So Apparently Someone Has Found A Way To Speed Up PS4 Downloads

Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
using a proxy with your PC. I'm going to try this out next time I download something but anyway here's the link. Thank me later.
https://cheapassgamer.com/topic/341885-proper-tutorial-how-to-download-games-from-psn-to-a-pc-and-transfer-them-to-the-ps4/

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience is key.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 30 mbps, I assume that is the standard these days and my downloads are very tolerable.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word...

You can also transfer games back to your PC and use it as storage...

My PS4 is wired to my network and I am usually ok with the wait but this software might be good for the larger downloads to make them quicker and the ability to use the PC as storage for the PS4...

PS4 garbage ass Wi-Fi chip; I think Sony suggests in the owners manual to wire the console to the your home network, they know what's up lol...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 users play through wifi?
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Word...

My PS4 is wired to my network and I am usually ok with the wait but this software might be good for the larger downloads to make them quicker and the ability to use the PC as storage for the PS4...

PS4 garbage ass Wi-Fi chip; I think Sony suggests in the owners manual to wire the console to the your home network, they know what's up lol...

I use a wired connection also and the storage would be dope.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Word...

yea the wireless card is ass in the ps4, my ? is in the same spot as my ps3 but the ps3 signal and speeds are more than twice as fast

I bet they newer models they dropping soon gonna have better NICs smh I shoulda waited
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get 130mbps on my computer but the PS4 only picks up like 30mbps on wifi when its only a foot away... with a wired connection, it only gets 40mbps... PS4 download speeds are wack