Losing the essence...

Comments

• renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited June 2010
    i got too much music im sittin here tryna choose who to put on and its too hard lol....therefore i will have several playlist for yall im only gonna drop one cuz i wanna give evrybody a chance to drop theirs but yall wont be dissapointed its a rainy day so my first mix is probly gonna b alot of mellow joints
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    man I got tons of hip hop music , but I'm the type that makes playlists of the newest tracks that just came out!

I have a new blog I created a while back called "What's on Traestar's Mind??" which I speak my peace on some issues that are going on currently
    (Currently I spoke on the Slim Thug drama)

Well anyways, I've always wanted to start posting new music, videos, and etc in the like of things that I'm feeling right now or that is interesting.
    I'll see what happens this year if I decide to do that, my page is http://traestar.wordpress.com/
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Just tried to post my playlist and I've been told it's up for review by a moderator?
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited June 2010
    I don't have a lot to contribute but I'll stay watching this with a lot interest and expect to hear some new good music so keep this thing alive!!
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Hey Y'all. Fashawn Just released a free mixtape: An Ode to Illmatic. Enjoy!!!http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/1sfv8mcryweb
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited June 2010
    i got too much music im sittin here tryna choose who to put on and its too hard lol....therefore i will have several playlist for yall im only gonna drop one cuz i wanna give evrybody a chance to drop theirs but yall wont be dissapointed its a rainy day so my first mix is probly gonna b alot of mellow joints

just try and do your best man..hopefully we can get more than us 3 involved. We used to post *mostly* new ug ? up in our mixtapes so keep that in mind. just make some playlists and everytime its your turn post one up. I dont wanna get too overwhelemed with music where im just skippin through it ya know? but good to see people are steppin up....LET DO THIS ? !!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Ahh well, doesn't look like my thread is going to be approved anytime soon. Here's my mix:

RuffDraftPresentsSinceWeLastSpoke.jpg

Ruff Draft Presents... Since We Last Spoke

Tracklist:

1. Since We Last Spoke - RJD2

2. Greenland - Emancipator

3. Resurrect Me - Braille

4. Breath - Grouch

5. All I Want in This World - Cradle Orchestra Featuring CL Smooth

6. Father - Fashawn

7. Us - Brother Ali Featuring Stokley Williams

8. Still Love - Soulstice

9. Meridian Sound (Part One) - Lushlife

10. Ghostwriter - RJD2

11. I Rock - Open Mike Eagle

12. Slums - The Reavers

13. Summertime Running - Mos Dub (Mos Def produced by Max Tannone)

14. On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz

15. Cold War - Janelle Monae

16. Learning How To Fall - Grieves

17. Sunday Money - Custom Made

18. Warm Up - All Natural

19. Life's A ? - Fashawn & DJ Green Lantern

20. Black Sands - Bonobo

Hope you enjoy it. Post Feedback here if you like, as it doesn't seem to me that I can make threads...
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Hey Y'all. Fashawn Just released a free mixtape: An Ode to Illmatic. Enjoy!!!http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/1sfv8mcryweb

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good mixtape, although I wouldn't have personally chosen to take on Nas' greatest album as any verse you drop will be incomparable.

But I really like some tracks!!! As I included one on my mixtape already... which is above this post.
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Ahh well, doesn't look like my thread is going to be approved anytime soon. Here's my mix:

Tracklist:

4. Breath - Grouch

6. Father - Fashawn

10. Ghostwriter - RJD2

12. Slums - The Reavers

20. Black Sands - Bonobo

Hope you enjoy it. Post Feedback here if you like, as it doesn't seem to me that I can make threads...

Nice Pic, man!
  • renagade410,
    edited June 2010

Tracklist:

4. Breath - Grouch

6. Father - Fashawn

10. Ghostwriter - RJD2

12. Slums - The Reavers

20. Black Sands - Bonobo

howd janelle monae get in there lol thats actually my favorite song off her cd

im bout to check this mix out now

glad to see nobody from my mix is in yours i didnt wanna have to change mine up lol cant believe i forgot to put the grouch in mine
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    howd janelle monae get in there lol thats actually my favorite song off her cd

im bout to check this mix out now

glad to see nobody from my mix is in yours i didnt wanna have to change mine up lol cant believe i forgot to put the grouch in mine

lol I've been listening to her since her mixtape in '09, I guess I just assume we're fans of good music rather than just underground ? . She fits the bill too, the mix is steady flowing I feel, so it should be nice when listened to as a whole. Look forward to your comments!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    Nice Pic, man!

The artists or the cover? I drew the cover.

Had a chance to listen yet?
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    The artists or the cover? I drew the cover.

Had a chance to listen yet?

Yea the cover, I haven't listened yet!

I did download it tho, so I'll get around to it
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    Yea the cover, I haven't listened yet!

I did download it tho, so I'll get around to it

Thanks Trae! Photoshopped the letters.

Cool cool, hope you come back with some thoughts soon!
  • ninjasenses
    edited June 2010
    thanks kenna you da man!!! havent listened to it yet, but it gonna be the first thing i hear tomorrow in the car!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    thanks kenna you da man!!! havent listened to it yet, but it gonna be the first thing i hear tomorrow in the car!!

No problem, I've discovered a lot of Japanese hip hop that didn't make the mix, so my next one will be 20 tracks of J-Hip-Hop, thought I'd keep it fairly open to start with though.
  • Neslom
    edited June 2010
    RuffDraft - nice cd you put together. I listened some of the songs on youtube. I have to check out Braille, Cradle Orchestra, Fashawn and Grieves
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Neslom wrote: »
    RuffDraft - nice cd you put together. I listened some of the songs on youtube. I have to check out Braille, Cradle Orchestra, Fashawn and Grieves

Thanks Neslom,

Fashawn's Boy Meets World was the best album of last year, IMO.

Cradle Orchestra wasn't far behind with their album 'Velvet Ballads' which was exceptionally produced with fantastic guest spots.

Braille is an excellent rapper, his track 'The IV' was a common favourite among Essence heads at the time it was released.

Grieves is a rapper I know less about, but his album '88 Keys and Counting' received rave reviews on some blogs.

Hope you keep on checking back.
  • ninjasenses
    edited June 2010
    No problem, I've discovered a lot of Japanese hip hop that didn't make the mix, so my next one will be 20 tracks of J-Hip-Hop, thought I'd keep it fairly open to start with though.

awesome...ti cant get enough of that japense hiphop...its so jazzy and refreshing. BTW i gave your mix a good listen today and you never disappoint. One track that really stood out to me was the bonobo track...love that ? . I also put my mix together tonight...ill either drop it friday or next monday...which would you guys prefer?
  • renagade410,
    edited June 2010
    awesome...ti cant get enough of that japense hiphop...its so jazzy and refreshing. BTW i gave your mix a good listen today and you never disappoint. One track that really stood out to me was the bonobo track...love that ? . I also put my mix together tonight...ill either drop it friday or next monday...which would you guys prefer?

if u want i could drop mine this week then u could drop urs on monday like an every monday type thing start the week off right lol

im bout to give kennas mix a third listen this mornin then drop my thoughts
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    WHat's up, Y'all. I just downloaded ElzhI's "The Leftovers" yesterday. I have listened to it half way and it's awesome so far. My favorite song by Far is "Dream", because I love the storytelling on it and the lyrical visuals. It's safe to say that Enimen is not only the best of out Detroit. Let's keep it going y'all.
  • Neslom
    edited June 2010
    Thanks Neslom,

Fashawn's Boy Meets World was the best album of last year, IMO.

Cradle Orchestra wasn't far behind with their album 'Velvet Ballads' which was exceptionally produced with fantastic guest spots.

Braille is an excellent rapper, his track 'The IV' was a common favourite among Essence heads at the time it was released.

Grieves is a rapper I know less about, but his album '88 Keys and Counting' received rave reviews on some blogs.

Hope you keep on checking back.

Cool, I'll check them out. I've been listening to Fashawn's Boy Meets World for some hours now, very good album. I really enjoy the layback vibe throughout the cd
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010

That Bonobo track is really good, the album goes by the same name, I'm sure you'd really enjoy it.
    if u want i could drop mine this week then u could drop urs on monday like an every monday type thing start the week off right lol

im bout to give kennas mix a third listen this mornin then drop my thoughts

This sounds like a great idea, what you think Ninja?

Props for taking the time to listen to it three times over. Appreciate it. Looking forward to the feedback. Hope you've enjoyed.
    WHat's up, Y'all. I just downloaded ElzhI's "The Leftovers" yesterday. I have listened to it half way and it's awesome so far. My favorite song by Far is "Dream", because I love the storytelling on it and the lyrical visuals. It's safe to say that Enimen is not only the best of out Detroit. Let's keep it going y'all.

Sounds like something I need to check out, I actually have a track with him on the previously mentioned Japanese stuff I've been getting recently. I'll make sure it's in the next mix.
    neslom wrote: »
    Cool, I'll check them out. I've been listening to Fashawn's Boy Meets World for some hours now, very good album. I really enjoy the layback vibe throughout the cd

Yeah, it grows on you with time too. Exile is the best producer to me at the minute, he collaborates with some of the best emcees who can actually carry an album, which is what he needs because it'd be a shame to ruin his masterpieces.

---

I feel a movement beginning...