Anyone know the inspiration behind HUF's fuel collection?

Options
water ur seeds
water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im feeling the fuel and delivery collections HUF have out at the moment... HUF is by far my favourite street brand, their materials are second to none...

But yeah obviously the inspiration behind the delivery collection is UPS, but anyone know the fuel brand they have paid tribute to??? :-?

huf_fuel_tee_heathergrey-11.jpg

HUF_Tshirt_28_2-f1f11a6559373b8af3384071e669.jpg?fit=640%2C832

image3xxl.jpg

huf-delivery-t-shirt-brown-2.jpg

huf_delivery_tee_brown-19.jpg

huf_delivery_snapback_cap_brown_1.jpg

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks like ? that the blue collar comedy fools wear
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    looks like ? that the blue collar comedy fools wear

Huf and Supreme are the only street brands I wear, I believe they actually make their own materials unlike everyone else, you can wash it and it still wears exactly the same... Their schitt is 100x better than Crooks, Alife, 10 Deep and Undefeated etc

If Im not wearing Polo or some designer brand its Huf all day long...
  • bck145
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yeah but the stuff's bummy looking, huf's more of a hipster brand anyway

but i'm not a fan of the style of a lot of the brands you named so maybe i'm not the best judge, just those two shirts remind me of ppl who ride on tractors and cut grass
  • water ur seeds
    Options

They look bummy??? You clearly know nothing about fashion breda, its far more superior than any street wear brand, the quality in Huf stands out by miles, the feel of their clothes even feels 100x better... Crooks and all that other schitt is mad cheap and played out... Hundreds and Obey and all them are hipster, all the kids run around wearing them...

Huf is the opposite to 'hipster'... Their stores get tier 0 sneakers and they do collabs with Nike...
  • bck145
    edited June 2015
    Options
    huf-waikiki-short-sleeve-shirt-navy-p17281-40427_zoom.jpg

They look bummy??? You clearly know nothing about fashion breda, its far more superior than any street wear brand, the quality in Huf stands out by miles, the feel of their clothes even feels 100x better... Crooks and all that other schitt is mad cheap and played out... Hundreds and Obey and all them are hipster, all the kids run around wearing them...

Huf is the opposite to 'hipster'... Their stores get tier 0 sneakers and they do collabs with Nike...

ummm...i'm not talking about the quality, i'm talking about how they look. like their stupid hats...it's far from a street look

huf_lookbook_FAL12_d1_title_601_FINAL-600x398.jpg

skateboarders, dumb socks and hats, tye dye...it's hipster, don't try and twist it....it's not different than the hundreds in terms of who wears it....but at least obey is artistery

moral of the story, if you can find the ? at zumiez, then it's hipster clothing not streetwear
  • water ur seeds
    edited June 2015
    Options

ummm...i'm not talking about the quality, i'm talking about how they look. like their stupid hats...it's far from a street look

skateboarders, dumb socks and hats, tye dye...it's hipster, don't try and twist it....it's not different than the hundreds in terms of who wears it....but at least obey is artistery

moral of the story, if you can find the ? at zumiez, then it's hipster clothing not streetwear

You picking out a random shirt to form a bias opinion... Well done...

And Obey is artistry??? You serious??? 13 year kids wear Hundreds and Obey... And Crooks, Stussy, 10 Depp etc all street wear brands have a tye dye tee or whatever... Skaters wear these street wear brands but they arnt hipsters either... Hipsters are dudes with beards that drink expensive beers because its 'cool' with $100 burgers with gold flake seeds...

And 'Zumiez' sells every street wear brand by the way, you saying Alife, Undefeated, Diamond, Obey, Crooks, LRG, Zoo York, Hundreds, Mishka even Wu Tang... You saying they arnt street wear??? You clearly have not got a clue...

Lets end the debate...
  • bck145
    Options

And Obey is artistry??? You serious??? 13 year kids wear Hundreds and Obey... And Crooks, Stussy, 10 Depp etc all street wear brands have a tye dye tee or whatever... Skaters wear these street wear brands but they arnt hipsters either... Hipsters are dudes with beards that drink expensive beers because its 'cool' with $100 burgers with gold flake seeds...

And 'Zumiez' sells every street wear brand by the way, you saying Alife, Undefeated, Diamond, Obey, Crooks, LRG, Zoo York, Hundreds, Mishka even Wu Tang... You saying they arnt street wear??? You clearly have not got a clue...

Lets end the debate...

Yeah let's, because you clowning yourself right about now

If your a hipster it's cool you could admit it but it doesn't make the clothes look good or make my statement any less true

Btw obey clothes are made off of someone's art.....seems like your more trying to prove that your not trendy like the 13 year kids but your clothes look exactly the same

Zumiez is a skater/hipster store....not street fyi
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Lets end the debate...

If your a hipster it's cool you could admit it but it doesn't make the clothes look good or make my statement any less true

Btw obey clothes are made off of someone's art.....seems like your more trying to prove that your not trendy like the 13 year kids but your clothes look exactly the same

Im far from a hipster, clearly... If wearing Huf, Supreme and Alife makes someone a hipster, then I guess dudes like Raekwon and Ghost are hipsters too... You sound like a clown...
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Huf hats, I like their ? . Stussy has a premium line to go along with their standard line, and it's bit more adult. You get better fabrics, different cuts.

I can't rock with Supreme, it's too expensive for the quality. I've been making sure not to buy ? that will be played soon anyway, and that's the majority of streetwear. It's all disposable, so spending $100 on a tee because of branding is some ? I won't do.

I just grabbed some Rogue Territory Officers trousers in Nutmeg and a J Crew raw-selvedge-denim button up to match the vans they just put out. I was going to rock the whole fit with a brim on top, but I might throw the Huf Osaka Volley in there.

Does anyone else here ? with selvedge denim?
  • (Nope)
    Options
    Shepard Fairey's ? might be art in the street, but there are people in that realm that are better than him. Obey will have some nice pieces from time to time, but it's usually in spite of the branding and art, not because of it. 5-10 years ago their ? seemed new and fresh, it just isn't anymore.
  • bck145
    edited June 2015
    Options

Lets end the debate...

Im far from a hipster, clearly... If wearing Huf, Supreme and Alife makes someone a hipster, then I guess dudes like Raekwon and Ghost are hipsters too... You sound like a clown...

supreme isn't really hipster, but huf is

and i've said many times that wu tang is the hipster "cool kids" group these days, they have a huge hipster following, regardless of them not being hispters themselves

don't get mad at me duke, it is what it is...embrace it
  • water ur seeds
    edited June 2015
    Options

Lets end the debate...

and i've said many times that wu tang is the hipster "cool kids" group these days, they have a huge hipster following, regardless of them not being hispters themselves

Breda I couldn't give a fck what you think, youve done nothing but contradict yourself here... You clearly dont know what hipsters are, if you think the are skaters... Ive seen a few skaters wear Huf (it was started by famous skateboader), but more so rappers like Nas, Rae, K Dot and Joey... Not that I give a fck because their clothing is far more superior to any other street wear brand, hence why I fck with it...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    I ? with Huf hats, I like their ? . Stussy has a premium line to go along with their standard line, and it's bit more adult. You get better fabrics, different cuts.

I can't rock with Supreme, it's too expensive for the quality. I've been making sure not to buy ? that will be played soon anyway, and that's the majority of streetwear. It's all disposable, so spending $100 on a tee because of branding is some ? I won't do.

I just grabbed some Rogue Territory Officers trousers in Nutmeg and a J Crew raw-selvedge-denim button up to match the vans they just put out. I was going to rock the whole fit with a brim on top, but I might throw the Huf Osaka Volley in there.

Does anyone else here ? with selvedge denim?

Yeah Supreme is getting a little played and is expensive, I bought some Stone Island x Supreme camo sweatpants few months ago, they are well made but cost me about $300, they were so dope I had to cop them but I felt like a had been robbed when I walked out the store haha

Like you say most streetwear is disposable and its poorly made, its just tee's imported from Asia or Turkey and printed by the brand that wash really bad, thats why I fck with Huf as they actually make their own materials and ware really well...

I wont buy any denim that isnt selvage, I only dry clean them if I have to... I washed a pair of PRPS jeans in water few years ago and they died smh
  • bck145
    Options

Lets end the debate...

Breda I couldn't give a fck what you think, youve done nothing but contradict yourself here... You clearly dont know what hipsters are, if you think the are skaters... Ive seen a few skaters wear Huf, but more so rappers like Nas, Rae, K Dot and Joey... Not that I give a fck because their clothing is far more superior to any other street wear brand, hence why I fck with it...

cool you like the clothing, but your still wrong, a skater owns the company, skaters adopted the hipster fashion

Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses

HUF-Holiday-2013-Footwear-Collection-06.jpg

those are hipster shoes no matter how you want to twist it....influenced by hipsters, worn by their SKATE team, the clothing looks thrift shop (bummy)

so you could call it streetwear all you want or compare it to other hipster brands...i don't really care since i'm not 13 years old, i don't wear that stuff but it ain't a good fashion look
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Lets end the debate...

Breda I couldn't give a fck what you think, youve done nothing but contradict yourself here... You clearly dont know what hipsters are, if you think the are skaters... Ive seen a few skaters wear Huf, but more so rappers like Nas, Rae, K Dot and Joey... Not that I give a fck because their clothing is far more superior to any other street wear brand, hence why I fck with it...

cool you like the clothing, but your still wrong, a skater owns the company, skaters adopted the hipster fashion

Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses

those are hipster shoes no matter how you want to twist it....influenced by hipsters, worn by their SKATE team, the clothing looks thrift shop (bummy)

so you could call it streetwear all you want or compare it to other hipster brands...i don't really care since i'm not 13 years old, i don't wear that stuff but it ain't a good fashion look

Im leaving this convo hear, because its tiring and you clearly arnt making sense...

I will say I dont like Huf's footwear though...

But how can skaters be hipsters or wear skinny jeans??? First off they cant ware skinny jeans because, simply you cant skate properly in skinny jeans... Most rappers wear thick rimmed glasses or geek glasses, they arnt hipsters are they... They have been popping since the 80s and are a nod to the Cazal era...

Your saying skaters reject fashion trends and that makes them hipsters??? Well that contradicts what your saying, the current trend seems to be wearing skinny jeans and geek glasses, so that means your saying they arnt rejecting the trend after all then??? So are they hipsters or not???

Huf clothing looks bummy??? Yet is made of the best quality materials around... You have no idea what your on about, like I said their clothing looks AND feels levels above Crooks, 10 Deep, Undefeated, Alife etc Your saying rappers like Nas, Rae and Joey and them are hipsters for wearing it then, oh they wear thick rimmed glasses too, schitt they definitely must be hipsters...

What brands do you wear... Honestly... You only ware Polo, APC, Gucci, LV, Prada, Marc Jacobs??? Theres a time and a place... Everyone is influenced by trends one way or another...

I got Polo, APC Gucci, LV too, but theres a time and place for it...
  • bck145
    Options

Lets end the debate...

Im leaving this convo hear, because its tiring and you clearly arnt making sense...

But how can skaters be hipsters or wear skinny jeans??? First off they cant ware skinny jeans because, simply you cant skate properly in skinny jeans... Most rappers wear thick rimmed glasses or geek glasses, they arnt hipsters are they... They have been popping since the 80s and are a nod to the Cazal era...

Your saying skaters reject fashion trends and that makes them hipsters??? Well that contradicts what your saying, the current trend seems to be wearing skinny jeans and geek glasses, so that means your saying they arnt rejecting the trend after all then??? So are they hipsters or not???

Huf clothing looks bummy??? Yet is made of the best quality materials around... You have no idea what your on about, like I said their clothing looks AND feels levels above Crooks, 10 Deep, Undefeated, Alife etc Your saying rappers like Nas, Rae and Joey and them are hipsters for wearing it then, oh they wear thick rimmed glasses too, schitt they definitely must be hipsters...

What brands do you wear... Honestly... You only ware Polo, APC, Gucci, LV, Prada, Marc Jacobs??? Theres a time and a place... Everyone is influenced by trends one way or another...

haha your an idiot, like really, you arguments are stupid as ?

you ain't wearing no gucci, louie or any of that ? , who are you trying to fool...you can't even use the correct spelling of 4 letter words, let alone afford the stuff

the statement above my shoes are obviously copied from a web site to define what a hipster is so your pea brain could get the idea of how dumb you sound

and yes a lot of rappers these days are hipsters, the way russell westbrook dresses is hipster fashion, hipster is trendy right now, it started off unique but isnt anymore

and yes if you wear a shirt with a rip off ups logo, you look like a ? , but don't worry i'll check out huf's quality and report back to you since the $20 mall t shirt is so amazing
  • bck145
    Options
    So I asked a self proclaimed hipster I work with what he knew about huf

He said listen it was only $10 at Ross, thinking I'd bust his ? , I stopped him asked about the quality,

He shrugged and said sort of plastic feeling, and nothing special
  • water ur seeds
    edited June 2015
    Options

Lets end the debate...

you ain't wearing no gucci, louie or any of that ? , who are you trying to fool...you can't even use the correct spelling of 4 letter words, let alone afford the stuff

the statement above my shoes are obviously copied from a web site to define what a hipster is so your pea brain could get the idea of how dumb you sound

and yes a lot of rappers these days are hipsters, the way russell westbrook dresses is hipster fashion, hipster is trendy right now, it started off unique but isnt anymore

and yes if you wear a shirt with a rip off ups logo, you look like a ? , but don't worry i'll check out huf's quality and report back to you since the $20 mall t shirt is so amazing

No??? These arnt my Gucci kicks??? Or my Louboutins???

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0677_2.jpg

These arnt my Puma x Alexander McQueen kicks???

IMG_0816.jpg

Schitt... This aint my LV bag or hat either??? (or my hipster creed cologne)

IMG_2586_zpspm6zso7a.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Guess I do wear bummy clothes after all...

Ive got plenty of LV and Gucci, APC etc but like I said theres time in and a place... Im much more comfortable in some Edwin jeans, a Huf tee and some Jordans then a Gucci polo and shoes...

Sometimes I feel like rocking that if Im taking a chick out or something or Im going out somewhere, but fck wearing that when Im just going out chilling with my bredrens...

• water ur seeds
    Options
    So I asked a self proclaimed hipster I work with what he knew about huf

He said listen it was only $10 at Ross, thinking I'd bust his ? , I stopped him asked about the quality,

He shrugged and said sort of plastic feeling, and nothing special

Show that hipsters dont fck with Huf then...

Anyways Im done with the petty schitt let me know if you want to know some shops that stock dope Huf tees... Peace...
  • bck145
    Options
    At least you got me Rollin before you stopped

But I won't need any huf clothing, I'm too grown for children's clothing
  • (Nope)
    Options
    How is Supreme not hipster? They were a skateboard company in the 90s and cater the same demographic as huf?
  • (Nope)
    Options
    If we are throwing that word around then it would apply to Supreme too.
  • (Nope)
    Options

Lets end the debate...

No??? These arnt my Gucci kicks??? Or my Louboutins???

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0677_2.jpg

These arnt my Puma x Alexander McQueen kicks???

IMG_0816.jpg

Schitt... This aint my LV bag or hat either??? (or my hipster creed cologne)

IMG_2586_zpspm6zso7a.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Guess I do wear bummy clothes after all...

Ive got plenty of LV and Gucci, APC etc but like I said theres time in and a place... Im much more comfortable in some Edwin jeans, a Huf tee and some Jordans then a Gucci polo and shoes...

Sometimes I feel like rocking that if Im taking a chick out or something or Im going out somewhere, but fck wearing that when Im just going out chilling with my bredrens...

This ? reminded me of this...
    watch?v=eATZrHwNW7whttps://youtube.com/watch?v=eATZrHwNW7w[/url]
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @(Nope)

Broooooooooooooo you took me back with that tune, what a banger, Im digging that outta my collection right now...

Anyways, back to my original question, no one knows the inspiration (logo) for Huf's 'fuel collection'??? lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    If I can find it on karmalooop aka plndr is hip hip hipster. HUF falls under that and theres nothing wrong with that, since I got some of their stuff. I got about 8 duffle bags full of clothing.