Is Serena Williams the greatest athlete today?

2»

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but she's the most "dominant"
    That was good
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yeah she is top 10, i really want her to break that grand slam record. She in her 30s and still shows no signs of slowing down, i think if she breaks the record no one will ever come close.

these crackaz gonna be tight as ? .

Right just think is her and her sister never got into all that fashion ? and other stuff and just did tennis only,they record would of been broken
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tha fury wrote: »
    Greatest female tennis player of all time, yes, greatest tennis player of all time, no. To say that means you think she could beat some of the all time great men, and I don't think she could.

We're arguing whether or not if she's the greatest athlete of this era compared to her competition in terms of consistently winning, dominance, and other relative factors.

The gender ? is a whole separate subject that has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SUBJECT.

I was responding to those saying greatest TENNIS player ever, which would include men and women. Top 5 athlete of this era hands down though.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Greatest female tennis player of all time, yes, greatest tennis player of all time, no. To say that means you think she could beat some of the all time great men, and I don't think she could.

We're arguing whether or not if she's the greatest athlete of this era compared to her competition in terms of consistently winning, dominance, and other relative factors.

The gender ? is a whole separate subject that has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SUBJECT.

I was responding to those saying greatest TENNIS player ever, which would include men and women. Top 5 athlete of this era hands down though.
    Ite I feel that, but even that can be argued. Men will always have the edge on a woman obviously, but she still in.the discussion for GOAT in her sport imo, but I see your view as the best being literally the most likely to beat everyone.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Yeah she is top 10, i really want her to break that grand slam record. She in her 30s and still shows no signs of slowing down, i think if she breaks the record no one will ever come close.

these crackaz gonna be tight as ? .

Right just think is her and her sister never got into all that fashion ? and other stuff and just did tennis only,they record would of been broken

Still remembered when they first came on the scene, Venus was actually kicking everyones ass including Serena's, boii, that didn't last long now did it?
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She should bring DNA to all of her matches to yell now "Get her the ? outta here" after she wins.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2015
    Shoutout to @iKingGodGivBiz thread being featured on the front of http://www.allhiphop.com I want my 5% @_Jay_ and in celebration imma fill my backstreets full of bad biatches
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serena going to be the all time slam leader. If she sweeps the next slams, she can win #25 next Wimbledon
  • Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    I don't know but i do know she got a nice ass and some beautiful breast.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Math looked suspect....but she's a beast. Not over all sports though.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey should get an honorable mention

explain
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Maybe
    O.G. wrote: »

explain

She's been dominating her sport for a minute. Seems like Dana white is running out of fights for her cause she just steam rolls over ever broad he throws her way
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »

explain

She's been dominating her sport for a minute. Seems like Dana white is running out of fights for her cause she just steam rolls over ever broad he throws her way

You really tryin' to compare the UFC to professional women's tennis or any other sport mentioned? The same UFC where you can be a champ with a 7-0 win loss record? Are you saying that UFC 512 or whatever is on the same par with Wimbledon, U.S. Open, French Open, Australian Open or even the Olympics? If this is the case by you, both of us are wasting our time talking.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messi is up there when you're talking about current potential GOATs.