Fan creates a PC using an old NES

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
Modder builds an impressive, retro-style PC through an old broken 1985 NES shell
by Courtney Gamache on July 8, 2015

Through seven months of toil, a man with the handle “Ungreedy” was able to re-create a custom PC that he saw built before through a shell of an old 1985 Nintendo Entertainment System. Seeking a custom case mod, he took an old broken NES that was given to him, and turned it into a new, sweet PC with a bunch of great hardware.

Featured on PC Gamer‘s “Build of the week”, here is a list of hardware he included in his build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4Ghz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Storage: Hitachi Travelstar 1TB 2.5 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case Fan: GELID Silent 7 (low speed optimized silent fan)

You may think fitting all of these hardware pieces together would be easy, but the NES wasn’t designed to withhold such powerful mechanics and this caused some problems to arise as Ungreedy continued building. “A build like this will take both an even temper and creative thinking to overcome the obstacles that are likely to pop up along the way,” he advises.

A major concern with the NES and powerful hardware is the ability to keep it cool in such a small compact space. To work through this hurdle, Ungreedy tested many fans and CPU coolers until he found the best fit with minimal exterior changes (such as adding vents).

I must say, Ungreedy did a wonderful job in creating this PC masterpiece, hitting all of us in the nostalgia field wanting one of our own

Inside-Custom-NES-PC-524x366.png
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2015/07/08/modder-builds-an-impressive-retro-style-pc-through-an-old-broken-1985-nes-shell/

couldn't upload the other picture for some reason so I just linked the website

Comments