Funny his song was the most that had to go....

Not Mystkal but the region had nothing to do with the fact that all the tracks were club bangers when they dropped.

That wasnt my point.

My point was that in my opinion the most culturally New York styled song was the one that was defended the most on a NY radio station. Like I said Whoa is not a wack song by any means but factually :

- It was the lowest charted on the Billboards.
    - The other 3 Artist are more entertainers, and well beyond borderline 1-hit wonder
    - The other 3 have major crossover appeal, and still are relevant in situation scenes in movies, outside of straight-to-dvd hood classics

Pretty much as songs the other 3 songs have more "star power" than Whoa. Its the outlier in the group which is why I say it has to go.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

That wasnt my point.

My point was that in my opinion the most culturally New York styled song was the one the was defended the most on a NY radio station. Like I said Whoa is not a wack song by any means but factually :

- The other 3 Artist are more entertainers, and well beyond borderline 1-hit wonder
    - The other 3 have major crossover appeal, and still are relevant in situation scenes in movies, outside of straight-to-dvd hood classics

Pretty much as songs the other 3 songs have more "star power" the Whoa. Its the outlier in the group which is why I say it has to go.

I respect your opinion and you make valid points, I just pick dmx up in here, because that was one of his wackest most water downed singles that, to me, was corny.

Mystikal and black rob dropped classics, and odb did that like only he can
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator

That wasnt my point.

My point was that in my opinion the most culturally New York styled song was the one the was defended the most on a NY radio station. Like I said Whoa is not a wack song by any means but factually :

Pretty much as songs the other 3 songs have more "star power" the Whoa. Its the outlier in the group which is why I say it has to go.

I respect your opinion and you make valid points, I just pick dmx up in here, because that was one of his wackest most water downed singles that, to me, was corny.

Agreed. X gotta go
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    "Party Up" is annoying as ? . Idk if it's cause MTV took over the song or what but I never liked it from the jump. Another one of Swizz Beats corny ass records.
  • your flyness
    edited June 2015

I will agree it was the weakest song of the bunch
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy. the confessed and convicted ? gotta go.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Black Rob is outta' here...

...He had the smallest impact on hip-hop out of the 4 mentioned...
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

You obviously never heard Life Story. Too bad.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebro be like" aye lets pit 3 east coast artists against a southern artist on an eats coast station"