"African"-American female “flagger” says Confederate flag isn’t about race:“Slavery was a choice”

Options
13»

Comments

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

2hnnyic.jpg

slavery was looked upon as a "business" same thing then u have now. " etertainer" slaves "field" slaves. dumb slaves, smart ones.. house slaves rebels..
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

2hnnyic.jpg

slavery was looked upon as a "business" same thing then u have now. " etertainer" slaves "field" slaves. dumb slaves, smart ones.. house slaves rebels..

There's a contradiction between your parable and that headline.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

2hnnyic.jpg

I get tired of people using this as evidence of blacks owning slaves or slavery being about money instead of race......

Your story left out some important information....

Like....

"In 1665, Anthony Johnson moved to Maryland and leased a 300-acre plantation, where he died five years later. But back in Virginia that same year, a jury decided the land Johnson left behind could be seized by the government because he was a "negroe and by consequence an alien."

If anything, it illustrates the development of racial slavery in the U.S.......

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1narr3.html

http://www.mythdebunk.com/first-slave-owner-african-american/
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slavery was a choice. alot of people was wilfully slaves ( jusr like today) then u had the rebels who fought against.

not only black people was slaves, but the black race are the ones who cooperate with slavery more than other races so we stayed in physical slavery the longest.. & r willfully in modern day slavery today..

slavery was.actually started by blacks.. it was black on.black slavery and white on white.. then that started racial slavery.

@Sion she needs to be banned. Her fuckery is getting ridiculous.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    I don't agree with nothing she said

But that "give me liberty or give me death" ? is too real, I never understood the "go along to get along" slave mentality ?

Bruh you really gon lie down and die? Yes some may agree that slavery is a fate worse than death, but an animals desire to live is our strongest instinct....it takes a lot to collectively destroy our will to live.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and yall ? get angry with me when i say we need to do better?

this is what minimum education does......let those with a motive control their mind becuase they dont know how to think.

so much division would not be allowed in other cultures without a cultural civil war.

if our 13% needs to trim the fat down to about 9% and create our own to be a stronger 100%...than thats what we need to do.

but this ? does not need to be tolerated.

these are descendants of along list of house negros:

coonhoe: my great granddaddy jebbadia wuz the original two stepper
    as was my granddaddy and my daddy.
    my two step just comes with a twist...hair twist that is...tahee tahee tahee

? ?
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and house ? started slavery. ? house ? and crackers all the same, they all about greed.

they brought slaves with a price, we was sold to America by our own kind. some of us was deceived and tricked, and then rebel when we saw it was wicked.

slavery was a deceitful business a underhanded ? game full of scammers black and white was a part of the history.

nobody said racisim didnt exist, but the truth is blacks was a part of it
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a confused black woman

Nothing to see here folks.

You like to excuse too much ? .

How about black people like her are just what they say they are and I am going to believe her for telling and showing me exactly what she is. Instead of coming up with an excuse for the ? by saying she is "confused" take her for her word and actions and treat the ? accordingly.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *insert disgusted Bun B gif*
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slavery was a choice. alot of people was wilfully slaves ( jusr like today) then u had the rebels who fought against.

not only black people was slaves, but the black race are the ones who cooperate with slavery more than other races so we stayed in physical slavery the longest.. & r willfully in modern day slavery today..

slavery was.actually started by blacks.. it was black on.black slavery and white on white.. then that started racial slavery.

Completely inaccurate. How is your ignorant ass not banned yet?