Dr. Boyce Watkins speaks on how the Latino Community took down Donald Trump

Options
black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/R3r5VxWFy7k

Now if us is as African-Americans can get organized, stop forgiving and praying for better days, and learn to attack their pockets, we asva people can and will do some amazing things. Drop your thoughts.

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They boycotted the Miss America Pagent, lets not act like thats revolutionary bro. But props to them for sticking together and getting ? done.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a Billionaire ,I do not think he is losing any sleep over univision to be honest
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is starting to annoy me
    when are yall going to realize they will never respect us regardless of how united or divided we are?
    yall we really think we need to take notes on these other groups on how to march, protest, fight for equality and respect? ? they learned from us.
    we BEEN making noise. calling out injustices committed against us. but they laugh at our cries. they laugh as we march. they call us thugs when we riot. they ignore civilized discussions on why we feel the way we do. there's no reaching them. its against the whites nature to have sympathy for us

these ? and mexicans arent that much more organized than we are. but white amerikkka respects them a million times more than they do us

Best post on this site.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    He is a Billionaire ,I do not think he is losing any sleep over univision to be honest

Reason why this thread doesnt matter. They didnt harm dude at all.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought I heard nbc ain't ? with him nomore as well?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Nosign. They say he's lost 100 million since he made those statements. Now I ain't saying he broke but 100 ms is alot to lose especially in the time frame he's done it in.
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they took that ? down ?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think companies backing off from Trump has to do with Latinos being more organized. Had he said ? do all the ? , companies would still be jumping ship. Making derogatory statements about any group gets business scared.

Now if the RNC had slammed his comments and made it harder for him to run as their candidate then I would say Latinos have some power...
  • black caesar
    Options
    jono wrote: »

No business man wants to lose money much less $100 million.

The point Boyce was making is to attack your oppressor's pockets.
  • black caesar
    Options

He's suing them.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donald Trump is trolling so that Jeb Bush gets that spot. I dont believe for one second Donald Trump is that dumb.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we're gonna act like black folks ain't making any difference? Hate these blanket ass statements! You better look at what's going on.
  • black caesar
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    So we're gonna act like black folks ain't making any difference? Hate these blanket ass statements! You better look at what's going on.

We are, but we still got a few ? like Dylan Roof's friend. We still got to keep pushing, but I'm loving what the youth is doing
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how some of y'all look at every little thing other groups do and boost it up to be something major. Hispanics didn't do anything in this case that Blacks don't do 5 times every year.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    this ? is starting to annoy me
    when are yall going to realize they will never respect us regardless of how united or divided we are?
    yall really think we need to take notes on these other groups on how to march, protest, fight for equality and respect? ? they learned from us.
    we BEEN making noise. calling out injustices committed against us. but they laugh at our cries. they laugh as we march. they call us thugs when we riot. they ignore civilized discussions on why we feel the way we do. there's no reaching them. its against the whites nature to have sympathy for us

these ? and mexicans arent that much more organized than we are. but white amerikkka respects them a million times more than they do us

Huh?

The Montgomery bus boycott pretty much started the civil rights movement. And that's all because the bus companies were losing so much money due to Black people no longer riding their buses.

Hypothetically speaking imagine if Black people in the US universally boycotted all Nike products. You know much revenue loss Nike would be looking at? You don't think they wouldn't feel that? Not all protesting is created equal.

Governments can do this on a global level, it's called an embargo and it can have major repercussions on a countries economy (i.e. Haiti).

America respecting Mexicans more than Blacks is neither here nor there, America respects money.

Y'all better learn how the game works.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how some of y'all look at every little thing other groups do and boost it up to be something major. Hispanics didn't do anything in this case that Blacks don't do 5 times every year.

It stems form self hatred i love being black and i love our community.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not ignore the fact that Latinos identify as white.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Let's not ignore the fact that Latinos identify as white.

Bam!!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand what he means and what he's trying to say...but that's an incredibly loose definition of 'took down'.